Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The only other threat to the maurauders is the human kingdom that claims these lands and it's going to be obvious that they weren't dispatched by another kngdom as it would give away the false flag operation.
Except in case when the other kingdom dispatched them and swept it under the rug for whatever reason.

The point is, anything could have happened to them. They could have run into Methussians, or the real Galbaldians who were carrying a false flag operation of their own, or they could have found that artefact and pressed the wrong button. No trace is no trace, they can only speculate.

I am not famliar how messengers works in medieval times, but i assume that he is already on his way back to nearest base to tell that messege was delivered.
Perhaps. What does it change? They have passed the message - and then nothing. Complete radio silence. What conclusions can they come to?

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
That they went to investigate ruins and then radio silence?

Besides i am not byuing that the intruders bosses think that methuss kingdom would stay silent , if they found out about foreign troopers in their land. Running into actual galbadian troopers would certainly be very, very unlucky.

i am pretty sure they will be suspicious what happened, if there won't be a war declaration.

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
If anything 3A seems more likely to give away our presence. We successfully killed the entire group of 30-35, but I doubt it will be so easy to keep 70+ in addition to villagers from escaping and spreading tales. Their bosses already know that a group was sent to the ruins thanks to the messenger. Regardless of whether the larger force is killed or not, they will be suspicious and want to investigate further at some point. But the question is between them having absolutely no clue what happened or rumors/reports of a Carna angel and black-armored figure destroying their main raiding force.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, we killed those 35 with no effort whatsoever and without even using our trump card, we even had to restrain Rin to avoid killing them too quickly. Gigadyne would make short work of 70 as well.

If villagers are a concern, we might wait fot the raiders to sack the village and commence the attack afterwards, or intercept them before that, with no witnesses.

Something big is happening, and I don't like being kept away from it, as it most likely will involve us as well.

If you want ruin exploration, I don't see 3B mentioning going out of the village (it mentions staying put for a week instead), so I can't see the connection. We will be done with our business in a week in 3A, too.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Thing is, the main party may have much more powerful commanders and mages in their ranks. They definitely won't be easy pickings love these guys were.

Jester

Arbiter
i am pretty sure they will be suspicious what happened, if there won't be a war declaration.

Well there is issue of that super cool artefact, or something scryed by priestess. If I would have found such thing I would keep my mount shut until I know how to use it properly. Enemy forces in ruins? Nope, didn't see anything. Treaty to give back prisoners? Nope, no one to report back what they found.

There are reasons for all to keep information to themselves and if they destroy village they have reason to declare war without the reveal of ruin group. They didn't have to find out who really raided the place.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yeah btw that gauntlet... Usually in anime the scrolls attached to a gauntlet are to seal some curse or demonic influence within. If we get it, we should either ask about it or try it out on one of the goblins first.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah btw that gauntlet... Usually in anime the scrolls attached to a gauntlet are to seal some curse or demonic influence within. If we get it, we should either ask about it or try it out on one of the goblins first.

They're actually cursed martial arts scrolls. :M:M;)

Rex Feral

Prophet
A>C - I don't want no pistols in my fiction fantasy universe, and the gauntlet sounds like that from Risen

B>E - bros over hoes, but hoes over everything else

B - better not become batshit insane from stress

Nevill

Arcane
We really are becoming a Tumblrina. :negative:

We had a single workout in two weeks time and now have to go into therapy so that we don't go mad from all the stress. :lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Honestly I expected you guys to have more questions about the raiding force. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
You mean we didn't capture and murder their high-ranking officers to torture a few rumors or spells out of them? I'll let you know we graduated top of our class in Espionage and Interrogation!

Probably would have been a smart move to educate ourselves on the current political landscape if we are getting involved, but we aren't (or we think we aren't), so we might as well be asking them about anything since it all has been a giant waste of time. :M

Last edited:

LWC1996

Learned
CBA.

If we want to investigate the ruins why not just give the job to the goblins who are more numerous & hardworking & know the area better. I don't see how us doing it personally helps. Also, we might wanna consider that they mentioned raiding a few villages. The Methus side may have sent troops out in response already. But if we can save the village and get them to be in our debt they can help spin the story by exposing these as not being Galbaldy troops, which puts Barzam in trouble, which could distract them from the ruins stuff.

And can we please try to disguise ourselves if we go out this time? Looking like a hunchback is still better than having everyone attack us on sight.

Also, if we go, we can control the situation. If we don't, we can't. I think being in control is better.

Kipeci

Arcane
I like the mystery of the Gauntlet, so that's a C vote even if the martial scrolls are parroted away. We have a number of good magic spells and are devoting our energies to improving them in some ways, no need to dump a ton of weird foreign spells when we can get nebulous benefits elsewhere.

Next one is E because I want to figure out what in the world we are and further ideas of what to expect for our ALF to face.

Lastly, A. We goofed this time with the torture, but I'm sure that our friendly demoness will have steadier hands from practice if we just have more prisoners.

CEA

Baltika9

Arcane
Hey, it's all Rin's fault. Anyway, the gauntlet seems like the most interesting item. Its covered in purity seals for a reason.
C
F
A

As for the last choice, let's find out what's going on. Sides, we need to perv on Rin some.

Baltika9

Arcane
I know we're a lazy dude and all, but I would really hate it is we got into a situation where knowledge of the enemy is vital and we're beating ourselves up because we couldn't be bothered to invest effort now.
I don't know if this is we won't have a choice but to get involved here, but we'll be leaving ourselves deaf and blind if we stay in the ruins.
So I think it's definitely better to invest effort now, instead of regretting it later because our lazy ass is also a dumb ass.

lightbane

Arcane
Random question: Who would come with us to the village if we end up doing that? I assume Rin would do so, but perhaps it's a bad choice if we want to stay hidden. Also, I will switch my vote to 3A, just to be sure. I will edit my voting post later on.

Nevill

Arcane
Rin is all we need. She was instrumental in slaughtering the previous force.

Since these raiders don't really bully goblins, but other humans, there would be less incentive for her to jump out in spite of our instructions. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Huh, wasn't aware that the tie was broken. Maybe in another few hours then, feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

Tigranes

Arcane
Most important is 3x - I really hope 3A is taking it. As many people have clearly shown, the whole point of taking out this first group was to keep our identity entirely unknown. We jeopardise that by doing the worst thing possible: messing with half of them, then leaving half of them to scout. A day's march out from us, and they could easily find or even stumble on us.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Final tally:

A - 11
B - 2
C - 13

A - 1
B - 5
C - 5
D - 4
E - 7
F - 3
G - 0
H - 0

A - 15
B - 10

Huh, you guys actually took the gauntlet. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom