Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter is Live

jdinatale

Cipher
The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life.

In other words the Marxist agenda.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
In other words the Marxist agenda.
I thought that nowadays determinism is conservative thing.

It shifts every decade or so, so don't blame me if I got it wrong.

Either way - 5 hours in, almost funded. Strong 2M+ contender.

thesoup

Arcane
The original was already a commercially successful game. I, for one, don't approve of this kikery.:keepmyjewgold:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who sold me their spare copy of the first for $5? Was it evdk ? Gotta hook me up again!

mrnobodie

Novice
Of course we will.

Any word on when that's going to start? Also, I really wanted to get one of those hoodie packs but, only 50? really? Can someone find out if there will be anymore of those made available or at least if they'll honor the same level of pledge amount through the codex fundraiser regardless of it being "sold out" on the kickstarter?

Fireblade

Erudite
Any word on when that's going to start? Also, I really wanted to get one of those hoodie packs but, only 50? really? Can someone find out if there will be anymore of those made available or at least if they'll honor the same level of pledge amount through the codex fundraiser regardless of it being "sold out" on the kickstarter?
The hoodies are also available at the $400 level (and everything above, but the $400 isn't sold out yet).

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's their first update (for those reading this thread and not the other):

Funded by people with good taste!
Posted by Larian Studios LLC
Look at that!
You are all amazing!

Who would’ve predicted that a pitch built around adding extra dialog options & origin stories to a complex RPG would be capable of mobilizing so many people so fast? For RPG developers like us it's like a dream come true. You are allowing us to create deep complex RPG experiences that we love to make and we're so very grateful to all of you!

Where Divinity: Original Sin took 12 days to reach its funding goal, Divinity: Original Sin 2 was funded in less than 12 hours. Nobody at Larian, except Eric that is, could imagine that we would meet our goal so fast and now that we’ve reached this point, we’re incredibly motivated to take D:OS 2 as far as we can.

Thank you!!!

Since things went a lot faster than we anticipated, we’ll need a little bit more time to prepare our first big update, but rest assured, it’s coming.

44982676d236aedc65557b864a6ebeaf_original.jpg

Our Pax booth will be great, but we still have a bit of work
We’re currently in Seattle, prepping for showing the D:OS 2 prototype at PAX Prime (Booth #6011, Level 6), and our best case scenario was actually that we’d be talking about what’s next near the end of the show ;)

But you’ve caught us of guard and showed us there was an even better scenario. We’re very happy that you did!

As a little teaser for PAX, rumour has it that we found a cosplayer who'll be doing the rounds as a wood elf. We haven't spotted him yet but once he pops up, we'll be sure to share a picture with you.

92bf79e8a98d6098d6e04ce83ddb1e17_original.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the press

Prior to launching our Kickstarter campaign, we've been showing Divinity:Original Sin 2 to the media, and a lot of impressions popped up today.

"I can't help but think that another Kickstarter success could help make Divinity: Original Sin 2 one of the most engaging RPGs to date." - PC Gamer

“This sequel has some wild new ideas and ambitions far beyond the scope of the already-impressive first game” - Polygon

"It’s exactly what I wanted from a sequel" - Rock Paper Shotgun

"If successful Original Sin II is poised to shake up not just isometric RPGs but the whole RPG genre" - PC World

"Divinity: Original Sin 2's narrative is fuelled by dizzying, twisted multiplayer" - Eurogamer

We've also invited the RPGWatch & the RPGCodex to our offices, and they did extensive write-ups.

Finally, if you speak German, French, Russian or Polish, you may want to check out these hands-ons: PC Games, GameStar, JeuxVideo.com, Igromania.ru, Gry-Online.pl

Thank you!

We'd also like to extend a big thank you to our fellow developers who gave us a shout-out today - Harebrained schemes, inXile Entertainment, King Art Games & the Aquanox Team, you guys rock!

In closing

For the last couple of days the hardware gods have been pretty harsh on us, cursing us with broken laptops, hard drives and burned ...things, and they continued their curse today just as we were filming the big moment. Here's the footage as it happened, but you'll notice we had quite a few problems :)

That's it for today. We'll be back tomorrow with more, stay tuned. A lot more is coming your way!

The video at the end isn't posted yet.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Backed and backed.

Although, I kind of dislike the new artstyle. Everyone looks like a Bayformer. Clusterfuck.

Ah well, at least it looks like it doesn't effect the in-game assets much.

Angthoron

Arcane
The aim is to start ours this week. Can't be any more specific at this point yet, though.

Septaryeth

Augur
The aim is to start ours this week. Can't be any more specific at this point yet, though.

I'm not sure how the codex fundraising works.
Do people still get the same reward for pledging equivalent amount?
If so, can you join the fundraising for a game you already pledged by upgrading it?

kazgar

Arcane
If so, can you join the fundraising for a game you already pledged by upgrading it?

Relax, it'll all become clear in time.

But if there's something you specifically want in the kickstarter tiers (especially if it's limited) pledge there first.

Angthoron

Arcane
Main reason I'm not revealing dates and details is because we don't have dates and details to reveal yet.

But no, you can't upgrade your main KS tiers.

The way it worked with Larian last time is that people got corresponding rewards for their contributions, eg people donating enough for digital got digital, people donating enough for box got box, highest contributors got chars named after them etc, plus there's some overall Codex community reward - based on the amount of money collected. Since we collected so much last time, Codex is in D: OS splash screen twice, we have some prominent references throughout the game, a quest and like a dozen Codex-themed NPCs at the Home Plane.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good news, guys, I just donated to the Codex fund for the D:OS2 Kickstarter. DarkUnderlord has promised to keep my information safe. You know what I really like about these group donations is... wait... hold on, someone's at the door...

Elian-Gonzalez-held-by-Do-001.jpg

Fireblade

Erudite
Some new reward tiers appear to have been added, and the hoodies mentioned earlier in this thread are now available at the $200 level with an unsigned collectors edition.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Codex campaign is up: http://www.rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=13

I've started compiling a list of names set it to $10k because whatever we get will be sent over anyway. Not sure what our actual goal / target is short of name in the credits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom