Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter TSIOQUE - A 100% hand-drawn point and click with a loooots of animation

OhNoo

Educated
Hello :)

My name is Lukas Rutkowski (from OhNoo Studio, our previous game was Tormentum), and we have just launched a Kickstarter for a 2d point and click game called TSIOQUE.

More information on Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ohnoo/tsioque-an-animated-2d-adventure-game

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Tsioque is a playfully dark 2d point and click adventure game inspired by such classics as Day of the Tentacle, Dragon's Lair or Ron Gilbert's Pajama Sam series.

shadows.gif

The protagonist is a little warrior princess named Tsioque, imprisoned in a castle ruled by the Evil Wizard. She's not the kind of princess who waits for Prince Charming to rescue her - she's brave and stubborn, and has an unusual talent for bringing unintended chaos and destruction wherever she goes.

a2_mini.jpg

fenix.gif

During her escape, Tsiqoue will explore a castle with a mysterious past, which - bound by a powerful spell - has not only become home to demons and magical creatures, but also, itself, has been affected by the evil power... It bends and shapeshifts, forming layers upon layers of transformation and illusion. It is an essential part of the plot and – especially later in the game – is tightly integrated into the gameplay.

poster_mini.jpg

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I played the demo. Nothing particular to say about puzzles, but the setting, art, animation and staging are quite promising.
The best aspect is all the stooges who die like shits, that's damn fun.

I really hope you'll reach the requested money.

OhNoo

Educated
Last 29 Hours! Still, time has brought us some wonderful news - first of all, our base goal - BARE BONES - has been reached! 105% of goal :) TNX! The joy is immense as our food and shelter budget for the duration of development has been secured! Smile.png
http://kck.st/1TUTqWv

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Feels like it could be fun if instead of the little girl, game would focus on the little black dudes and the big guy, their design/interaction seem a lot of fun. Apart from that, I was at first wondering if the shitty animation (with a constant feel of missing frames) was to just lower the cost or something, but apparently, after watching couple other work from him, that's Wasilewski's signature: shitty animations. Too bad, art style seems interesting, setting could be fun, but man, that's really, really bad animation work...

Best of luck though, hopefully you'll be able to finish it proper and release with the kickstarter funds.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think heroine could have used a more refined look, she looks more like an evil gremlin. Having actual pupils and stuff would have been better. Still it's a fairytale with 2d animation, what's not to like. Will follow this.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I played it, the backgrounds, animations and musics are very good and the game is very easy, the demo is very representative of what to expect, if you're undecided then you should just play the demo. Also the game is unfortunately very short.

Tsioque is not very expensive and if you're only interested in the hand drawn animations and/or actually dislike hard puzzles then why not but if you want my very own opinion I'd say you should rather buy FoxTail which is cheaper, with much better puzzles, whose currently only available chapter is already longer than this game and with more content to come.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The big sell here is the art and animation, which Foxtail can't touch. (Not to dis Foxtail, it looks very nice ... for pixel art.)

Glad to hear it's short and easy, been looking forward to spending a relaxing evening with this one. Congrats on the release OhNoo, last seen here September 2015 so I'm sure you'll read this.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Is it ok for young kids? I read that there’s a major thematic change 2/3 in. The description namechecks Pajama Sam, which my kids like.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Is it ok for young kids?
I think it is. Or that it is if you think the trailer or the beginning of the game are.
I read that there’s a major thematic change 2/3 in.
But I don't think it makes it less suited for young kids then, the atmopshere is a bit dark from the get go but it never really gets worse than what the trailer or the beginning of the game suggest in my opinion.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm only a couple hours in, so far nothing worse than a wizard who zaps goblins with lightning, a tentacle pulling a goblin offscreen, or goblins pointing swords at a young girl and arresting her.

Zombra

Patron
Annnd ... that was a fun two hours, the art is beautiful, the animations are wonderful, the game world and characters are delightful. I guess somewhere there is a pixel I'm supposed to click on that makes no sense. I hate adventure games. :argh:

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Despite my bitching and complaining about adventure games, this one wouldn't let me go. Went back and finished it and found the game absolutely captivating.

MRY, the thematic change later in the game is completely suitable for children, absolutely play this with your kids unless you're opposed to light cartoon violence such as goblins bumping into each other and falling into a pit and yes, one case of a goblin being disintegrated by the wizard. The game actually gets much nicer towards the end.

Steam review up.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Okay just finished it took around 3 hours.

Game is very easy and I had most problems with first puzzle
had to drop medallion 3 times :argh:

It was a cute adventure and worth the price. If you have experience with older point n click adventure games "harder" puzzles should not take more than few seconds / minutes to figure out.

Only thing I disliked was couple mini games which were just tedious but you could skip other one and they did not last too long.

7/10

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
After beating Pajama Sam 2 for the umpeenth time, I persuaded my daughter to give this a go. She didn't like it.

FWIW, the major reasons were:

(1) The first puzzle was too difficult for her, and she got highly frustrated.
(2) "She can't even go anywhere" during the first puzzle. Interesting, Pajama Sam 3 starts in a prison cell, too, but she didn't air the same complaint. Her problem here was that the area of the screen in which Tsioque was confined was extremely small.
(3) Hotspots were too small.
(4) Interactions were too slow relative to Pajama Sam.
(5) She was somewhat primed for boredom by the relatively long uninteractive intro. I liked it, but in comparison to most of the adventures she's played (Pajama Sam, Loom, Monkey Islands, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle) it's a fairly slow start.

Wound up playing Pajama Sam 3 and then some Monkey Island instead. :/ Hope I'll get back to this someday, but I doubt I can get her back on board.

Thanks for the suggestion, though, and OhNoo, you made a truly beautiful game.

Zombra

Patron
Sorry if I wasn't clear; when I said play it with your kids I meant that literally. A lot of the puzzles are difficult and a 5 year old is not going to breeze through this - or get through it at all - on their own. Apologies if my lack of clarity wasted your time or your child's.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
took me around 2h, probably also because of some unskippable animations even in a fail-safe scene. it's cute but did it have to go meta in the end lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom