Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry Primal AKA Far Cry with cavemen

Tehdagah

Arcane
I want a dinosaur easter egg.

Abhay

Augur
Wow. This has got to be one of the most retarded ideas a AAA has shit out in the past decade.
Its definitely NOT retarded, but a challenging, new creative offering from Ubisoft.
Why the fuck people like you have to bitch and speak negative the moment someone tried to do something different?
At least, keep your judgements till you have something to support your bitching.

I am so happy, and hyped right now. I support Ubisoft on this one, for trying a different types of approach and unique setting for us to enjoy. It has the potential to become the best Far cry for its survival nature being the main focus, just like the Far cry 2 experience, which I consider a masterpiece.
Far cry 3 and 4 sucked soo much piss with its new features like skinning, that felt so gimmicky for a game like Far Cry, and just bogus, pointless for reasons making no sense at all.
On the other hand, Far cry Primal fits perfectly to make those gimmicky stuff really unique, realistic, in depth, and assumimg there shall be no guns, the concept has caught my attention simply for the thought of survival experience with different equipments and features which 'makes sense for the setting', the story, and missions to experience the ultimate prehistoric game.
Just wish Ubisoft takes this seriously, and doesn't dumb it down for shitty casuals. I commend Ubi for the effort to provide something unique and give the fans of Far cry, something different to enjoy from FC3/4 bullshit.
So yeah, fuck haters, and people who find this retarded.
I am hoping for the best.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Too bad Ubisoft is making this, a new caveman game could be interesting.
sapscrn.gif

Adon

Arcane
Can't wait for more pointless filler crap like collect all 250 pieces of Mammoth dung!

Its definitely NOT retarded, but a challenging, new creative offering from Ubisoft.
Why the fuck people like you have to bitch and speak negative the moment someone tried to do something different?
At least, keep your judgements till you have something to support your bitching.

I am so happy, and hyped right now. I support Ubisoft on this one, for trying a different types of approach and unique setting for us to enjoy. It has the potential to become the best Far cry for its survival nature being the main focus, just like the Far cry 2 experience, which I consider a masterpiece.
Far cry 3 and 4 sucked soo much piss with its new features like skinning, that felt so gimmicky for a game like Far Cry, and just bogus, pointless for reasons making no sense at all.
On the other hand, Far cry Primal fits perfectly to make those gimmicky stuff really unique, realistic, in depth, and assumimg there shall be no guns, the concept has caught my attention simply for the thought of survival experience with different equipments and features which 'makes sense for the setting', the story, and missions to experience the ultimate prehistoric game.
Just wish Ubisoft takes this seriously, and doesn't dumb it down for shitty casuals. I commend Ubi for the effort to provide something unique and give the fans of Far cry, something different to enjoy from FC3/4 bullshit.
:hahyou:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
ARK is only in alpha and it's already way better than anything Ubi could ever come close to producing.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're not INCLOOSIVE, they're raycist toward the africans by potraying them as savages! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE!

Fucking racist Ubishit is potraying africans as savages!

:mob:

:troll::martini:
They already did that in Far Cry 2 African Savage Boogaloo.

tormund

Arcane
It will be same old Ubisoft open world gameplay formula all over again, only because of zany setting we are now expected to feign excitement and call it "refreshing", "unique", "different", "brave", and if not then we are "haters that automatically hate on Ubisoft because its cool".

Choice of settings was never the issue with Ubisoft open world games... everything else is.

Athelas

Arcane
As much as I dislike his voice, he might just be the only voice actor in the business who could accurately convey the evolutionary track of the vocal cords of primitive humans.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Sorry but Far Cry 2 is definitivly not a masterpiece. It has fun missions, nice gunplay a really good settings and some well designed levels, but the rest of the game is terrible. The AI was fucking stupid, the stealth was broken, the secondary missions were all the same, and the world besides being empty with just the annoying checkpoints was full of invible walls even in the explorable area.
Far Cry 3/4 weren't better but they were more fun. They had some legitimate, non-scripted moments of pure chaos and fun. Far Cry 2 didn't.

Now about Far Cry Primal. First, since the begining of the PS3/XBOX 360 there hasn't been one single chanllenging game from Ubisoft. This game, unless they decide to implement a well designed survival mode, will be no different. Second, a 50 hour long game where the only thing you'll do is just killing shaggy elephants and weirdly out of place tribal africans, doesn't sound very appeling to me. Third, don't expect a different, unique and refrenshing experience just because it's a different setting. Like any other Ubisoft game it will consist of a chore grinder, of time consuming, repetive and useless optional content.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Sorry but Far Cry 2 is definitivly not a masterpiece. It has fun missions, nice gunplay a really good settings and some well designed levels, but the rest of the game is terrible. The AI was fucking stupid, the stealth was broken, the secondary missions were all the same, and the world besides being empty with just the annoying checkpoints was full of invible walls even in the explorable area.
I wouldn't call the gunplay nice, all the enemies are massive bullet sponges. FC3 is way better at that.

It has the potential to become the best Far cry for its survival nature being the main focus, just like the Far cry 2 experience, which I consider a masterpiece.

:lol: :lol: Where the fuck y'all niggaz coming from? If Far Cry 2 is a masterpiece then so is Oblivion.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I wouldn't call the gunplay nice, all the enemies are massive bullet sponges. FC3 is way better at that.

When I talk gunplay, I usually refer to weapon balance, how they behave, customization. You know accuary, maximum damage, maximum range, damage decrease with range increase, recoil, rate of fire, bullet velocity, spread, the influence of modifications (atachements) on weapons, and balance between all weapons. And Far Cry 2 was not bad in that.

Sul

Savant
When it comes to open world shooters where the player can approach from almost anywhere the enemies need to be bullet sponges. Wet tissue enemies, that you would find in a linear shooter, wouldn't have time to react, meanwhile bullet sponges have, making the whole experience more challenging. If you want to dispose of enemies quickly before they react then plan carefully beforehand and aim for the head.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I recently played Far Cry 2 again and while there is simply too much wrong with it, it still does one thing that puts it miles above its sequels. How the fuck they thought that nerving the propagation of fire was a good idea is beyond me. At least blowing up a fuel drum or playing around with a flamethrower in FC2 results in spectacular results. Nothing like having to run from your own handmade inferno.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom