Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's play Single Female Warrior

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
All your life, you dream of adventure: knights, dragons, magic rings, chests of gold, and all the danger and glory that awaits a professional swordswoman. But every dream has a cost. You are on your way across the desert wastes to compete in the Warrior Games when your caravan is attacked. Orcs and bandits murder your father, capture your companions, and leave you for dead.

Now alone in the world, will you choose to seek glory, vengeance, treasure... or love?

In this licensed adaptation of an original 1980s fantasy gamebook, your choices will lead to one of 22 different endings!

TYtpb4Y.png

oQI1wCQ.png

A hot sun beats down on you even as sunset draws close.

You shift in your saddle as your father, General Hamroth, orders, "Halt!"

6kpvCoO.png

He motions you to dismount.

xi24jnO.jpg
We're going to camp early tonight.

DOv1HET.png

ARJXUC1.png

The caravaners who have been guiding you across the colored sands and rocky terrain of the wastes are hurrying. They use their robes and banners as tents against the sun.

EdxiTet.png

Their leader, Ranth, salutes you and your father.

lxlRnoh.jpg
Great general, we are ready for the Warden.

xi24jnO.jpg
Good.

Hamroth turns to answer your question before you can even ask, putting an affectionate arm around your shoulders.

xi24jnO.jpg
My curious Tyrna. The Warden comes from the high elves who look after the valleys to the south. He must meet us and pass judgment before he can give us permission to cross their lands.

xi24jnO.jpg
Change into battle dress. You have practice yet.

CF6rwjJ.png

You groan, but stop as you see your father's eyebrow rise. You remind yourself that the reason you've come across the wastes is to toughen you on your journey to the Warrior Games.

You dress in light battle gear: ring mail, sword, small bow, with a dagger at your waist, over your dusty riding boots and trousers and full-sleeved blouse.

You lean over to braid your auburn hair so that you may tuck it under the lightweight helmet.

APAty0z.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
Father? Will we have time to visit the temple of Neron?

ptLXCfq.jpg
I want to see where he battled Slag and threw him down from the mountain!

The spot where the blue dragon died became a mighty spring, which spills into a lake and then runs across the desert as the river Ashkaraneth.

Someday, you hope, you will do deeds as glorious as Neron. It's why you're a warrior.

Hamroth shakes his head no.

xi24jnO.jpg
I don't think so, Tyrna. It's dangerous here. Slag left more than destruction behind, he left a path of great evil that attracts others. Neron deserves our tribute, but we should hurry on our way.

xi24jnO.jpg
Besides, you need to get to the Warrior Games on time or you'll have to wait until next year for your promotion.

xi24jnO.jpg
But...

xJ8gBnO.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I know. You're worried it may be too late by then.

You finish his thought for him and give him a light kiss.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Don't worry, Daddy. I can be a girl and a fighter too. No one is going to steal my heart.

At least, you think, not until you've had the chance to do exciting things and perhaps win a great fortune!

r1i0Klu.png

The only treasure your father has left from his career is a gift from the elves, a cloak of concealment which he carries everywhere with him. It is a wonderful thing to own, but there are many other wonderful things in the world.

Your father sighs.

xi24jnO.jpg
Don't be too sure of that. I thought I could be a father and a husband and a general, but your mother did most of the hard work for me.

xi24jnO.jpg
It wasn't until your mother was gone and I had to take care of you myself that I realized how hard it could be.

xi24jnO.jpg
Now, no more stalling. You have work to do! I will not have you out of shape at the games.

bP91tlq.png

qoSFi4t.png

Suddenly, real screams tear the night.

Your companions run in confusion as terrifying war yelps come from what must be maddened orcs!

ORtZP4T.png

lxlRnoh.jpg
Attack!

rUTMvXg.png

Your father jumps to his feet, grabbing his elven cloak of concealment. He throws the cloak about you before drawing his sword.

xi24jnO.jpg
Stay down, Tyrna!

He runs into the night, his sword readied to protect the fleeing wagoners.

JXn7eT3.png

Weapons clash and steel rings, shattering the once peaceful calm of the wasteland. You can hear Ranth giving his tribesmen orders to fight.

You can't see much through the cloak. It wasn't meant to be transparent, but you can hear the noise and the shouts and the cries of pain. Bodies thud to the ground near you.

Your heart beats wildly in fright! But you can't let your father fight alone against so many orcs.

4bTCmZj.png

They crash through the camp, gnashing their tusks and chasing the terrified caravaners. They can't see you as you race after your father, but your sword hangs in front of you as though enchanted. They yelp in fear.

You feel a little guilty – it is not a fair battle – but the orcs are swarming everywhere. You must help your father!

Even as you reach his side, he stumbles. His opponent howls in triumph. The orc leader shakes his war club in fury.

1qCAk8T.png

Your father doubles over, his sword falling! He has been wounded!

You step in front to protect him from another blow as the orc swings his mighty club.

3zPxEw4.png

Great pain and fire flashes through your head, and you sink into darkness.

68MfyLD.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
fJaEZuZ.png

You awake with cold water stinging your face.

kBaE1FQ.png

xpdukV0.png

PHMiRTg.png

NNszxLL.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
Father? Where is he?

You struggle to sit up. The night has passed, and a bright morning makes your head hurt.

ptLXCfq.jpg
You are... elven!

6BLxIKU.jpg
Yes, luckily for you. Otherwise I'd never have spotted you still alive under that cloak of yours.

sQA2bA0.png

Tears sting your eyes as you look around and remember the desert battle. Your father's body is surrounded by many slain orcs.

You hold back your sorrow, thinking that he died honorably, defending others.

hGWQdl7.png

As your rescuer helps you stand, you see he is taller than you. Your chin reaches his broad shoulders. He cannot be a true elf.

Your father's warning of evil in the wastelands makes you wonder. You put your hand on your sword's hilt.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Who are you?

6BLxIKU.jpg
Gavin, Warden of these wastes. And you must be Tyrna, Hamroth's daughter.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Then you're the one we were waiting for when the orcs struck.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I, too, hate orcs. I came to protect you.

ptLXCfq.jpg
You were too late!

2wFTOcE.png

Sadly, you bend over to gather the goods scattered from your pack. You notice that few of the bodies are caravaners, though dead orcs lie everywhere. Ranth and his tribesmen have disappeared.

As you look, footprints and a faint trail show that the orcs have taken the caravaners prisoner. You shudder at the thought of the horrors they must be experiencing.

Better to die than be enslaved by orcs! Your father's death was in vain unless you rescue them! Quickly, you retrieve his sword.

Gavin knocks it from your hand.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Take nothing! The orcs will be back. They remember every piece of loot they have left behind.

FyCBTEv.png

You stare. Already you miss your father terribly. You have nothing left of your father but the elven cloak and memories.

You cannot let his death be useless. You must go after Ranth and his tribesmen. How can a cold-natured elf, Warden or not, understand?

ptLXCfq.jpg
I must do something!

6BLxIKU.jpg
What can you do?

S5zeWAf.png

You don't answer right away. Does Gavin have another reason for being late – or not caring? Murderous orcs don't seem to bother him, though elves and orcs have warred countless generations.

gYbmCPi.png

You have the trail sign clearly before you. Perhaps it would be better for you to go on alone after the caraveners.

Yet even if you found the orcs, you would be outnumbered. You have a lot to learn about fighting, and, truthfully, you don't have much stomach for killing after last night. It was not as glorious as you had imagined.

You think of Neron and his temple. Perhaps you could get aid there, from pilgrims or maybe even the spirit of the paladin himself.

Or, you think, you could stay with Gavin and hope he will help you. You hesitate, unsure of what to do.

QjA4X4a.png

Gavin touches your shoulder.

6BLxIKU.jpg
You can do nothing. We must leave immediately in case the orcs return.

You stab your sword at the sky.

ptLXCfq.jpg
I can't leave! I need justice for my father!

6BLxIKU.jpg
There's only one of you. What can you hope to do?

bKHbD0R.png

You feel uncomfortable, for there is a strange expression on his face. He waits for your answer. You must decide.

5UvQ0zt.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
You step in front to protect him from another blow as the orc swings his mighty club.

Great pain and fire flashes through your head, and you sink into darkness.

For a moment I feared that this was to be that kind of game.

Let's go full retard: TRAIL THE ORCS ON YOUR OWN

This woman is no Lone Wolf, better to get her killed as soon as possible. *sigh*. A Forum LP/LR of Lone Wolf would be a mess, though.

tumblr_noyvfzlEFM1r1g40zo9_500.gif

random 80' illustration to clean my eyes from the generic contemporary art

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
b7SKqIV.png

TnpTJ4v.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I'll see them roast before I quit!

6BLxIKU.jpg
I see. Well, the heart filled with the need for violence feels little else.

oJpABSa.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
I will not help you with your quest.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Cold elf!

0PjNdb8.png

QUGPnhT.png

a34egrl.png

OO0JusS.png

B4btFJI.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
This is foolishness, Tyrna. What if the orcs double back?

ptLXCfq.jpg
Then I'll fight them that much faster!

6BLxIKU.jpg
And when you run out of water?

ptLXCfq.jpg
Then I'll dig pits in the sand and hope they gather moisture, or that the orcs and I meet sooner!

82CiYYG.png

HvxamqY.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I won't leave anybody to the mercy of the orcs. I've got to rescue the caravaners.

pXWdOWb.png

RwwGzy8.png

Sxo0l0B.png

Y5eKFsK.png

N2H3iKQ.png

kjatZzP.png

K9V8mHa.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
2wu8yDH.png

1tr8z0A.png

5p2Wq6G.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I'm sorry. I – I can't keep going. My head thinks it's a drum and my water skin has barely anything in it.

peQeKse.png

vzr8O66.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
That's all I need to know.

6BLxIKU.jpg
A foolish warrior is soon a dead one.

Does he admire you for showing weakness? How strange!

pNVXF6h.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
This is Stormseeker. At my command, he will carry you.

The intelligent creature whickers and eyes you as you admire him.

6BLxIKU.jpg
As for water, the Ashkaraneth is ahead of us. The orcs, it appears, needed water as badly as you, for the trail shows they have already been here and gone.

WebGn9J.png

pBPEyMJ.png

rMZ3CJe.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
Stormseeker says that he barely catches the scent of water. I don't understand it. Stay here.

And he leaves you in the shelter of a broken rock while he runs forward to the mirage.

The instant he breaks the image of water, a shriek fills the air

8KLixIn.png

Stormseeker rears.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Run! Run while you can!

The sand devil veers at the sound of his voice. Prey on foot attracts it. The spout of sand and gravel heads toward him.

As Stormseeker whinnies and dances in fear, you watch it traveling toward Gavin. Its pattern is a little odd, almost circular.

You are almost too frightened to think straight, but you must! You might be able to reach Gavin before it does and carry him out of reach of the vortex.

On the other hand, the sand devil seemed to think you more of a menace than Gavin. You might have a chance attacking it directly.

p6prh8G.png

UaYxF30.png

SoupNazi

This has been really stupid so far. Let's make it even stupider and attack a whirlwind with a sword.

Dayyālu

Arcane
*frantically searches for the lost number of the previous encounter, turning a page after the other*

*"Ok, that never happened*

Let's keep the nostalgia up, but someone should explain why this was ported and the countless better gamebooks of my youth weren't. Even the shitty AD&D inspired ones are nicer.

Rescue Gavin

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
D2cMudm.png

kgfoFIj.png

2MBsVKP.png

nqpCsdh.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
To water!

But the water was a mirage!

jiYXzGH.png

hBdzXHP.png

Gavin speaks into your ear.

6BLxIKU.jpg
The water in the riverbed will stop it.

ptLXCfq.jpg
What river?

The wind snatches away your words.

The devil whirlwind howls in your ears and you can almost feel claws of stone and sand raking at your back. Stormseeker may run like the wind, but this is a wild wind and nothing could outrun it!

His hooves thunder upon the desert, mane whipping in your face as the two of you lean down upon his neck and hold tight.

Gavin's breath is hot on the back of your neck and his arms tight about your waist. This is a race for your lives, and you are losing!

6BLxIKU.jpg
There!

He points at the dark, angry trench crossing the wastes in front of you.

ptLXCfq.jpg
But there's no water!

Stormseeker plunges into the empty riverbed. Damp sand sprays up from his hooves. It churns into the sand devil, which halts abruptly.

9JRMVSF.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
Water enough.

QluGVK4.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
This is the Ashkaraneth – or what is left of it.

You slide off the horse to rest him.

ptLXCfq.jpg
What has happened?

6BLxIKU.jpg
I don't know. The gods ordained that the Ashkaraneth would always flow.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I have a feeling the orcs are at the bottom of this! They're great miners.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Tyrna, you were right. We must follow them, and hurry!

zorGvnX.png

ljtKe1z.png

A small piece of cloth caught on a bush catches your eye. You bend down and pluck if off.

It is sand-colored, with a black band. It looks familiar.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Look, Gavin! It's part of Ranth's robe. Ranth is the leader of the caravaners!

6BLxIKU.jpg
Good. Now we know we're on the right track.

He breaks into a trot. He does not seem to feel tired, but you do. You have been many days in the wasteland heat, using water sparingly all that time. You feel as though you could drink a river.

LVnfEdQ.png

gnBTtS6.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
The orcs came this way.

He points to a blue shimmer at the foot of the mountains.

6BLxIKU.jpg
That is the lake, so at least the spring gives out water.

tq5KbYQ.png

mZk7LtX.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
That looks like orcish handiwork. Could they have dammed the river?

6BLxIKU.jpg
Perhaps. Though... why?

Gavin's voice trails off as he looks around.

6BLxIKU.jpg
The captives were brought through here, there's no doubt of it.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Then we know where to hit them – right at the watergate.

Gavin shakes his head.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I don't want to risk you or the caravaners.

6BLxIKU.jpg
That waterfall brings water from deep under mountain to the river. There's a passage behind it, leading underground.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I don't know if it will lead us around the lake to the orcs, but it's worth a try. It gives us a chance to go in quietly.

l26uBKK.png

tgpI0Qe.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I think we should go in directly.

Gavin looks at you, that strange expression on his face that you saw earlier.

Then he looks away.

6BLxIKU.jpg
It is your quest as much as it is mine. I will follow you wherever you go.

E9zSDOD.png

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
8CmChP0.png

You press your heels to Stormseeker.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Then follow me!

SEgREDa.png

lNpHb0F.png

Despite your urging, the horse stops in his tracks. Gavin, a little out of breath, places his hand on the stallion's dapple-gray neck. His face is twisted.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Wasted. All that water, wasted.

ptLXCfq.jpg
But won't it help wherever it touches?

6BLxIKU.jpg
Yes... and no. Whatever grows there now will be too flooded to thrive.

6BLxIKU.jpg
And there are some areas of the wastes so blasted by the blue dragon Slag that their evil keeps any good from happening. The valleys of my people need that water!

Mn9u3RS.png

z01uCcp.png

Without saying a word to each other, it is clear the tunnel will have to be entered.

Gavin prepares to go. You shudder. The thought of being underground and in the dark suddenly frightens you.

7vxBTlI.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
Make me a torch.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Do you wish to blind me?

ptLXCfq.jpg
B-better you than me.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Why not stand in the tunnel mouth and shout to all the orcs that you're coming in?

6BLxIKU.jpg
Tyrna, you're being really stupid.

ptLXCfq.jpg
I am not! Do you expect me to stumble around when I can't even see? How do you expect me to draw my sword and fight if something happens?

ptLXCfq.jpg
You can go ahead or follow behind, but I'm not going anywhere that I can't see!

QeMYfyb.png

FZBi922.png

FFHXd3f.png

He stops.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I'm sorry.

6BLxIKU.jpg
There's isn't anything to be afraid of, Tyrna, if you would only trust me a little.

Trust somebody who just tried to shake your head from your shoulders?

You stare at him, hoping your face isn't all red and blotchy. Your chin sticks out a little, the way it used to when your father scolded you.

Gavin sighs.

6BLxIKU.jpg
If you can't trust me to guide you down, then go back and follow me around the lake to the waterfall. I can let you use a torch in there most of the way.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Tyrna, be sensible.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Or give up this crazy idea of yours and come home with me.

QFP8vN6.png

6BLxIKU.jpg
Let me take care of you, always. I promise that I'll bring back fighters to rescue the caravaners. Remember, I came this far to be with you.

PQn9RBo.png

ptLXCfq.jpg
I can't do it!

He groans in exasperation.

ptLXCfq.jpg
What makes you so sure the waterfall tunnel might come close to the dam?

The wind shifts. His elven-gold hair blows gently.

6BLxIKU.jpg
The lair of the blue dragon Slag runs underneath the foot of the mountains. All his tunnels and all his treasures lie below us.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Gold! Dragon gold and jewels!

ptLXCfq.jpg
No wonder the orcs are mining here.

ptLXCfq.jpg
And you knew it all the time.

He does not answer.

Anger drives away your fear for a moment. The treasure of the dead monster lured the evil orcs across the desert to kill your father!

You curl you hand around your sword hilt.

ptLXCfq.jpg
We'll face an army, sooner or later.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Perhaps, but I prefer later.

ptLXCfq.jpg
Because I am a girl and you don't think I can hold my own?

6BLxIKU.jpg
No!

He takes you by the shoulders.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Because you have awakened the human side of my feelings.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I am only half elf, Tyrna. My mother was a human girl who chose to follow my father back to the valleys.

6BLxIKU.jpg
I could not bear to see you hurt.

He cups the side of your face gently, and then released you. He clears his throat.

6BLxIKU.jpg
Please. Trust me.

nCGh0ft.png

x4ia7E7.png

Cvzfx12.png

D55zhv3.png

gfMmYfH.png

cU42r0s.png

NdmJ1uV.png

MrContinuity

Learned
So much patriarchy in one game.

Into the cave, women have a horrible sense of direction anyway.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is there going to be sex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom