Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #71: Director's Cut Released

ArchAngel

Arcane
First thing I noticed is that you still cannot make your 3d models looks like all the portraits game comes with. I don't understand how american brains work.. it must be all the fast food crap you eat too often...

Ramireza

Savant
Before there was an option to toogle between walking and running, thats gone now... Or am i blind?

Fargus

Arcane
First thing I noticed is that you still cannot make your 3d models looks like all the portraits game comes with. I don't understand how american brains work.. it must be all the fast food crap you eat too often...

Customisation still sucks. Is that so hard for them to add a gasmask for male characters? I think they even removed some of the options. But i'm just glad that my characters don't look like crackheads anymore.

http://www.nexusmods.com/wasteland2/mods/36/?
Using them already. Best part? No photos and anime junk.

Not bad. Thanks for the link. I usually just rape google search to get me some post-apocalyptic artwork.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

You can take snapshots of the models though, which is pretty cool.

This thread on the inXile forums has a bunch of really cool portraits btw.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
First thing I noticed is that you still cannot make your 3d models looks like all the portraits game comes with.

Yeah, that bugs me out.

I don't understand how american brains work.. it must be all the fast food crap you eat too often...

Agree, American brains have declined so much, someone should try to make America great again.

Last edited:

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Managed to do AG Center just fine, went back up to Ranger HQ and now the game crashes every time I want to leave.=(

EDIT: Tried reloading an earlier save, left AG Center and this time the game crashed while trying to enter a random encounter. Again, same thing, saw like half a centimeter of the loading bar on the load screen and everything stopped and shut down.

Verifying the integrity of the cache did nothing.

Finally I just reinstalled the whole thing and so far so good. Managed to leave Ranger HQ and continue with the game.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Been playing this all afternoon and I have to say that it is pretty good, the quirks were meh, there are a couple of interesting perks and the vats knockoff has hardly been used but will probably become more useful as my chats get more skilled with their weapons
I was seriously questioning it it was worth it to replay but surprisingly I am having a lot of fun so far... Even deleated my Older install

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I only finished the first half of Wasteland 2 on original release and am starting the game up again now. let Highpool die, investigating the wreckage now.

you know the one thing that bothers me most about this game? wandering enemies. I don't like that I have to combine tactical pre-planning with twitch scrolling-and-ambushing. I really wish these dudes, or at least their aggro zones, would -sit still- while I positioned my squad. as is, it seems like often the best thing to do is to sprint in close, drop to my knees and ambush whoever's most dangerous, rather than doing sensible things like trying to find cover for each squadmate. 'cause...when they pace around, they'll see me, and I'll lose whatever advantage I was aiming for. and probably reload.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Game's crashing.=(
Yeah, game crashes for me too, can't play it unless that's resolved. Early indications seem to tie it to DX11 and/or AMD GPUs, and the inventory/character screens. Some have a hard time starting the game in DX11, some have crashes in-game.

InXile did fuck up DX11 on the original release, so it was disabled in the end. Seems DX11 is still something of a challenge for them.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which is a mystery on its own, given that is what engines like Unity are for to begin with.
They shouldn't have any issues there, really. I doubt they use bleeding edge shader technologies. It doesn't look like that, anyway.

Also... can't you switch to OpenGL on Windows?
Or do only other platforms get the bonus of non-MS rendering?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Portrait selection is also severely limited, for no good reason because there must be at least 3 times as many portraits in-game being used by NPCs. And it being used by NPCs is not a problem for them since of the few you can select for your rangers, plenty of them are also used by random NPCs and even important characters.

It's one of those things you simply can't understand.

Kalasanty11

Learned
Game's crashing.=(
Hell, at least you were able to install it. Steam tells me that entire download has only 370 MB and game of course fails to launch. Do I really have to pirate a game I had legally bought to play it?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Which is a mystery on its own, given that is what engines like Unity are for to begin with.
They shouldn't have any issues there, really. I doubt they use bleeding edge shader technologies. It doesn't look like that, anyway.

Also... can't you switch to OpenGL on Windows?
Or do only other platforms get the bonus of non-MS rendering?

Exactly, I have no clue why InXile had DX11 issues with the original version, but they did and .. I just don't know. They're aware of the crashes in the Director's Cut on AMD hardware, so maybe they'll get around to fixing it.

Wish that I could switch to OpenGL, I much prefer it to D3D, but yeah.. Not available on the Windows version of Wasteland 2 as far as I know. Which is also inexplicable really.. Unity supports it and other games such as Hearthstone use OpenGL on Windows and it's also Unity based.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
images

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hell, at least you were able to install it. Steam tells me that entire download has only 370 MB and game of course fails to launch. Do I really have to pirate a game I had legally bought to play it?

That doesn't sound like the game's fault. Try this:

verify_2.png

Kalasanty11

Learned
That doesn't sound like the game's fault. Try this:
Thanks, I'll try that, but Brother None himself replied to me on Reddit that "A few users are having this problem, we're investigating it but no known workaround".
EDIT: Yup, not working.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom