Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

lightbane

Arcane
Also, about B, don't forget that the princess can transform her wings into armor. Perhaps she can teach us how to do that and then transform these into tentacles more.

Baltika9

Arcane
Hey Baltika9, any chance you'd flop to 3D? The way the votes are set up, it won't be a "Now that you have started Wuxian Qiankun, would you like to vote for it five more times?" option but a "if it wins, we're committed, no more votes on that front till it's done" deal.
Maybe later. There's more important stuff to do at the moment, so I don't want to commit to something this big just yet. Definitely want to pursue this in the long run, though, to boost the intelligence of our minions.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh Christ, Nevill was right, we're going to pick a hero who is butthurt at EVERYTHING. Lame. I'm mostly pissed at the Goddesses and Mieren's death, everything else with our companions is simply the cost of our own betrayal. I didn't vote for the RAGE option so that we could be a butthurt faggot at everyone and everything, especially since we betrayed people too.

Especially after Lambchop trolled himself out of a weighted system that would have allowed for a more balanced distribution. A lot of us have secondary and tertiary concerns, but having only a single vote ensures that they will not surface over primary grievances unless artificially made to.

:lol: How I'm envisioning this works right now is like this:

A - 5
B - 0
C - 0
D - 0
E - 10
F - 0
G - 2
H - 2

Mieren's death is a major trigger, in the sense that you might not hate the people that caused it, but if they taunt you with it, you're going to spank them hard.

Next up is the Goddesses; you're unhappy with them at the moment, and the religion itself is definitely on your shitlist.

And there's also a general, vague sense of anger at everything in the background, but it's not very noticeable. More of an irritation.

There is also an equal amount of dissatisfaction directed at yourself, a small irritation that you didn't do better.

If I take into account all the flops from options that aren't winning, it becomes:

A - 2
B - 0
C - 1
D - 1
E - 13
F - 0
G - 1
H - 1

Mieren's death remains at the top, it's still a major trigger.

Then, you are rather butthurt about the Goddesses. But not very angry about it.

And you're also a bit irritated over the Seven Kingdoms, Kyle et al.'s betrayal, yourself, and just everything in general.

I'm okay with tweaks, changes, or reinterpretations of this particular vote so that you guys can mold the Angry Angel you want. :M

I am no linguistic, but does this means that learning the goblin language makes learning demon language easier?

It would. In fact, it's probably easier to learn 'Modern Demon' even if you don't know the goblin language since through the years, their language has also been influenced by contact with your people.

Plus since Rin has a more academic understanding of it we should also be able to understand stuff written with it, while the auto-translate ones sounds like it's just a speech thing.

The spell could be improved to cover writing, but to start off with it'll only handle speech. As a machine translator, it might also be unable to capture nuances in language which a direct translation cannot achieve, and which you'd be better equipped to understand through actual study. But you might not want to put in that much effort just for one language, of course.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
“As for what happened to you... Father never shared the full details of his work with me, but I can hazard a guess at what did happen. He was looking for a way to turn humans back into their original form.” She does not seem overly surprised, but a troubled expression creases her elegant brow.

“By original form, you mean…”

“Demons, of course. The superior life form. You humans are just degraded devolutions of our stock,” she says arrogantly.

Right, insults. You don’t feel up to arguing with her at the moment, and you let it pass. “I don’t feel human.” You flap your lone wing to emphasize the point. “But I am not a demon either, am I?”

“That is… strange,” she admits. “Perhaps there was something else to his research that I did not know, or did not understand. Or more likely, the essence of your lower-class filth was too strong for my father’s experiment to overcome.” The demon princess looks up at the arched ceiling of the hall. “Regardless, you took my father’s heart. It was the culmination of his work. It is hislegacy, and as his daughter, it belongs to me.”
Anyone else call bullshit on this? treave, why does she think this way? Is there any proof humans were once demons?
“Erdrick… as in Erdrick, the first so-called hero that defeated Dark Lord Vaal the First? That Erdrick?"
Actually, what is the history between the human and demon realms, it sounds like there's a lot of it.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I suspect that perhaps he got it wrong and the demons in this setting were once humans.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm okay with tweaks, changes, or reinterpretations of this particular vote so that you guys can mold the Angry Angel you want. :M
The first system was pretty much perfect. Under the new one the very Lambchop we know and love is voting for a general sense of butthurt instead of tearing out Kyle's heart. You know something is wrong when that happens. :lol:

And I think that a few people voting for A chose it to have at least something else to be angry about than just Mieren's death rather than it being the actual 'main trigger' for them.

But it kind of sort of works. Those two reasons are still the ones that were more likely to be picked. :M

Speaking about Mieren's death...
Nobody actually told them to kill us or Meirin though.
Nobody told them to kill Mierin, but we were fair game once it was obvious we tried to betray.
Only, because we need to make justice for mieran....And they took us from our cozy academy to fight demons.
'I am feeling a strong sense of anger at them killing Mir... Meir... the berserk girl with nice tits!!!' :lol:

I suspect that perhaps he got it wrong and the demons in this setting were once humans.
That may well be, especially considering how there is no history of demonkind past a certain point.

Still does not explaing our transformation into an angel... or a possibility of us turning into a dragon/slime. Just what was he researching?

Perhaps all these creatures are some sort of deviation from humans. That or we all share some other common genetic ancestor and we have all these introns in our DNA like that one episode of Star Trek where Picard almost transformed into a chimpanzee and Barclay got transformed into a spider.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Anyone else call bullshit on this? treave, why does she think this way? Is there any proof humans were once demons?

According to your people, humans were created by the Goddesses. No mention of demons in the creation myth, but priests claim they are evil creatures who have renounced the Goddesses.

Actually, what is the history between the human and demon realms, it sounds like there's a lot of it.

Bad blood. :M

That may well be, especially considering how there is no history of demonkind past a certain point.

There is no history that Rin knows of before Vaalgrahf, but according to goblin lore, it seems that Vaalgrahf was a Demon God over here before getting banished to your place, so it is certain that there is more history about demonkind than previously thought.

Nevill

Arcane
Mieren's death is a major trigger, in the sense that you might not hate the people that caused it, but if they taunt you with it, you're going to spank them hard.
Also, I am not sure how that works.

If someone kills a person I care about enough to feel angry about their death, I would certainly hate the people who caused it. What else can I direct my anger at?

The way I see it the difference between D and E is being angry with the Theseus and Co. on our behalf (traitors!), and on Mieren's (murderers!).

There is no history that Rin knows of before Vaalgrahf, but according to goblin lore it seems that Vaalgrahf was a Demon God over here before getting banished to your place, so it is certain that there is more history about demonkind than previously thought.
Wait, where is this place?

Also, are Vaalgarf and Vaal the First the same people? I would assume so.

Last edited:

According to your people, humans were created by the Goddesses. No mention of demons in the creation myth, but priests claim they are evil creatures who have renounced the Goddesses.
If they are in fact godesses and did in fact create humans. "Myth" would be the keyword there.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, I am not sure how that works.

If someone kills a person I care about enough to feel angry about their death, I would certainly hate the people who caused it. What else can I direct my anger at?

The way I see the difference between D and E is being angry with the Theseus and Co. on our behalf (traitors!), and on Mieren's (murderers!).

That's a good way of looking at it. Since the votes are so overwhelming for E, however, her death itself is now a trigger for anger even against people that didn't directly cause it. It doesn't necessarily mean you hate them for killing her.

I suppose we can discuss this until there's a consensus about how the votes translate into our character's feelz.

Wait, where is this place?

Should have cast that teleport, you'd have an inkling of how far you are from home that way. :M

Also, are Vaalgarf and Vaal the First the same people? I would assume so.

No, Vaal the First is the son.

Nevill

Arcane
her death itself is now a trigger for anger even against people that didn't directly cause it.
How does that work, though?

Why would we be angry at a random fisherman #23 who didn't directly cause it? What's our beef with him?

And what exactly are our feelz towards Mieren's murderers in your opinion?

That's a good way of looking at it. Since the votes are so overwhelming for E, however, her death itself is now a trigger for anger even against people that didn't directly cause it. It doesn't necessarily mean you hate them for killing her.
Well, that makes no sense.

"hey, Kyle how are you?"
"Oh, fine, fine. Wanna join our party again?"
"Sure."
"Great. It will be just like before."
"Ok."

Later...
"Hey, Rin!"
"I want to know why you are ok with Kyle even though he killed your fr--"
"DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT HER!!!"

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
“Oh, no.” With a cheeky grin, the red-haired martial artist spins away, her taut posterior wiggling slightly as if to taunt you. “I’m reserving my strength for a more important battle.” Damn. Ah well, baby steps, you suppose. You are just making an investment for the future.

'I am feeling a strong sense of anger at them killing Mir... Meir... the berserk girl with nice tits!!!' :lol:

She had a nice ass, not tits. We have to at least get the important parts correct.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Why would we be angry at a random fisherman #23 who didn't directly cause it? What's our beef with him?

I was more thinking random sub-villain #21 who taunts you about your companions' death.

Well, that makes no sense.

"hey, Kyle how are you?"
"Oh, fine, fine. Wanna join our party again?"
"Sure."
"Great. It will be just like before."
"Ok."

Later...
"Hey, Rin!"
"I want to know why you are ok with Kyle even though he killed your fr--"
"DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT HER!!!"

Nah, that's nonsensical, since his face can be enough to remind you of her death. Doesn't have to mean you hate him personally, you'll get equally triggered by his identical twin who has nothing to do with it.

So what do you guys actually want though? I'm seeing a lot of questions but not many suggestions. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, when I voted for the angry angel, I just wanted our dude to get pissed and to explore the dark side of the 'outraged freedom fighter' we usually play. Thing is, he is enough of a realist to realize that, yeah, he kinda had it coming for stabbing his buddies in the back. And as far as he knows, the nuke could have really been the judgement of the Goddesses for his betrayal.

Mieren didn't have it coming, though. They really had no reason for killing the girl, she wanted to do the right thing and got cut down for that, by the supposed 'champions of justice' or whatever. And I suppose we ought to be angry at ourselves for causing her death, even if unintentionally.

I suppose Kyle and the rest come third. But besides those three groups, I don't see why our anger should extend to anyone else. I can see our guy growing into an angel of retribution, a self-righteous twat, Ean's darker twin or something else entirely in due time (you said the LP would span decades, if not centuries), but not just now.
I can't see him wangsting about anything at this point, but I can see him being pissed.
Sort of like this:
Yeah, we're far from being the paragon of righteousness, but what the fuck did Mieren, a genuinely good person, ever do to them? Out of our whole party, she deserved to die the lest, so WHY!?

That being said, flopping to E>G>D

treave Well, I did actually think about a suggestion. Basically, we get to vote on all of these issues and pick as many as we want and you rank them in order of pissed-off-ness.

We also vote on how pissed we are about this on a scale of 1-10. The number 1 vote goes to the top of the resulting scale.

For example:

A 10/10 for how angry we are.

14 votes for the godeses make them #1 Utter hatred we must kill them at all costs.
9 Votes for theseus - #2 Murerous rage - he will die, but we won't go all out and lose our shit to do it.
6 Votes for what's her name Merien - We are mad about this? Again doesn't make sense that she is part of this as we are picking things to be angry at. There should be a seperate vote to determine whether or not we are mad about her death and who we blame will be determined by this vote.
3 Votes for whatever - #3 Quite pissed, we'll do what we can about this in due time.

The 10/10 scale should cap the anger though, so if 7/10 wins, then #1 should be limited to "quite pissed, we'll do what we can about this in time.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You guys should just vote for H, you know, to balance our rage. Make it nice and even. So we don't get triggered like some PTSD tumblrite whenever someone mentions Mieren. We have reasons to be angry at all of the listed options anyway.

We'll be triggered all the time. "Angry Angel" indeed.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
We'll be triggered all the time. "Angry Angel" indeed.
IMPATIENTMARINES.jpg
Wings of Screaming Hate

Nevill

Arcane
So what do you guys actually want though? I'm seeing a lot of questions but not many suggestions. :M
Well, I agree with your general assertions of how to interpret the reasons behind our anger, I just don't see your implementation.

Doesn't have to mean you hate him personally, you'll get equally triggered by his identical twin who has nothing to do with it.
I can't see how our anger would be directed at Kyle's identical brother if we know he is Kyle's brother and not Kyle. And if we don't know, isn't that a testament to the fact that our feelings are directed at Kyle and friends?

I see the T-word mentioned often, but even if we get agitated, it doesn't mean we are going to lash out against the trigger indiscriminately which is what Lambchop was hinting at with his little scene (unless we choose to play an emo who can't control his feelz, then it is totally fine).

I see Mieren's death as a powerful motivation, but it had certain culprits. Our anger has a direction.

However, I don't see anger as a Lambchompian scale of how FFFFFFUUUUUU~ we feel and that we have to MURDER DEATH KILL everyone involved, but as a drive to do something about the state of events that irks us. Our anger can manifest in many ways, but - since we chose not to be forgiving - its most likely application would be to make the culprits regret their actions. Murderous hatred can be one solution, if a bit simple. The other would be a cunning plan of taking their loved ones / their reasons for living away from them and making them feel utterly miserable, a la the Count of Monte Cristo, out of a twisted sense of justice. The thing is, this deed has to be punished, one way or the other. Only this can quench the anger.

I suppose one can also resolve this by resurrecting Mieren, too, even if they had to slaughter the whole priesthood for it. That would be a way of addressing the issue without involving Theseus and Co.

Similarly, the anger at the fate of mankind can be quenched by tearing it away from the goddesses' grasp, or by becoming a Satan wannabe to give them alternative to the fate and making them choose, thus creating the concept of free will, or by eradicating humanity because FREEDOM! in death is still better than slavery. As long as we do something about the situation that makes us feel better.

That's how I see the Angrel, anyway. He has an awl embedded in his chair, and until he does something to improve his condition (or changes, I suppose that is an option, too, given the ending of the Dumas' novel), he is going to feel uneasy and uncomfortable.

Do I make sense?

Last edited:

Or maybe it'd be simpler to just establish that we are pissed off and let us choose whether or not to react/place blame later - should we meet them or whenever the subject comes up.

I just don't really like when we can accidentally choose to lock our character into feeling a certain way that limits or dictated our future actions. That's why I suggested an anger scale - because I don't want something like Nevill outlined where we are forced to kill or try to kill based on how we supposedly feel and I want to at least control it to a degree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom