Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Doktor Best

Arcane
The dude may even have a point, but talking about turn based combat and then saying xcom did it right removes any kind of credibility he might have had

When it comes to tactical depth, nu xcom is leagues beyond fallout classic. Its no Jagged Alliance 2, but its still a good combat system.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
One is a strategy game the other is an RPG where you control one character. The only thing they have in common is turn based combat. Of course it's fucking deeper but considering what year each game came out....nu xcom as a strategy game is terrible.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Everyone in this thread will play FO4. Guaranteed.
Everyone in this thread will play it. Especially the tryhard newfags.
Scared we didn't hear you the first time?
Terrified. Anyway, it bears repeating when the last several pages are newfags posing for Kodex Kewl Kredz.

The only one I see trying hard is the one squawking like a fucking parrot.
Trying too hard, bro.

Thankfully the Bethestard tag tells me everything I need to know about your opinion.

The dude may even have a point, but talking about turn based combat and then saying xcom did it right removes any kind of credibility he might have had

When it comes to tactical depth, nu xcom is leagues beyond fallout classic. Its no Jagged Alliance 2, but its still a good combat system.

Fallout Classic's option for Turn-Based combat was inspired in the ORIGINAL X-Com.
Seems to me that the path for Fallout was to enhance the combat in the future. Wasteland 2 was pretty much born because people wanted (and still want) something that is pretty much Fallout + Jagged Alliance.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are they so unoriginal they cannot even rename the Dog? What the fug
Dogmeat became a buzzword a long time ago.
rip.gif.12154c71a99fbd411c398a3b8fb464d0.gif

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Even tho I'm excited for this game, it annoys me to no fucking end they cannot come up with another name for the dog. Not every fucking thing is dogmeat. ALL DOGS ARE DOGMEAT NOW AND FOREVER. Please go eat a 20 pound garbage bag full of dicks. Fuck. Could we please stem thew tide of lore rape? Just a little bit? Just come up with a clever fucking name for a dog. It doesn't actually require being clever. Just use google and search for "clever dog names." DONE. Then pat each other on the back for "coming up" with that new dog name, put out a press release about it, and continue to chow down on you garbage bag of cocks motherfuckers

Mech

Cipher
It matters in the larger scope of games design in general. The more people that play shit, the more money and effort is poured into making shit. Eventually you have to realize that nothing exists in a vacuum.
Except many people would (and do) disagree with your definition of what is shit, and you can't possibly be stupid enough to think you have a hope in hell of fighting back the tide by having an "enlightened" opinion, so not sure what you are attempting to achieve.

Sjukob

Arcane
My standard has been, and always will be, if a game is fun then it is good.
I don't want to rant about what is fun and what is not because it is pointless . What I want to say is that games are not only about delivering fun to players , but also cash to publisher's developer's pockets . And since it's their job to create games and it is naturally for humans to look for ways to make their life easier , they (developers) would make attempts and look for public reaction . If the public accepts it ( simplification ) , in our case , public did not just accept it , but praised developers for making their work easier , developers would continue to follow this path . While people continue to support such developers , it will only get worse and note that simply buying their game , you are providing the best support possible . I didn't see anyone here who doubts that fallout is being simplified , so I assume people understand what I am talking about . Some people might ask: "Is it bad that games are becoming easier and more people are able to play them ?" , well , the problem is here , that such path is a straight up degradation , I can make a reference to other things to show why simplification is bad .

Let's say that you like to visit one of the restaurants , you like the interior design , you like the food they are cooking and you like the ingredients they are using , but something happens and suddenly , they start to use cheaper ingredients and food is not as good as it used to be , it is dissapointing , but you still love the restaurant . On your next visit you notice that the nice design was changed for something more simple , so visitors can have better view on newly placed adverts , it might irritate you , but you are still here for the food , right ? And finaly they replace their recipes with something that is easier and faster to cook , so you no longer can have you favourite dishes , I guess you will be quite angry about all that , may be angry enough to find the owner and tell him all that you think about him , may be you will learn that the restaurant was sold to another company which was responsible for changes , that doesn't matter , what matters is that there is no your favourite restaurant anymore , but this is not the end ... Can you believe that the new place attracts more visitors , brings the owner more cash , it became more famous and people like it ? And when you try to speak with one of those regular customers who visists the place ever so often , you try to tell them that the "restaurant" is no longer what it used to be and people are only getting a miserable piece of it's old excellence , they don't understand you , they say something like: "I don't know man , for me the good place to eat is where I can get something to eat ."

In the end , this is the more complicated way to say this:
It matters in the larger scope of games design in general. The more people that play shit, the more money and effort is poured into making shit. Eventually you have to realize that nothing exists in a vacuum.

What I want to add that the auditory on sites like this , mainly consists of those old customers who are unhappy with the restaurant changes , why should I tell you about this ? You've been here for much longer time , yet I find strange that someone like you can post such messages .

Games are products and as a product they are not meant to used by everyone , this is what today's game do seriously wrong , delivering simplistic "fun" not focusing on specific auditory . And this message wasn't meant for one person only , may be other people will find something here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom