Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Astral Rag

Arcane
Looks like users will still have to tweak Q3's cfg themselves if they want to play the game in 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions. :roll:

Some great screenshots on the store page:
0f8e7e061eb9db0d9327d81f1cd7621708c777728b2fee1eb02c400f2cb5a314.jpg

d3e982fee1a8fbfeff7bb435cd8da97bb4eff56114e02da3478f095d137c5df8.jpg

such care wow

catfood, the price is absurd and Steam is charging even more

9syix1U.png

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I love both games and I still play both with some regularity, UT99 looked great but at the same time it also managed to look almost archaic compared to Quake 3.

To youngfags: those Gog screenshots don't do the game justice, I'm not sure what kind of potatoes they're smoking at Gog HQ these days but it must be strong stuff.

Last edited:

grudgebringer

So, seems like Q1 & Q2 are now have their appropriate soundtracks in place. At least they say so on the inner forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky

Arcane
Weekend sale. 32 'Activision' games this time at 66% off. Quest for Glory, Space Quest, King's Quest, Police Quest, Pharaoh, Caesar 3, Zeus, Arcanum, Krondor, Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption, Swat 3, Interstate, Phantasmagoria, Gabriel Knight, Zork, Call to power 2, Torin's passage, Dark Reign and Spycraft.

Link

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Could be, I just mentioned it in case anyone backed it. I'm not buying it since I'm already having fun with Way of the Samurai 4.

I did back Armikrog and gave it a quick try. Two things:

1) Backers don't get a GoG-key. You need to activate it on Humble Bundle or Steam instead. Not sure why.

2) The game is quite buggy at the moment. Anyone interested might want to wait a bit before purchasing it.

Have you checked with the Armello guys? I am pretty sure they have some GOG keys by now :)

Perkel

Arcane

DaveO

Erudite
The Thief series is on sale this weekend. I'd like to know which of the series "chapters" are good. I'm sure the first one is well worth the price and time, but I don't know about the others.

glasnost

Augur
The first is my favourite game. I think it's essential, and would be pretty suspicious of anyone who couldn't connect with what it offers. The second is more of the same, which is what you would want if you liked the first. They go well together--they are really two sides of the same coin.

The third is probably worth it if you've a continuing interest, but the party was over.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
two was better imo, the original was genius of course but it suffered from some shitty zombie popamole

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Haha, WET! I should still have my CD around somewhere … ah, yes … in Belgium.

The second part of the game was kinda fun.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Thief series is on sale this weekend. I'd like to know which of the series "chapters" are good. I'm sure the first one is well worth the price and time, but I don't know about the others.

Thief 1 and 2 are very similar in quality, although offering minor changes in gameplay. I'd say they're "9/10" games.

Although Thief 3 is a nice game, it's not as enjoyable as its prequels. I'd say it's a "7/10" game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom