Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

Cenobyte

Prophet
Speaking of hypocrites and double standards... How does combat in D:OS compare to combat in Jagged Alliance 2? Is it at the VERY LEAST on par with JA2?

Those two games have almost nothing in common, so why do you want to compare them? Just because both of them are turn-based?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Please vote!
More Role-Playing Options

More role-playing options and skill / stat checks.
Chance to avoid combat with other skills (bribing, smooth-talking, etc.).
More dialog options in general.
More factions. More choices with consequences. Hard choices.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
0G9LAcA.gif
I’m hopeful though — there’s a small scene in D:OS 2, right at the beginning of the demo that we’ll be showing to press and players at Pax Prime. It’s a small detail, but every time I see it, my heart starts beating faster because of the enormous implications it has for the entire game. It was when I saw this that I felt sure about taking it to Kickstarter. I think other RPG players will recognize what it means for the game and their hearts will start beating faster also.

You get into a disagreement with your companion, and instead of playing rock paper scissors you button mash to win the argument!

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Combat (due to interactive environment) and coop was so good in div that shitty plot didn't matter (and wow artstyle even less). All they can do now - throw MCA in EE and the second game will be masterpiece.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder what that means..
So, what does everyone think the "heartbeat raising feature is" ? Gotta be something simulationist or maybe more than 2 players.
Yeah, I too am very curious about this alleged "heartbeat moment".

---------------

That art style looks like World of Warcraft to people? How weird; I don't see much of a resemblance.

It does look terrible though, super overwrought with 1,000 unnecessary spikes on everything. What the hell is that guy holding? Is that supposed to be an axe? I would love to see someone in functional armor fight him. Another piece torn off with every hit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a general post-2000 fantasy look, the one that replaced the 80s-90s "mundane fantasy" aesthetic of Larry Elmore et al.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a general post-2000 fantasy look, the one that replaced the 80s-90s "mundane fantasy" aesthetic of Larry Elmore et al.
Fair enough. :decline:

Transition well-represented
I enjoy that you are enough of a scholar of this phenomenon to have had that example at your fingertips within two minutes :)

So ugly :(

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Who in his right mind would prefer the EQ Next art style over the old one? They even managed to make the girls more sexualized but less sexy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Who in his right mind would prefer the EQ Next art style over the old one? They even managed to make the girls more sexualized but less sexy.
I like that they are more curvy and with better defined muscles, but yeah in general it's way shittier, specially the weapon and armour. Everything is huge, overdesigned and seems to be made of plastic. Just like DOS.

I enjoy that you are enough of a scholar of this phenomenon to have had that example at your fingertips within two minutes :)
Yeah, I was happy when they posted that pic, really worth a thousand words.

Zombra

Patron
It's horrible, but I can't look away. I may have to write out a list of everything wrong with the new one just to work it through my system. But it would take at least an hour. (And well over a thousand words.)

sser

Arcane
Developer
Really, this is pretty exciting. When you take into account how much they were cramming into DivOS just to get the baseline/foundations rocking, and yet they still produced a shitload of content + awesome combat, DivOS2 should be amazing. And I mean the literal definition of the word, not the one used in hipster shops to describe a cup of coffee.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice! :d1p:but improve the writing guise plis, regardless TB+great environmental interaction :yeah::thumbsup::dance:+ wow art style it will be a sure :slamdunk:

DramaticPopcorn

Meh... lost pretty much all interest in Kickstarter projects ever since the great year of delays of 2013-2014

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Problem with the EQ pics is that the first game looks nothing like that artwork. It's like comparing Gold Box box art to the in-game graphics in that new Sword Coast game. It's also like taking a still shot of EQ2 and marveling at how much better it looks than WoW. Then, you know, if one actually plays EQ2, they will realize the environments look boring, it runs poorly, and has horrid combat animations. What's funny is that I think all of those EQ games have the same art director.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom