Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Tigranes

Arcane
AC. The first rule of being an overlord: teach people not to fuck with you.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

FEELZ:
A - 11
B - 10
C - 3

REALZ:
A - 3
B - 0
C - 18
D - 2

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
yeah, I know, but let's just say that if we were a skeleton, we wouldn't have the, uh, "equipment" to take advantage of such a scenario...

What a horrible dilemma for treave to put you in. The only conceivable means by which you could put Mieren's head in a jar would involve having your dick fall off and your character losing his libido. I would be willing to flop for this vote only if it means that we aren't going to be some self-righteous faggot who gets butthurt about not receiving due process (like we give a fuck about giving due process to Kyle Theseus) after betraying mankind for a pair of magnificent demon titties.

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't know where the other ANGER voters want to take this, but you know my stance: yes, we did them wrong, but they've done us wrong too. And while we aren't in the right here (truthfully, no one except Mieren is), we still have plenty of shit to get pissed about.
You, on the other hand, would die here. Your name would be reviled as that of a traitor. Your family would pay the price for your betrayal. Perhaps your father would be put to death. Perhaps your sister would be tortured before meeting her end. At best, they would be ostracized, exiled from their homes. You are under no illusions that the people would not seek some form of retribution against the one who betrayed their hopes.

Yet they were the ones who dragged you from your comfortable bed, the ones who saw through your feigned madness, the ones who elected you Hero against your wishes.

The ground falls, somehow falling upwards into the sky, and you sink into darkness.
It doesn't take being a myopic douche to be angry at having this thrust upon us. After all, who are these goddesses to have forced us into this, what right did they have to slap that nuke on us, what right did our former friends have to kill Mieren? The way I want to take A is not about being reasonable, it's about getting pissed at people who thought they could push us around because they're higher (or thought they were) than us.
Guess what, fuckers, the tables have been turned the other way.

ScubaV

Prophet
Flopping from BC to BC, cuz fuck that angsty teenage shit. The Overlord's got better shit to do like fuck bitches and acquire minions.

Esquilax

Arcane
Flopping from BC to BC, cuz fuck that angsty teenage shit. The Overlord's got better shit to do like fuck bitches and acquire minions.

You flopped from one choice into the exact same choice. That never occurred to me before. I think you have ushered in a new revolution in how we flop.

Fuck it, I'm flopping from BC to BC too.

m4davis

Scholar
BC If we see him we kill him if not I don't think he's worth the resources to hunt down simple as that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You flopped from one choice into the exact same choice. That never occurred to me before. I think you have ushered in a new revolution in how we flop.

Fuck it, I'm flopping from BC to BC too.
Well, I'm flopping from AC to AC!

edit:
you know, now that I think about it, I'm flopping from AC to AC.

edit2: Just reread the update. Flopping to AC. Bros, it's the only way.

Esquilax

Arcane
No, but for real, I will now officially flop to AC.

Given that our character never cared about being a hero, and was manipulated by the goddesses of fate all along for a purpose that was unknown to him so that he could be their pawn, of course he'd be pissed off. That being said, I will fight anybody who wants to go for revenge on Kyle Theseus just because we didn't get a trial. Gimme a fucking break, that is soft. There's no doubt that Kyle Theseus and Althus should die for being mindless slaves of the goddesses, but let's focus the brunt of our anger on where it truly belongs.

In a nutshell:

:neveraskedforthis:

Kipeci

Arcane
Oh, come on. Are any of you really going to be assed to move out of our bitching fortress and rise to power to smoke these assholes?

If we're going to go to the capital to get revenge over that chick we might as well do it now and get it over with with AD while everyone's in a chaos rather than leaving over this dumb matter when we're just settling into our stride later on. I'd kill them if we came across them, or not if they have something to offer us in life, but I can't be bothered to pursue one batch of meanies over others when we have living chicks to peek on right near to us and I don't see a need to give up later flexibility by making this a definite goal. Someone reverse this decline! Revenge is too much effort to actively seek out.

Esquilax

Arcane
Oh, come on. Are any of you really going to be assed to move out of our bitching fortress and rise to power to smoke these assholes?

If we're going to go to the capital to get revenge over that chick we might as well do it now and get it over with with AD while everyone's in a chaos rather than leaving over this dumb matter when we're just settling into our stride later on. I'd kill them if we came across them, or not if they have something to offer us in life, but I can't be bothered to pursue one batch of meanies over others when we have living chicks to peek on right near to us and I don't see a need to give up later flexibility by making this a definite goal. Someone reverse this decline! Revenge is too much effort to actively seek out.

How do you know everyone's in chaos? The forces of Good have just won the war, don't see why things would be in disarray right now after the goddesses just got exactly what they wanted out of this little scheme of theirs. I don't take our companions' betrayal personally - we did betray them too, after all - but they willingly serve a force that used us as a pawn for a destiny that we never really wanted in the first place. Our guy never wanted to be a hero, he was forced into it to serve some inscrutable goal.

Since Kyle and Althus seem to serve that same power, they gotta go.

What I took from the update here is that it's a general attitude choice for now:

A. Anger. You will not take their betrayal lying down. You will find your way back to the Seven Kingdoms, and the traitors will pay, one way or another.

B. Indifference. If you should cross their path again, then you will decide what to do with them. Before that happens, you will not waste any time thinking about those traitors.

That being said, I think you're right that A would involve a much more pro-active approach to this situation. Unlike B, where we'd be more content to just chill and do other things, A would involve actively seeking them out. At some point, we will find these assholes. But right now, we have some perving to do.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In the end, the Codex can not choose to feel anything but butthurt.

Truly, some fates are unescapable. :M

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
The Seven Kingdoms are lame - we apparently have a whole multiverse to explore. Kill Theseus if he goes dimension hopping, but if we're going to devote ourselves to anything it ought to be locating our beloved Demon Tsun-Princess. Priorities.

BC

Again, the choice is about what we feel, not about what we are going to devote ourselves to.

A. Anger. You will not take their betrayal lying down. You will find your way back to the Seven Kingdoms, and the traitors will pay, one way or another.

B. Indifference. If you should cross their path again, then you will decide what to do with them. Before that happens, you will not waste any time thinking about those traitors.

C. Mercy. What they did, they must have done for a reason. After all, you did betray the Goddesses first. You let go of the grudge. An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

I mean, yeah, there is a promise of revenge, but that doesn't mean we have to do it now, or that we can't get distracted.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Again, the choice is about what we feel
treave, I would have to ask if that anger is what we feel towards 'trators', or what we feel about the situation in general. Or if we would be able to choose which way it goes at a later date. I know you said we would be able to clarify our reasons later, but will we be able to shift its target, too?

I think at least some of us want it not to be personal but rather a crusade against HEAVANZ, and I don't know if that is what is being offered here.
Kz3r0 AC
Elfberserker AC
Esquilax AC
Kipeci BC
Jester AA
ScubaV BC
Rex Feral AC
Baltika9 AD
Nevill BC
Azira CC
oscar BC
wjw BC
asxetos AC
Denim Demon CA
Grimgravy BA>AC
lightbane BC
archaen BC
profreshinal AD
Smashing Axe AC
Lambchop19 AC
Kayerts AC
Absinthe Ax
Tigranes AC
m4davis BC
Random Word BC
qwerty123456 AC

A - 14
B - 10
C - 2

A - 3
C - 20
D - 2

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
The real tragedy here is that we're back to a tie. Any regulars or 1C voters wanna help us out?

m4davis

Scholar
Think Random Word and my vote brought us back to a tie admittedly haven't counted.

I think at least some of us want it not to be personal but rather a crusade against HEAVANZ, and I don't know if that is what is being offered here.
I'll go on record as saying that I'd rather not crusade against HEAVANZ to get our revenge. I do favor a crusade, but only to acquire women. Also, any pursuit of revenge against Theseus is secondary to this goal.

Now if women happen to be in HEAVANZ and happen to claim to be goddesses, then PERHAPS I could be persuaded to vote that way in the future. Of course, that all depends on how this vote goes... *cough*

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, I would have to ask if that anger is what we feel towards 'trators', or what we feel about the situation in general. Or if we would be able to choose which way it goes at a later date. I know you said we would be able to clarify our reasons later, but will we be able to shift its target, too?

You mean if they give you a perfectly good and reasonable justification (to them) for their actions, you would like to stop revengeance?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
If a tie will delay things, I'm fine with 1A instead of my preference 1B

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom