Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They hid the HP numbers from the DM? :lol:

Also resistances and probably everything else important as well.

One of the other things we don't know about monsters is any special defensive powers like elemental or poison resistance. I guess DMs just don't need to know that sort of thing.

Seriously wtf is going on with this game? And people still pretend that this isn't a Get Rich scam by the devs?

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Fucksake I pre-ordered this poo after Bubbles said it was fun DM'ing in his preview. Oh well, maybe I'll just play it drunk or something...

Mustawd

Please do..ask for a refund. We need more butthurt in this thread. Each refund adds to the delicious butthurt...muahahaha

Mustawd

Why the fuck would you pre-order anything? Did you think they'd run out?

Who knows. I hardly ever day one purchase anything unless it's a small indie I'm trying to support (aka Whalenought, Craig Stern, Vogel, etc.).

Especially since larger studios are almost guaranteed to publish an EE, Director's Cut, GOTY edition, Gold, whatever. Might a well wait 2-3 years to get the best version in a bundle with all the expansions.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why the fuck would you pre-order anything? Did you think they'd run out?
You can often get a 10% discount, free DLC, Team Fortress 2 hats and similar if you pre order. If you can correctly predict if you will like a game or not you will benefit in the long run if you pre order. And if you don't like the game after all you can get a refund.

This of course assumes that you're not patient enough to wait for the sale/enhanced edition.

Weasel
A suspicious poster stalks the SCL forums, standing up for the rights of casuals and console gamers:

Poll: Equipment Bonus Stacking
xrkJhYO.png

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
You can often get a 10% discount, free DLC, Team Fortress 2 hats and similar if you pre order. If you can correctly predict if you will like a game or not you will benefit in the long run if you pre order. And if you don't like the game after all you can get a refund.

This of course assumes that you're not patient enough to wait for the sale/enhanced edition.

Yeah, this was it pretty much. Got 30% off voucher with Greenman and /retail therapy during shitty week at work.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Except refund goes to your steam balance, not back to real money.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Except refund goes to your steam balance, not back to real money.
You get real money back if you use a non-shitty payment method.

If you have a 3rd world bank you can use that steam wallet to buy the next game you want. If you really need that $40 in your bank account rather than steam you probably shouldn't have spent it on a game in the first place.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Hiding the HP may sound like a lame, cowardly attempt to hide the inner mechanics inconssitences, because their code is such a mess that they are not confident in adjusting it without causing a dozen bugs.

But it hides an even worse reality. It means that they are not trying to get feedback or fix anything, at all. The beta-testing with the community, is a great opportunity to tune up your game, because design and internal test can never do acurate balance, or even fix all bugs. Testing phase is an opportunity to make your game much better. When you obfuscate things from your tester base, it's obvious that for them, this is just an "ordeal" they must go through to get some hype, which is mandatory before release. But nothing else, at least at this point.

Mortmal

Arcane
Bubbles See how the fates of men hang on your every word!
That shows how valuable Bubbles contributions were,how trusted he was . Should have looked more closely to the codex reports photos and noticed the small glint of madness and malevolence in his eyes before he stabs me in the back , should have knew he was up to no good .Madness ? Or an hired assasin of decline i am still not sure...

Ziem

Arbiter
not sure whats more hilarious, the actual game, the retards who seem to like this shit, the more or less obvious trolls, or the naive fools who are genuinely surprised by the fact that this cashgrab is, in fact, a cashgrab
gotta say they did a really good job, im just sitting here and i have all this entertainment for free.

The Fix For The Screwed Up Hp Numbers Was To Hide Hp?
hey thats incline, see neoscavenger :smug:

Lhynn

Arcane
I like games that obscure their mechanics, if you know the rules of an RPG it becomes laugably easy and it takes away from the fun of exploring the components of the game.

Neoscavenger without the wiki is much more fun. Wish the small text adventures didnt have deaths with no way to prevent it other than meta knowledge. Anyone knows if it has been fixed?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Since the game was designed around stacking up 120 AC by level 20, changing the system to "highest bonus only" would screw everything up. People are getting a little unrealistic with their demands a week before launch.

Copper

Savant
That shows how valuable Bubbles contributions were,how trusted he was . Should have looked more closely to the codex reports photos and noticed the small glint of madness and malevolence in his eyes before he stabs me in the back , should have knew he was up to no good .Madness ? Or an hired assasin of decline i am still not sure...

Fuck man, Brother None tried to warn us, why didn't we listen?

If history can teach us one thing, it's never trust a German. They just pretend they were being ironic if you call them on their bullshit.

Weasel
It seems the full build will be released for preorders tomorrow (ahead of the release date on the 20th), so the debate over the awesome stuff being held back will come to an end.

There are still a few important issues for them to consider:
Hi,everyone ^^

SCL is not what i wanted but it's fun and if i can bring mes friends,it will be more fun.So,i'm not totally desperate.

But...i cannot stand the lips in the character creation mode.

Eyes are beautiful,nose is cute and hair are fine but the lips...just ugly.

I know,a lot of things are more important (bugs,lag) but it's hard to play when you don't like your character.

And the game seems no easily modifiable.

Oblivion/Skyrim,the chara design is horrible but thanks to mods,it's not a big problem.

Here,a lack of freedom with mods afraid me.

bat_boro

Arcane
After reading the post above, I can certainly say that aliens can't bomb this planet to hell soon enough. Just let it all end, once and for all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom