Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

lightbane

Arcane
The cursed blade that affected Rin may also be something which could be repurposed for our use. Perhaps it could be employed to finely mind-control a particular subject (say, like a prince of a certain region), but that's something that will require some time to develop.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A1>A2 - Better to have them start accepting our power now, rather than later. What are they going to do, attack us with pitchforks? Also we're on the border of multiple kingdoms, the best place to start carving out our own.

B>D>A>C
- I want to up our magic more for future. I don't want to stop until our magical attack is at least B rank (What it was before when we were the Hero)

B>A>C - Healing first. Disguise second.

A - Fuck it. Let's jump into the Rift! What's the worst that could possibly happen?

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Humans massively fail at the only thing that really matters: loyalty.

Greater ability turns into greater liability in zero seconds flat, when it won't do what you want. Erdrick was a human mage of great ability, for example. How many Erdricks do you think our army can handle?

Until there's a better option with loyalty that's equally rock-solid, may as well dabble at goblin-breeding to the extent that we can. Whether that's magic or making them a little stronger. Definitely making them more numerous. And don't underestimate the power of being cute and furry until you've watched swarms of ewoks destroying AT-ST walkers.

Loyalty isn't the only thing that matters. Gobbos are deathly loyal, but they are small, weak, and generally not very bright. In fact, the only advantages they have are that they can breed quickly (but still not quickly enough to help us produce an army that can take over a country in the near future). That's it. I don't know what you see in them. Any attempt to improve upon them at this point instead of finding other creatures (i.e. trolls, good 'ol humans, orcs) that are better overall as part of an army.

And ewoks are the gayest shit ever. It was the beginning of the end for Star Wars.

Mages rarely condescend to aid farmers in fantasy settings, but if you can create a race of quick-breeding magical pests that can get food with ease, you basically have a swarm of locust at your disposal, and that beats slow-growing minotaurs when you can either replenish 1 new minotaur or 10,000 new little magical pests.

A single minotaur was powerful enough to hold this entire goblin village hostage through sheer terror before we came along. Some locust swarm.

Esquilax

Arcane
A1>A2 - Better to have them start accepting our power now, rather than later. What are they going to do, attacks us with pitchforks? Also we're on the border of multiple kingdoms, the best place to start carving out our own.

No, what they're going to do is attempt to flee as soon as we're out of earshot and hopefully warn someone once they get to civilization.

Goddamnit, I really don't want A to win. This is too early, and this is a bad idea. Not now. The fact that we are on the border of multiple kingdoms is actually the worst place to start carving out a kingdom. We are squatting on Methussian land, seceding from theirs, and forming a new nation comprised of a lot of non-humans in an area where the only thing that four much more well-established, more powerful kingdoms can agree on is "We hate non-humans". Please, can we not chase the car this time? Just a little bit of patience on this, there will be MUCH better opportunities down the road, and I think it's fucking stupid to tether ourselves to this backwater now. Forming a nation of our own right now, as I've said, has a lot of drawbacks and no benefits.

Experimenting with the glove, whatever. People know it's dumb, their curiosity overrides their better judgment, it's understandable. I'm curious too. But I think that the voters should strongly reconsider trying to forge an empire right now. A little bit of patience will pay off in the long run, we don't need to go after shinies every time they pop up.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bros, my mood has changed. My instincts are...awake. Flopping to 4A and joining the lemming rush. I have a feeling there is a cute girl trapped either in the crystal or in the glove.

Edit:
Nevill, not sure if you are factoring in Kipeci's flop to A1>A2

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
I hope those voting for A1/2 have a plan in mind about what to do with these villagers once/if they're successfully integrated, because I believe they'll not be worth the trouble their separation will cause. Oh well, I guess that's what they call the tyranny of democracy.

FrankHamilton

Educated
A2>A1 for maximum Esquilax butthurt
B
X
don't care for third one
B>A

Does 4B mean we will not be studying the two artifacts, trying to figure out what is the cause of their weird behavior?

Esquilax

Arcane
Don't take everything I say seriously. bro. I was already edging towards A, as you can see from my previous posts.

I was joking too, man. This is all in good fun. Not every vote is going to go your way, even if I happen to feel very strongly about not seceding and forming our own country just yet. I just think we need to be a little more patient because I know that better opportunities will come.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Speaking of butthurt, it's tie now between A2 and C2
I really don't feel that strongly either way, but that tie triggers me
:x

ScubaV

Prophet
I'll flop from 1) A2 to C2

I don't care about the choice too much and this way I can prevent a tie and have Esquilax owe me a life debt at the same time.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Guys, vote for A!

Fuck that guy, I'm voting C2, too.

But we better not use this postponement of overweening imperial ambitions to go deeper in Methuss politics or continue to save Erise from their bandits as a Strider-esque ranger, the overlord they need, not the overlord they deserve. Drop this incident entirely and strike out into monster land.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Loyalty isn't the only thing that matters.

Only loyalty really matters. As I said earlier, every other good quality in a troop can easily become aimed against you, rather than for you, if the loyalty is not rock solid.

If you can take a loyal weakling or a nobody and make him strong and important, that's better than finding a strongman and getting a vow of loyalty from him. This is how it happens all the time in the real world.

In terms of fantasyland, the gobbos are the weaklings and nobodies that we should be strengthening, the weakling that, if bred correctly, can be an imperial guard. I mean, zombies are nice, but you don't want one outside the royal bedchamber.

Besides, treave says these things are only slightly weaker than human soldiers, not a complete pushover.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom