Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game should install

Jason Liang

Arcane
I dropped my laptop and broke my hard drive and lost everything.

So now I have a completely virgin hard drive, no games on it whatsoever.

Which games should I install first? This actually happened, it's not a hypothetical.

Troika:
Arcanum
Bloodlines
Temple of Elemental Evil

Paradox:
EU III
EU IV
Victoria II
CK II
City Skylines

Sierra:
Jagged Alliance 2

HBS:
Dragonfall
Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Black Isle:
NWN

Alicesoft:
Sengoku Rance
Big Bang Age
Kichikou Rance

SMAX
Sid Meier's Pirates

Besides City Skylines, CK II and Victoria II, I've already played all these games and completed many of them, so this would be for a 2nd, 3rd or more playthrough. I'm open to suggestions for new games but not much else interests me these days. Invisible Inc is wonderful but I already got tired of it.

Courtier

Prophet
First install the age-old freeware called ''thinking for yourself'', proceed from there.

I'm open to suggestions for new games but not much else interests me these days
Just those listed? Maybe videogames are not for you. Try knitting, or bingo. I got some nice-ass shampoo at the last bingo night I went to, I tell ye whot

Fargus

Arcane
What i would install.

Troika:
Arcanum
Bloodlines

Temple of Elemental Evil

Paradox:
EU III
EU IV
Victoria II

CK II
City Skylines

Sierra:
Jagged Alliance 2

HBS:
Dragonfall
Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Black Isle:
NWN

Alicesoft:
Sengoku Rance
Big Bang Age
Kichikou Rance

SMAX
Sid Meier's Pirates

Black Isle:
NWN

Black Isle?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I honestly don't get the purpose of these kind of threads and there is a new one every other week. 'Duh I dunno wat to play guise' and then people randomly drop names of games, play this, play that.

Go through the Codex Top 70 list and just pick a bunch of games and play them, how hard can it be.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I just want a few games installed and ready to play. These are the games that I'm ambivalent about right now; part of me wants to play them and part of me doesn't (especially the Alicesoft games since all my achievements/ character clears got wiped out). The games that I didn't list I have no desire to play at all.

Leaning more towards Arcanum but I do this dance every few months with that game and it always ends in disappointment usually by Tarant.

I'm mostly looking for inspiration of a fresh, interesting and challenging way to play an old classic. For example, I listed EU III since I want to do a Papal States game with that, which I haven't done before. That's likely why I brainstormed so many "sandboxy" games. Is there an interesting way to play Star Control 2/ UQM?

visions

Arcane
Install Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. Try it and uninstall if you don't like it.

Overboard

Arcane
So now I have a completely virgin

Sdsz24B.jpg

Rance is the only appropriate answer.

Old Hans

Arcane
Crusader Kings 2 & Jagged Alliance 2. Even if you don't play them, it will make you proud to be an american

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom