Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mouse Cursors

jeansberg

Liturgist
Elhoim said:
Definitely much better. It might still be a bit blurry, though. And it would really help to see it in context.

Amasius

Augur
jeansberg said:
And it would really help to see it in context.
Cursor.jpg

Works well I'd say.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Amasius said:
Cursor.jpg

Works well I'd say.
That windows cursor wins because of it's contrast with interface. It's easy to locate it while Elhoim's merges with gui.

Noceur

Liturgist
Looks great.
Looking at the "stills" it could perhaps use a bit stronger outline, but it'll probably be more visible in the actual game since movement draws attention (i.e moving the mouse cursor).
I'd try and make it a bit more visible though, to be on the safe side.

EDIT: Giving it a dark(er) outline and brighter fill would probably do the trick (that way it's visible in both dark and bright areas)... probably redundant of me to say, but meh. :roll:

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I'm guessing Amasius was being sarcastic, because even though it fits the background aesthetically, its very hard to make out. Might I suggest something with a bit more whiter or yellowed. I might suggest red, but that seems very hard to make aesthetically appealing.

Globbi

Augur
I don't like the latest spear, the red lines were better.

How about something like in Civ4?
curvm5.jpg

Also, you may find some inspiration here: http://images.google.pl/images?q=dagger
daggerwinnersv3.jpg

I think dagger would better than sword or spear.
It doesn't look good when you try to make a small image of a big weapon, it either gets cartoony look or you make only a small deformed part of it.

oltronix

Novice
That's a nice cursor! Add a slight "bling" to it to improve visability and you've got it.

Ohh beat me too it. inverse that statement.

On a side note, THE REPEATING TEXTURE! Left and right of the trade icon, it's bugging me, not because it's hideous but because it's such an easy thing to correct. I may be alone on this one but repeating textures are so Web 1.0.

Amasius

Augur
Greatatlantic said:
I'm guessing Amasius was being sarcastic, because even though it fits the background aesthetically, its very hard to make out.
No, I wasn't sarcastic. Take a look at this old screenshot:

wincursor2.jpg

Even the windows cursor is hard to make out on a bright background. If you move the cursor Elhoims spear should work well.

Gosling

Liturgist
Pointer and loading thingies are good. Love the dents on the spearhead!

Target seems too big, and the outer circle is a bit too thick. Maybe just leave the inner circle with those cross spikes sticking out of it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom