Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #69: PC User Interface Improvements

ArchAngel

Arcane
They should make some research if weapon jamming happens really that often in real life.
I remember the discussion that it does it weapon are unkempt and used.

Athelas

Arcane
Moderately looking forward to this.

Tho after the butthurt last year imma get myself a pen and paper and jot down carefully every single "60% succeed" I critically fail. Coz in vanilla it was at least half the rolls.
Plus you'll have something to do while you reload to retry the skill check. :cool:

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Moderately looking forward to this.

Tho after the butthurt last year imma get myself a pen and paper and jot down carefully every single "60% succeed" I critically fail. Coz in vanilla it was at least half the rolls.

"3 % to jam chance" weapons jamming every second shot were hilarious too.

Has this rng not being random actually ever been confirmed?
I savescrummed this game as much as the next guy (we all have ocd, get over it) and I'm not a stranger to statistics... the amount of times that 33% critical failures happened 10 times in a row (statistical probability of 1/177147 or something?) was absurd.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seeds are the worst thing any game could possibly implement for it's randomization.
I guess you were not around when people like mad complained about needing to load the save game before every chest and screaming for seed system so that is stopped?

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sad as it is, I might actually prefer that to a non-random random number generator. A minigame could at least be made more/less difficult made on challenge rating and character skill.
As if anyone here would enjoy a game where the DM forces you to play with loaded dice, "or actually, screw the dice and your stats, I'll just tell you how hard you fail regardless of either!".

I wouldn't have savescummed (as much) if I didn't feel constantly cheated by the game.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dark Souls has some pretty niftty rings for having low health which give you crazy bonuses for damage and since that game us skill based if you want to do a single hit playstyle in exchange for extra damage to hit it is very playable for those with the skill
Really looking forward to this, would love if they could rebalanve things a bit to have stat requirments for skills; it was sort of dumb having a strength 3 character doing so much extra damage because of skills in their qeapon category than a strength 8 char....just dumb and by tying stats to skills it eliminates all the gypmed chars and induces balance so Sawyer would be proud too!

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Something like this would be cool:
- The chest has 6 item slots
- 4 items are put in explicitly by the devs
- 2 items are random generated depending on your luck, also depending on which char opens it and what kind of skills he/she has, so the chance of getting useful items is high

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why would I want to keep my Brawler at >25% health for a long period of time? In Wasteland it's very possible to die (or perhaps get knocked out?) in one turn if your health falls so low. I imagine the intended purpose was to make a character able to retreat swiftly but 2AP is just no worth it. I mean sure, bonus attack might be useful, not having to worry about losing a char next turn is more useful.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would I want to keep my Brawler at >25% health for a long period of time? In Wasteland it's very possible to die (or perhaps get knocked out?) in one turn if your health falls so low. I imagine the intended purpose was to make a character able to retreat swiftly but 2AP is just no worth it. I mean sure, bonus attack might be useful, not having to worry about losing a char next turn is more useful.
Maybe your options for melee by that time will be limited so taking this perk will be only normal choice :D

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Marvel Heroes designed several of the heroes as "berserkers" that deal way more damage when under 25% hp but they also have corresponding increased defenses at low health to allow players to sustain the effects.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Marvel Heroes designed several of the heroes as "berserkers" that deal way more damage when under 25% hp but they also have corresponding increased defenses at low health to allow players to sustain the effects.
Maybe there are perks that give that as well :D

Darkzone

Arcane
They should make some research if weapon jamming happens really that often in real life.
Depends on the gun, ammo, maintenance, kind of firing and environment. But modern gas operated short stroke piston rifles (FN SCAR or HK416) can fire 6000 round with only 226 "jammings" in an extreme dust environment. In the "Wehrmacht" the G3 with practice ammunition could barely fire the whole mag on auto, while with normal ammo jamming not that often but still normal.
But you got to remember that the Wasteland is a dusty enviroment so one in 28 or 3.6% for a very good rifle is not that far off.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Funny how those reviews are mostly for the PS4 version of the game but there are no mentions of resolutions AA or any differences on consoles and the fact that the Xbox reviews are missing
Still super psyched on getting this whenever gog releases it
Now that the ban is over could you give us some info MindX?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom