Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPS Top 50 RPGs

Stompa

Arcane
Nice to see that even RPS popamolers recognise the superiority of FO1 and F:NV over FO2:troll:

At least nothing pops out as much as Thief in their top 50 FPS. Still a shit list.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Surprisingly decent list for such a mainstream site, but any list where PST is not #1 is invalid by default. ;-)

EDIT: WTF is Brogue?

EDIT 2: Risen but no Gothic 2? :retarded:

Last edited:
FTL as top 10 is funny, but it is a fantastic game and probably tied with Divinity: Original Sin as best Kickstarter games. Though it was already in a development when that launched.

almondblight

Arcane
At least they had a good reason for leaving out Geneforge:

And Geneforge was the first pick but I prefer the second to the first and would rather recommend the first in a series.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The problem with writing a Top50 list of a genre you don't have extensive and deep knowledge of, is that you run out of shit you actually know around 20 entries in and fill the rest with the mental equivalent of throwing darts at a board.

No Might and Magic, the only Wizardry on the list is 8 (lol), Mass Effect 2 is in there, Dragon Age: Origins (LOL) is there, Risen over Gothic 2, frilly tangential shit like Darkest Dungeon is in there while Arcanum is not, etc.

And Dark Souls as #1 PC RPG is just hilarious. I mean, I like DS as much as the next guy, but really?

Seems like they went around the office and asked for every retard to chip a name in and then jumbled the results together to come up with a 'list'. There are some solid games there, sure, but I can't help but feel that those are an accident.

Machine

Arbiter
oy vey another clickbait top xx list

I, too, am very anally anguished about this

Quatlo

Arcane
I've added RPS to my hosts as google so I can avoid further bullshit from these idiots. This shit is hilarious, they call themselves ultra monocle pc gaming site and they dont know shit about gaming.
Why are they even afloat? They are fucking kotaku 2.0 now.

lol. i am probably the biggest Fromdrone on Codex but putting DS above Torment is simply retarded:lol:
it should be 1.Torment. 2. BG2 3. F1+F2 4. DS1. 5.Arcanum :M

bloodlover

Arcane
Not even the people that commented on the article agree on the list :lol:

Even with the retarded names over there, it's by far the best top *insert number* made by a mainstream gaming website. Imagine this list being made by Gamespot or IGN...

Gozma

Arcane
Looks like they wrote down the Codex top list on index cards then shuffled them

I think Infinitron linked this because it has the smell of influence

Congrats to dcfedor for some more Steam sale bux tho

Themadcow

Augur
No Wizardry 6 or 7, no Bards Tale, no Pools of Darkness. That list is about as bad as the Codex one tbh. No-one under the age of 39 should be legally allowed to vote in such lists ;)

thexsa

Educated
I wonder how many games on the list this guy actually completed besides Diablo 2.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I don't even understand Dark Souls as #1. Like it just seems like a weird choice. I mean I actually enjoy the game and all, at least for what it is, but that's just it - what it is doesn't really seem all that representative of the RPG genre, you know? It'd be like saying Europa Universalis IV is the best RTS game. While EU is a strategy game that takes place in real time, and it is a good game, it's so far outside the colloquial understanding of what an RTS is that it doesn't make any sense.

Actually, better analogy. It'd be like a list that ranked Jerusalem as the best city in Asia. Technically Jerusalem is in Asia, but if someone's looking up a list of Asian cities Jerusalem probably isn't what they have in mind, you know?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom