Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Thanks for the assets, chums!

Whiran

Magister
Greedmonger shut down their site:
Does this mean that James will put on his coding stream?

I'm surprised that he offered and then walked away. Oh, wait, I guess that's par for the course.

EJoe

Educated

As an artist, that's just shameful... no 3d models, no concept art made.

It would be nice if there was a book 'Art of Greed Monger' where the artists would take their best works and put it to a book. Sadly, there is nothing.

Who-ever is the producer did not think about it...

I look at that site, I see... thanks for all the money, suckers!

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Does anyone have the images for that dopey looking guy in the Greed Monger images ?
The one with the fancy hat and medallion?

I want to immortalize this guy as the Greed Monger mascot of failure!

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/projects/...ormat&q=92&s=254ab12e805471ba281c1bc30bcf701d
I feel so sorry for whoever made that guy- He actually is really well done but will forever be tainted.

EJoe "The Art of greed Monger" comment was golden. Thats some good stuff man. Someone needs to kickstart the idea.

EJoe

Educated
"The Art of greed Monger" comment was golden. Thats some good stuff man. Someone needs to kickstart the idea.

Several of my friends are in Art of - and art of - books. I have high regard and high respect for them.

Many kickstarters have an art of (game) book. Did you not check?

I have a habit of not counting my name on game credits list until the game is finished.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
"The Art of greed Monger" comment was golden. Thats some good stuff man. Someone needs to kickstart the idea.

Several of my friends are in Art of - and art of - books. I have high regard and high respect for them.

Many kickstarters have an art of (game) book. Did you not check?

I have a habit of not counting my name on game credits list until the game is finished.
Yeah, I know there are "Art of..." Books and I actually have a few really nice ones (especially one from TSR ) .

EJoe

Educated
The art production costs for Art of - , book is really expensive.

It's done during production time. When the concept artists makes the art, they make a whole ton of art that don't make it to final game.

This is usually done for big-time production. 50k would by around ~ 80 pages of a book.

If this was a proper game, it would be split 50:50 between art and coding.

EJoe

Educated
> they make a whole ton of art that don't make it to final game.

Those artwork goes into the art of - game book. Very beautiful, if the game is big budget.

EJoe

Educated
Someone needs to kickstart the idea.

The only good art I saw was that Billy thing that's on Jason's website.

That's at the low end and shitty. Jason must have ripped off the artist since the later Billy artwork looks unpolished.

EJoe

Educated
Ask the Lumpy guy... Joel...

There's no money. Not even $10 to spend to deliver T-Shirts...

Azrile

Literate

As an artist, that's just shameful... no 3d models, no concept art made.

It would be nice if there was a book 'Art of Greed Monger' where the artists would take their best works and put it to a book. Sadly, there is nothing.

Who-ever is the producer did not think about it...

I look at that site, I see... thanks for all the money, suckers!

You are totally confused. There was no real ´art´ done by Greedmonger, the only thing they were doing was buying stuff from the Unity Asset store. Even the stuff they showcased on their website like the dragon in the field, the ´fat rich man´ the blue tatooed elf girl, the priest and the pigman were all just stuff being sold on the asset store for $25 each.

it is the same as the coding that Proctor said he did.. none of it was actually him, they just bought stuff, mainly a $90 kit on the Unity Asset store name Atavism and installed it.

Everything you have ever seen of Greedmonger, be it art or programming was stuff from Unity Asset store.

That is why I am calling Proctor the scammer, and not Appleton. Appleton gave all of those assets, probably $20,000 worth to Proctor a few months ago to finish Greedmonger. Joel Lumpyman and Proctor wrote all these posts about how dedicate they were.. then a month later Proctor tries to pitch an zombie game, now he is playing games and they closed down Greedmonger website.. oh, and Proctor still has those $20,000 in Unity bought assets.. He benefited from this scam far more than Appleton did.

Azrile

Literate
Ask the Lumpy guy... Joel...

There's no money. Not even $10 to spend to deliver T-Shirts...

This is my favorite part. Joel Lumpyman was posting on MMO-Champion about being this big businessman and that he could ´self fund GreedMonger´ if he had to.. then they did that video, and he is just some loser living with his mother without a job ( hmm, He and Proctor are probably soulmates)... and that buying plastic bags and mailing out a couple dozen t-shirts is a huge financial burden to him. You should read some of his posts on MMO-champ before that video.. my god, he made it sound like he was a wall street executive and had this huge background in marketing and branding..

EJoe

Educated
That is why I am calling Proctor the scammer, and not Appleton. Appleton gave all of those assets, probably $20,000 worth to Proctor a few months ago to finish Greedmonger. Joel Lumpyman and Proctor wrote all these posts about how dedicate they were.. then a month later Proctor tries to pitch an zombie game, now he is playing games and they closed down Greedmonger website.. oh, and Proctor still has those $20,000 in Unity bought assets.. He benefited from this scam far more than Appleton did.

Probably true...

Jason did not know any wiser...
There were 1 or 2 well-known scam-artists on his team (excluding James).

The sheer amount of fabrications James makes...

Modeller... none, probably got fired.
Concept artist... none, probably got fired.
Developers working with Proctor... none, probably got fired.

Programming work (based on available information):
- MMO Framework... bare bones. Almost considered as little or no work.
- Login screen... bare-bones.
- UI coding... bare-bones on-top of Atavism.
- Housing module... bare-bones, on-top of Atavism.
- artwork - none. Programmer art, OnGUI usage.
- 10+ frameworks.... all not done.

I'm having a field day taking customers from James, the developers and artists who worked for Greedmonger.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Can anybody summarize the last month or so that I haven't read this.
Some people with obviously stupid and impossible numbers ran out of numbers. Some people think that they may have realized they were obviously stupidly unrealistic earlier than they said and may possibly be insane or a scam artist or an insane scam artist.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder why they didn't just do that to begin with. Now they got everybody pissed at them instead of the original fucktard.

People were saying this at the start of this thread too I think.

Angthoron

Arcane
I wonder why they didn't just do that to begin with. Now they got everybody pissed at them instead of the original fucktard.
They are?

I think everyone was too "meh" and "d'aw, poor guys, they tried" to be mad. So, they sort of acted like a lightning rod to whatshisface, and basically took a minimal amount of beating from the backer crowd.

They could've at least sent those shirts, though, or at least said the shirts do not exist or got water-damaged or rats shat on them or something, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom