Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
While I believe that the Gold Box catalog would cause a stress on the GOG servers, I'm fairly certain that it won't be a server crash unless they have the Eye of the Beholder series in there.

We all know how awesome the Gold Box games are, but EotB1 is the second-highest selling title SSI ever relased, second only to Panzer General.

If GOG releases BOTH the Gold Box and the Black Box (EotB series) games at once, then their servers are gonna melt.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some oldfag wishful thinking here, I think. No game or combination of games from the early 90s is going to cause GOG's servers to melt, unless it's Super Mario Bros 3 emulated or something like that. :P

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm just going off on the earlier responses in the thread.

It would be cool to watch though, wouldn't it...?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
^
It would be frustrating trying to log into the website and not being able to do so for hours or a day, but then it would put a smile on my face as realization hit me and I saw Released: SSI's Gold Box series on the top of GOG's front page. I would especially like it if that was followed with some fan pages for the FRUA modules. It would give some deserved credit to Ray Dyer and others.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The pricing on the Anno games seems a bit confusing.

1602 - 9,09€
1503 - 5,49€
1701 - 11,89€

:?

Rafal

Literate
I dont understand why people are so crazy about DRM free. And now GOG DRM Free kingdom have they own keys for some games..... Feeling Betrayed? lol
I just love Steam!

tormund

Arcane
JudasIscariot Have you heared about this amazing game? Please shed some light on it at the next GOG meeting, and acquire the rights. Kthxbai:

You would be better off contacting Night Dive. They already released bunch of obscure old shooters
http://store.steampowered.com/app/328460/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/351820/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329640
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329650/

I'm under impression that there isn't nearly as much interest for older FPS games as there is for vintage RPGs or some other genres.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Made the mistake of buying "Speed Busters: American Highways". 15 year old me enjoyed this game a great deal, the gog re-release is another bad joke though:

:greatjob:

Am I expected to download a crack and fix that sound error myself or what?

Last edited:

:Flash:

Arcane
I bought Speed Busters for exactly the same reason (except it was probably 18 year old me). It works perfectly fine for me, but even though I used to be a master of this game I now suck at it.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Made the mistake of buying "Speed Busters: American Highways". 15 year old me enjoyed this game a great deal, the gog re-release is another bad joke though:

:greatjob:

Am I expected to download a crack and fix that sound error myself or what?

From your video I can see you're not doing anything unusual as far as running the game. It *might* be something as simple as setting the game's executable to run as Admin as that usually fixes the "Give CD!" errors. In any case, please contact us so we can either get the game working for you or get you a refund in case we can't :)

Astral Rag

Arcane
From your video I can see you're not doing anything unusual as far as running the game. It *might* be something as simple as setting the game's executable to run as Admin as that usually fixes the "Give CD!" errors. In any case, please contact us so we can either get the game working for you or get you a refund in case we can't :)

I already found a solution. It turns out that the Gog release of Speed Busters is more than a little racist ;)

To our knowledge, this should only happen on French systems. Please download this file and extract the SpeedBusters.exe file into your game's installation folder. You should replace the old SpeedBusters.exe with the new one. This should fix the launch issue.
source

I do have a non-English/ non-Polish Windows but it's not French, using that .exe also fixes the "sound error". Anyway maybe you guys could add that alternative .exe to the game's downloads section...

Last edited by a moderator:

m_s0

Arcane
Fingers crossed it's one of those they actually did fiddle with to make them compatible, and not just one of those they bundled with a crack and called it a day.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
OK some news concerning the release of the old rpg series. Warning : it's more like hints than anything. Take all that with a pinch of salt, but that seems serious enough to me to warrant being posted here I think.

First there is our resident teasing maniac, Judas :hahyou: :

http://af.gog.com/forum/general/this_weeks_enigmatic_hint/post4553?as=1649904300

"Not a Hint but more of a warning :P

Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all."

Then there is the planning for GOG twitch streaming on thursday :

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: RELEASE STREAM with Classicor
4pm GMT / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: RELEASE STREAM with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: RELEASE STREAM with Outstar
8pm GMT / 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT: RELEASE STREAM with ScreamingJoypad and MegapiemanPHD
10pm GMT / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: RELEASE STREAM with Classicor

At least 5 new releases in a day, eh :smug: Smells like a new series entry to me :obviously:
By the way, the outstar stream will most likeky be the one of SR:HK, and the screamingjoypad and megapiemanphd the trine 3 one. What's interesting with the three others is that classicor generally play old rpg games like ultima and co :smug:

What's even more interesting is that three new publishers just made their way in the list of GOG :

Westwood Associates & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Stormfront Studios & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Bethesda Softworks

SSI you say :incline: :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

EDIT : by the way, I don't know what to make of it but Bethesda has two entries now in the gog publisher list...

Last edited by a moderator:

Alchemist

Arcane
What's even more interesting is that three new publishers just made their way in the list of GOG :

Westwood Associates & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Stormfront Studios & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Eye of the Beholder series incoming. As for Stormfront, they did a couple of the later Gold Box games with SSI - so maybe those too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom