Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda E3 2015 Conference: Fallout 4 gameplay video, coming November 10, Dishonored 2 announced

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Anyone else notice the default protagonist looks, even sounds, like Naughty Dog's Joel & Nathan Drake (Uncharted/Last of Us).

Fallout Shelter, actually looks quite charming though, for a smart-phone game, I'll give them that.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Conversation wheel.
Even if Obsi somehow managed to nudge back Fallout in the right direction with New Vegas, they will no longer be able to do it, even if Bethesda gives 'em a spinoff contract.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When you completely remove the core heart of Fallout (skills), there's really nothing Obsidian could do cRPG wise but do an interesting story I guess.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Looks like shit, no surprise there. Dialogues are pathetic, everything is simplified so that even retards can play it and graphics are shitty. And the dog is just hilarious, you can remotely control him, lol. Oh, and the people in the audience are either on Bethesda's payroll or retarded. They joyfully scream at every stupid shit they see.

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
Whose moronic idea was to make DOOM 3 & 4 into a "horror" game with cutscenes, terrible gunplay and a very few monsters to kill?! Makes no sense. That's like turning Fallout into a first person shooter tower defense game with a shitty story.

naossano

Cipher
That F2P spin-off is the best news of the event.
Although the flare-for-vertibird thing might give hope for the removal of fast-travel.

It doesn't excuse the rest, but AAA develloppers finally implementing alternatives to fast-travel could be good news.

Fast-travel is probably 0,01% of the problems of F3.

The thing is, this problem was spread well beyond Fallout. Even Obsidian kickstarted thing have it.
If Beth remove it, other might follow, with a bit of luck.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
When you completely remove the core heart of Fallout (skills), there's really nothing Obsidian could do cRPG wise but do an interesting story I guess.

Nah, skill removal is not as crucial - I mean, if you have no skills but gain more perks and some of those now act as skills, what's the real difference? They've already implemented perk usage in dialogues - now they'll just have to do more of that. Not sure if the Bethesda will give them another go at this, though - or if the Obsidian will agree. I bet they're still butthurt after their New Vegas 84 metascore treatment.

Obama Phone 3

Learned
Looks like shit, no surprise there. Dialogues are pathetic, everything is simplified so that even retards can play it and graphics are shitty. And the dog is just hilarious, you can remotely control him, lol. Oh, and the people in the audience are either on Bethesda's payroll or retarded. They joyfully scream at every stupid shit they see.

I noticed the same thing too. Looks like a company-funded expo.

naossano

Cipher
It is even worse by watching the video.
All that time talking about sims and shooting stuff but none about correcting previous flaws.

At least, the dog is called dog, not dogmeat.

hexer

Which ones are those?

There's been talk about orbital death laser vaporizing Boston (sounds like BOMB-001 from Van Buren) and also androids were a discarded Fallout 2 plot (a huge android city is surrounded by 10 smaller cities each ruled by a different faction that is trying to get in in order to rule it or destroy it. The player's decisions determine what will happen.)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

But will INT affect damage radii and will STR affect gun damage too? :sawyer:

Honestly, the tower defense/build a town minigame and the modable weapons and armor are incline, but I'm sure Bethedsa will Bethesda things up somehow.

The skill removal was a long time coming. It's not like they ever meant anything in Bethesda games anyway.

The world looks pretty big (although I'd like to hear how big it is compared to Skyrim as each Bethesda game has consistently shrank since daggerfall.

The idea of the game starting in the past prenuke era is a cool one. The idea of you having a wife and kid is not. Feels pretty Adam Jenson. :ineveraskedforthis:

Dialog wheel means Bethesda is finally out Biodeclining Bioware. Behold the unholy abomination that is Fallout: Inquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:

nikolokolus

Arcane
It looks like a fairly pretty and probably stupid manshoot ... no doubt I'll waste 400 hours of my life walking around playing sightseer. 10/10 GOTY.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Infinitron, explain yourself.
d1PkdoN.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pfff... we'll all play it. Well, many of us will.
Once you accept that Fallout is dead, I'm pretty sure Fallout 4 could turn out to be an interesting game with lots of replayability (if good mod support).

Like Skyrim.

Didn't play fo3, probably won't play this either. I liked aspects of Skyrim because I was a daggerfall fan and it kind of had some elements of daggerfall in it. Heavily modded it can be tolerable for a while.

Fo3 had literally nothing redeemable in it. There was nothing there that made me want to play it. I suspect fo4 will be the same. We'll see though. Maybe it will end up being good for what it is(tm). Doesn't mean I'm gonna shell out 60 bucks though.

Interesting. Had no idea about it keeping track of sales. Will keep that in mind for the future.

Kalasanty11

Learned
Interesting presentation of that Minecraft\Dragon Age hybrid, but where are the news on Fallout 4 that we were promised?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom