Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Guardian

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
From the makers of Ico and shadow of the colossus, in works for over 6 years, finaly a trailer !

bminorkey

Honestly I wasn't really impressed by the trailer/concept compared to Ico and SotC

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Not sure about when it will come, but Game Of The Century seems safe.

Ivan

Arcane
Ico and Shadow were really simplisitc. What's cool about these games is that you're meant to intuit everything without menus or shit.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ico was very fun,I finished it without getting bored through whole game, this looks like Ico 2 with some good physics.

Ilya

Literate
Sony's conference had just started and they had already won E3, or maybe it's just me being a heavy SotC fan. Even though this game looks like ICO 2 in terms of gameplay, I'm still excited for it, I hope they actually release it and not just wait another 6 years :^)

Then I hope it is well received so that maybe Ueda feels like making more games.

Dire Roach

Prophet
And here I thought they would officially announce it's cancellation this year. Instead, what we got is: "We'll release it next year, we promise! Here's a gameplay trailer, see? Everything is just fine!"

I have a feeling the game will disappoint after being in development for so long, but who knows. Hopefully it will be something more than an Ico reimagining with PS3 graphics.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Wasn't this last shown as a release title for the PS3? I thought it was a dead project. Looks cool, though. I like these foggy dream-like games the Japanese seem to enjoy pumping out.

Curlbrah

Educated
The bird dog thing is going to die and it will win awards for most emoshunal gaming moment
in the year 2016. You heard it here first.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The bird dog thing is going to die and it will win awards for most emoshunal gaming moment
You mix up this game with some western shit. If there is anything Ico and Shadow of the Colossus tought us is that this will be probably more subtle and not in you face THE DOG DIED, I CRY NOW shit.

Athelas

Arcane
Looks more like a proof of concept than anything substantial. I'm not sure what the point is of a whole sequence where a giant beast walk on some wooden planks and we are supposed to be on the edge of our seat that the wooden planks would fall apart.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not sure what the point is of a whole sequence where a giant beast walk on some wooden planks and we are supposed to be on the edge of our seat that the wooden planks would fall apart.
The point of the scene was to show how the boy (the player) can use the Guardian to solve puzzles, in this case bridging that huge gap.

Curlbrah

Educated
some western shit

You are delusional if you actually think those irradiated Nips are any better than Western developers.
Ico and SotC were developed in an era of gaming completely different from now.
The only thing Nips are passionate about today, aside from selling shitty games to western weebs, is jerking off to Anime.
FF went to shit, Fire Emblem went to shit and so will this.
But why am I even discussing this with an obvious weeb who thinks grorious Nihon is superior to the western devil.

Ilya

Literate
You mix up this game with some western shit. If there is anything Ico and Shadow of the Colossus tought us is that this will be probably more subtle and not in you face THE DOG DIED, I CRY NOW shit.
It's gonna be DOG DIED, CRY NOW, followed by some ambigous ending implying the dog may have not died. Pretty much what happened with the YORDA DIED, OR MAYBE NOT in ICO and the WANDER DIED, OR MAYBE NOT in SotC.

Athelas

Arcane
I'm not sure what the point is of a whole sequence where a giant beast walk on some wooden planks and we are supposed to be on the edge of our seat that the wooden planks would fall apart.
The point of the scene was to show how the boy (the player) can use the Guardian to solve puzzles, in this case bridging that huge gap.
Well, what was the puzzle? Because all I saw was a long cutscene interrupted by some light bits of interactivity.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
some western shit

You are delusional if you actually think those irradiated Nips are any better than Western developers.
Ico and SotC were developed in an era of gaming completely different from now.
The only thing Nips are passionate about today, aside from selling shitty games to western weebs, is jerking off to Anime.
FF went to shit, Fire Emblem went to shit and so will this.
But why am I even discussing this with an obvious weeb who thinks grorious Nihon is superior to the western devil.
Sorry, I didn't know japanese devs raped you, but no need to unleash your fury on me.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
A little trivia, the game in Japan will be named Trico.

Tri Ico :P

Ivan

Arcane
came for news, got
shitposter.png

:cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom