Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mooncrest, an INCLUSIVE new action RPG from ex-Bioware devs - Cancelled

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
There's already some of me in the picture thread. Now stop derailing this one!

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
And I'd really like to see the typical audience for this kind of game as this Moon-Crud is gonna be try their hand at actual Dark Souls combat. I bet they'd get crushed by the Asylum demon and then proceed to cry in a corner about how unfair the world is.

Dark Souls inspired combat = little slower than usual with ex-aggregated enemy attack animations you have to dodge.

Andhaira

Arcane
Strange there is no mention of Paladin abilities, like spells, lay on hands, etc.

Also, lezbian romance lol

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Not a really convincing pitch, even if you ignore the forced "inclusive" stuff.

• Mooncrest sounds like a JRPG name.
  • The streetwise chick looks creepy.
  • "Story of Sisterhood" – I wonder who much "Sistahood" will be in there
  • It is interesting that they ramble about their Bioware credentials and 5 AAA games, but then say things like: "Instead of playing with an array of shallow companions" – so what now?
  • A paladin and a rogue who challenges the strict believes of the former, now that's a really fresh idea no one ever had
  • Instead of good and evil / dark and light side when now have "Discipline and Compassion" meters, which could be interesting because it's "grey side and gray side", but I doubt that they will make something out of it
  • Also for a small tea's first effort, they sound really ambitious. Dark Soul's combat (balanced for two characters), interesting adventure like puzzles, character driven story with "cinematic conversations"
It will be interesting to see if a Kickstarter pitch based on "Dark Souls combat with BW characters and story" will be successful.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I kinda despise female protagonists
:rpgcodex:

IMO there should be more RPGs with predefined female protagonists so there can be parity with the likes of Torment, Deus Ex, Gothic, and Witcher. Howeverrrrrrrrrr, not trash like Venetica, Blackguards 2, and this thing.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Nobody asks me, but I'll answer anyway.
In games I can't remember anyone. ))
If not protagonists (which I understand as "main character"), then it is definitely Annah-of-the-shadows and Fall-From-Grace, and... nothing more.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Though one wonders why they had to leave Bioware to pitch a game that is basically the distilled essence of what Bioware does.
Because they will pocket all the money from sales instead of a measly paycheck.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol:

Barely seen and less heard :greatjob:

She has as much character as The Freeman. Rebellious and clever, possibly brain damaged (jumped when told to speak, has weird attachment to a cube with a heart on it).

Maschtervoz

Learned
I swear "souls-like" is well on its way towards dethroning "online sandbox crafting survival" as the most obnoxious fad every uninspired hack tries his hand at in hopes of making a quick buck.

At least the details about the story are comedy gold. Not even expecting anything in this department from Bioware rejects of all people, but generic pure idealist paired up with edgy outcast, most probably ending up in an inclusive lesbian romance, presented as a cinematic experience with insufferable "snarky" dialogue? This shit is sonic fancomic tier of :retarded:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Come ooooon, Venetica was awfu- err.. aweSOME!
Second only to Demonicon, the best one there is. Or as I like to call it, Super Incest Quest.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
This reads like someone's RPG Maker project.

Also, "so the day has finally come, (name). It's time for you to start your (whatever) trials" has got to be the most boring way to start an RPG.

Why.jpeg

Learned
This reads like someone's RPG Maker project.

Also, "so the day has finally come, (name). It's time for you to start your (whatever) trials" has got to be the most boring way to start an RPG.
To be fair it does slightly edge out starting out the story with a gathering in the local inn.

Last edited:

Telengard

Arcane
  • Mooncrest sounds like a JRPG name.
  • The streetwise chick looks creepy.
  • "Story of Sisterhood" lesbianism
  • It is interesting that they ramble about their Bioware credentials and 5 AAA games, but then say things like: "Instead of playing with an array of shallow companions" – so what now?
  • A paladin and a rogue who challenges the strict believes of the former, now that's a really fresh idea no one ever had
  • Instead of good and evil / dark and light side when now have "Discipline and Compassion" meters, which could be interesting because it's "grey side and gray side", but I doubt that they will make something out of it
Bdsm anyone?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hard to imagine a game that serves me less, but best of luck to them. Maybe some Bioware fans can be persuaded to try a Souls-like.

I, no, We demand nude pics from any Codex claimed to be female!!!

Pics or GTFO.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom