Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

lightbane

Arcane
This may be cruel...but as a bit of viral marketing...:
*The Fallout 4 we'll never have*

That's fake, there's not enough bloom. Plus everyone knows that turn-based combat was a limitation of the past. Lastly, the dialogues are too well written. :M

Anyway, I managed to complete the bloody surgery sequence.

What kind of sick freak makes the patient operate his own damn spine by himself? :lol::lol: That surpasses even Umbrella in levels of hostility towards their own workers. Changing the topic, I'm now stuck at Hydroponics (which once again reminds me of System Shock 2 when the elevator fails). I have the Queen's pheromones after using the Vaporizer and everything, but I don't know what to do with it. I tried to throw the item against the insect swarm, but they eat me anyway the moment I get closer no matter what. Dunno if it's a bug (pun not intended), or I'm missing a previous step. Also, it seems you can keep milking the Queen indefinitely, but for some reason John can only carry one copy of the Queen's Milk item.

Lastly, sometimes when I open the inventory, the objects here disappear. Exiting and entering the inventory again fixes the bug though.

likaq

Arcane
8tifPeG.jpg

3gLBYFL.jpg

In before kotc or serpent in the staglands looks better.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
That's fake, there's not enough bloom. Plus everyone knows that turn-based combat was a limitation of the past. Lastly, the dialogues are too well written. :M

Anyway, I managed to complete the bloody surgery sequence.

What kind of sick freak makes the patient operate his own damn spine by himself? :lol::lol: That surpasses even Umbrella in levels of hostility towards their own workers. Changing the topic, I'm now stuck at Hydroponics (which once again reminds me of System Shock 2 when the elevator fails). I have the Queen's pheromones after using the Vaporizer and everything, but I don't know what to do with it. I tried to throw the item against the insect swarm, but they eat me anyway the moment I get closer no matter what. Dunno if it's a bug (pun not intended), or I'm missing a previous step. Also, it seems you can keep milking the Queen indefinitely, but for some reason John can only carry one copy of the Queen's Milk item.

Lastly, sometimes when I open the inventory, the objects here disappear. Exiting and entering the inventory again fixes the bug though.

So you know you can attract the insects somewhere with the pheromones...where could you attract them that would kill them?

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Pyke

Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK the pre-rendered static backgrounds are in 1280x720 or some similar lower resolution, and upscaled to the user's actual resolution, hence the blurriness we experiencing. If this is the case, would it be possible to offer "HD-packs" as a separate download, that would contain the backgrounds pre-rendered in a higher resolution? Maybe in 1920x1080, 1920x1200 and 2560x1440 which are the most common resolutions used these days. What do you think?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished the game. 11h on the clock - 5h of beta, 6h for full game, breezing beta content really fast. So I think you can get solid 10h of it. Have got all but 2 achievements: Gassed and Mercy. I really thought I tried to kill John in all possible ways.

Game is :5/5: would buy again!

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Hey Owl - Thats not a bad idea. I will talk to the VIS guys and see if there is a fast way to increase the resolution scaling with all of the hotspots.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand finished !

8 hours clocked in steam says. What a ride! I reaally really enjoyed the game. It was not without a few flaws here and there, but overall a great adventure sci-fi horror game, best of its genre, really!

I rate it 5.5/6.

Some of the more detracting stuff was things like pathing for John that seemed wonky and off several places. Some of the objects were hard to spot and interact with, while others were really easy to spot and highlighted.

The resolution and rendering of the game was not optimized for higher resolutions like 1080 and beyond, which is really a shame. This means, that the game in windowed mode looks its absolute best with clear cut crisp graphics, that
really highlight how beautiful this game is.

I played the game at 1900x1080 (eventho I have a 1900x1200 monitor) and sometimes the text and textures could become abit blurry. I would sometimes switch to windowed mode just to see the contrast, and man, there is quite a difference.
Maybe someday we get a HD re-render of the scenes :)

The sound, music, story, graphics, presentation, puzzles, all top notch.

Can't wait to play more of Chris' games and the bonus chapter to the Cayne Corporation story!

aratuk

Cipher
This is a great game, and I hope all the enthusiasm is translating into lots of sales. I will definitely support future projects. Will you be returning to Kickstarter?

One small problem that probably won't affect many people: When scrolling deep in the credits, with thousands of backers listed, there should be a stationary exit button, or the ability to press ESC or something, rather than having to scroll all the way back to the top in order to return to the previous screen.

With your work ethic in pulling this off, you must be some kind of posthuman game development algorithm. You should sell a webinar series: "Develop Games – the Chris Bischoff Way!" w/ headshot holding your chin in your hand…

covr

Prophet
Patron
Great game Pyke, congratulations!
Now it's time to do your Codex duty and confess... how are the sales? Are you swimming in money?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Help
Stuck at the flesh lagoon spot, I pushed the electric pole into it and there's some exposed wires but I can't find anything else to do.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Help
Stuck at the flesh lagoon spot, I pushed the electric pole into it and there's some exposed wires but I can't find anything else to do.
nvm I figured it out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom