Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Undertale - friendship/genocide RPG

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Basically she's actively hostile to everything and everyone except her own kind. I guess Muffet was put here to test the players' resolve.

Unless you buy spider food. Then you are okay in her book too. After all, how you can be bad if you donate for spiders? :lol:

Ivan

Arcane
messed up pacifist run>completed pacifist run> gonna try genocidal run> gonna try soulless pacificst after

Gozma

Arcane
What happens if you kill everyone else in the game except papyrus

TigerKnee

Arcane
Soulless Pacifist just changes the ending stinger picture, you can just Youtube that.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
We should keep this secret from the Codex, game is too good for what is the average poster now. Crooked Bee, move the thread to the secret bro list forum.

Ivan

Arcane
so a true genocidal run is actually a pain in the ass to pull off. It seems you have to grind all random encounters...whelp, let's try again.

lightbane

Arcane
Ah yes, the whole Gaster drama. I believe they won't be able to do much until the dev releases more content with a patch/DLC/free update/whatever, which I'm sure he'll do so, most likely atl Christmas or Halloween (especially the latter, knowing the author's former work).

Speaking of Gaster, I laughed at how some people for some reason believe that npc is the key for the supposed "real true ending", in which allegedly you would fight the Fallen Child and somehow save Asriel from its terrible fate, because they don't like enough the Good ending or something. It turns out the game's criticism about OCD completionists never being happy was correct. :lol:

In fact, if Toby wants to be cruel, he could toy with that idea and add the ability for the player to "save" Asriel, in exchange of paying the ultimate price: giving up his soul and everything he worked for. Ingame that would translate into having your save data erased and your character's name permanently rejected by the game's register (in other words, doing something similar to what they did in NIER). The following butthurt would be hilarious.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So, I did a pacifist playthrough on my first run, seemed to explain most of the things I cared about except-

'Frisk' seems to be from the coffin found near the end of the game. If that is the case however, how did you escape the barrier in the first place so you could fall back into the ruins? And why? Are you some sort of reincarnation or alternate reality version of Asriel or the original fallen child?

Also, that fucking door near the fucked up reindeer thing. Never got it open. Seemed ominous.

lightbane

Arcane
You get more of the plot in the Genocide path, they're meant to be played one after the other (preferably with the Pacifist one first). However, I warn you that the Genocide path is not only the weakest part of the game, but it is also completely unbalanced against you: I recommend to stock up and save all of the most powerful healing items for the two exclusive uber-bosses featured in that path.

Moreover, the final boss of that route is literally designed to make the player rage-quit.
Therefore, in case you believe your patience or your reflexes are not up to the task, watch the ending in Youtube to spare yourself from pointless suffering.

Lastly, that door only opens if you manage to avoid all of the credits that "attack" you during the good ending. It contains a minor easter egg and little else.

Damned Registrations

I don't think I've got the will to sit around exterminating monsters; it sounds like it takes far far longer than the pacifist route. Perhaps another day.

lightbane

Arcane
There's a little trick to make the Genocide path less tedious: Alt-tab the game whenever your character is moving. If done correctly, the PC will get stuck in a fixed position, although that will still be considered as "moving aound" for the purposes of hunting for random encounters. Then you do something else to pass the time while you wait for a monster to show up. Repeat until you get a special message that will confirm you have entered the "evil route".

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Ok so I decided to try a genocide run after all... jesus fuck the number of enemies to kill in the first room alone. Please tell me that later areas won't require this much grinding too.

Damned Registrations

Fucking sans... holy shit. I like this boss fight. Wishing I hadn't spent those snowman parts on Undine though (or managed to prevent myself from getting the pie in the begining.) Is there any better healing you can buy in this route besidies cinnamon buns?

rrc2soft

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fucking sans... holy shit. I like this boss fight. Wishing I hadn't spent those snowman parts on Undine though (or managed to prevent myself from getting the pie in the begining.) Is there any better healing you can buy in this route besidies cinnamon buns?

Try the Burger Emporium in the hotel before the CORE. They have the best healing items there.

lightbane

Arcane
So, I take you're already having a bad time, right? :troll:
Note that restoratives won't do much anyway, since you have to keep attacking the final boss in order to progress. Fortunately, eventually you'll be given a few turns of respite, letting you heal. Unfortunately, right after that the boss will unleash his full power on you. Have fun.
:troll:

Damned Registrations

Yeah, I've reached the point where
he launches some insane attack involving a circle of skulls firing a spiral of lasers at you. I haven't managed to get past that part, but I'm sure I can weasel at least a few more seconds of survival if I manage to start that attack with full hp; I just need enough items left at that point to spam them until I get a pattern I can avoid getting hit on entirely so I can be topped off for the uber attack.

If he has much more to throw at me after that I might rage quit after all.

lightbane

Arcane
As a small consolation prize, once he warns you that he's going to

use his special attack, I believe you no longer have to keep attacking him to progress, just focus on surviving and hoping for the best. Still, I admire your determination, I never got that far before getting fed with that goddamned boss.

By the way, the circle of lasers can be dodged by moving clockwise, but it is easier said than done.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Using a sea tea has definitely helped me out a lot; near the end of that spiral though it goes so damned fast I can't stay out of it. Maybe if I used a second tea for even more speed... but that would make the rest of his attacks harder to finesse I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom