Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greetings from a music maker.

Islet

Educated
Greetings Codex, long time watcher introducing himself. I'm a music maker and something I feel I'd really like to do is work on a game project, so if you're making a game and need some music along with it, don't hesitate to contact me and we might work something out. It'd be free, of course. My music is often low key and lullaby like, most often based on a plucked guitar or piano, but I like a challenge if a different mood is needed. I've never done any of this as you can see, but it'd be fun as fuck actually and so I think something good might come out of it. :)

Islet

Educated
Yeah sure, give me an email and I'll send you a few. They're a bit more nocturnal than what I usually do, but yeah, I like those and could give it a try.
My email is bocheadphase@gmail.com for anyone who's interested in samples.

Unless you generally don't care about any responses then you need to post links to your music. YOU do the extra work for the people who might hire you. Makes sense doesn't it?

Islet

Educated
Unless you generally don't care about any responses then you need to post links to your music. YOU do the extra work for the people who might hire you. Makes sense doesn't it?
You've got a point but I really didn't ask for much either.

I've been doing some music for a game now but I've got time for more work. If you're interested you're very welcome to listen to a demo at www.soundcloud.com/isletsound/demo.
It doesn't include that many genres and if you need something different I'm up for it, for example I'd love to do some really gritty mark morganesque stuff for your dark, gloomy rpg.

You can contact me here but preferably at isletsound@gmail.com or bocheadphase@gmail.com.

Best Wishes

You've got a point but I really didn't ask for much either.

I've been doing some music for a game now but I've got time for more work. If you're interested you're very welcome to listen to a demo at www.soundcloud.com/isletsound/demo.
It doesn't include that many genres and if you need something different I'm up for it, for example I'd love to do some really gritty mark morganesque stuff for your dark, gloomy rpg.

You can contact me here but preferably at isletsound@gmail.com or bocheadphase@gmail.com.

Best Wishes

And not just any game, it seems you've been working on our fellow Codexer's game Starlife. Congrats.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Heh, I recognize 16th Machine tone from FM8, been playing with that tone for a while.

Islet

Educated
Cosmo and ERYFKRAD: Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Excommunicator: Thank you, working with Tiago has been a great pleasure and a great experience. He's the man.

Hoaxmetal: hehe, yeah, FM8 has been a favorite. what kind of music do you make?

Slenkar: sending you a PM.

Islet

Educated
Thanks again guys. Even if this thread is quiet, don't hesitate to send an email if you need music.

Islet

Educated
Alright, time for another plug. Shameless, yes, but two irish coffees have overrided any safe guards against shame, and in a way I think the cause is okay, I just really want to make some music for an RPG.
Here's a link to my soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/isletsound
Hope to hear from you,
Best wishes.

Dorateen

Arcane
I can confirm, the music composed by Islet is excellent and atmospheric. I was happy with the tracks used so far in Hearkenwold.

Islet , I'm in the middle of some conversion projects right now, but I've got new areas coming up in the IceBlink version that will need desert themed music. I'll follow up with you soon.

Islet

Educated
Thanks Dorateen, and that sounds great, I'd love to do some desert music.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Listened to some of your stuff. It's pretty good.
Way different than mine, though, but it's not like it's a bad thing. Good luck with finding cool projects, man. :salute:

Islet

Educated
Nice, can I listen to your stuff somewhere? And thanks, I really appreciate it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom