Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Cynicus

Augur
Vault Dweller, is there a high res version of this pic that I could get my filthy mitts on? Would love to have it on my desktop.

163636.png

Congratulations, ITS! Be Thursday in a few minutes here, and now I see all is well in the world again. Did my solemn duty and spread the word on the only other forum I frequent off and on; hopefully some of the declined ingrates will come seeking the light.

M0RBUS

Augur
I can't believe it's here.
I'm gonna play this game so hard it's not even funny.

Speaking of hard, the combat is not necessarily difficult. All you have to do is know your strengths. The tutorial is ridiculously easy with some skillsets, and absolutely impossible with others. But 2 hours in, I'm loving the game, omfg.
Seriously, can't believe it's here.

Cadmus

Arcane
I was kinda expecting the whole Internet to explode with buzz about the game and all I can hear is crickets :/

Not sure if I want to do a talky or a fighting character. THE TYRANNY OF CHOICES.

I've been planning to play the merchant since 2013 but I keep hearing so many good things about the combat. It seems a waste to not utilize all the cool weapons and armors... But also there's one game I trust to have a fully fleshed out non-combat path. What do? Captain William Shatner once asked this question: To kill or to not kill?

That is the question.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
What is this, some kind of family reunion? I don't recognise the Codex anymore. The Ancients logging in, omnipresent kissing, cuddling and canoodling.
It's... beautiful.

As for the commercial reception - AoD's climbing the charts, or so it would seem.

sd6elDB.jpg

lO1z7Xl.jpg

:brodex:I'm glad this day finally came. I finally have a valid reason to once more be glued to my computer for days on end and know that I won't be disappointed.

Now if only Cleve can hurry up and finish his shit :smug:

deuxhero

Arcane
Interesting to see the launch going so well (and not just on the Codex). Steam Spy documented pretty clearly in the past you only get one launch and most "full" releases after ea do little to boost a game's sales.

Wonder what's different here. The two year early access period? Changes to the steam storefront? Are people just that excited for a game like AoD?

kmdqnruuxf.png

Steamspy will need a week to get actual data.

I got the game during the Summer Sale and didn't really play it because the final release was soon. I'll give it another week now that there's a lot of people playing who will be finding bugs.

Now that the text is more or less final, does the team have any plans to get the game translated?

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Congratulations guys.
Wonder what's different here. The two year early access period? Changes to the steam storefront? Are people just that excited for a game like AoD?

They played Wasteland 2, Pillars and Divinity, and a memory of the alpha of AoD stirred deeply in their minds. Thats what probably happened.

Fuck I thought Underrail was coming out first. Lost that bet.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck yes and 1000 brofists to ITS team.
currently 3rd on gog right after TW3 and its expansion.
13th place on steam top selling chart

I told you VD. No one wants to play unfinished EA game and spoil their fun for full game.
I assume this will get something like 300-400k first year. with mln+ after 2-3 years

Vault Dweller don't fucking lower price you dickhead. RPGs and especially good fucking RPGs have holy shit long longs. If you will lower your price quickly it will only bite you in ass.

:excellent:

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

People (on steam especially) like to buy on sale. It's a good decision imho.

Perkel

Arcane
People (on steam especially) like to buy on sale. It's a good decision imho.

yeah it is great if you have platformer no one wants to play which will forgoten next month for all eternity.
If VD wants to make money he should keep price at 20$ for a long time and then lower it.

Point is that RPGs have super long legs compared to any other genre.

To make this point clearer. You can now walk in to empic store (biggest general goods retail chain in poland) in poland and buy Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 almost 20 years after release same with Fallout 1/2.

More money to VD = more incline.

Saduj

Arcane
Congratulations to all at Iron Tower!

Now get back to work. We'll be expecting that colony ship game next Thursday......

deuxhero

Arcane
Steamspy's "also owned" data
nksqjfidjr.png
:hmmm:

Past this it's largely titles that have been in a bundle, have been given away or are otherwise extremely common (Orange Box ect.) and would be true for most games or hits low enough similar percent isn't worth much. Bloodlines is, curiously, just ahead of Fallout 3 though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom