Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition officially coming on October 27th, gets combat trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

Earlier this month, Larian Studios and publisher Focus Home Interactive announced that the release date for the console version of the Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition would be October 27th, which wasn't very surprising. For some reason, they chose not to announce the release date for the PC version, although they did confirm on Twitter a few days later that it was the same. I believe today's press release, which introduces a swanky new trailer focusing on the myriad possibilities of the game's combat system, may be the first official announcement. Check it out:

Larian Studios' multi-award winning RPG is nearing release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Having revealed the online and offline cooperative features with its Co-op Trailer, today's Combat Trailer introduces a new generation to the combat of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Discover how turn-based combat performs effortlessly on gamepads thanks to the intuitive control system and UI designed for consoles.

The combat in Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, is both torturously tactical, or bright and breezy! It just depends on your play-style and the level of difficulty you picked. The Enhanced Edition comes with three new difficulty modes: Honor, Tactician, and Explorer, each offering a new, tailor-made experience honing on different play-styles.

Take advantage of crowd control spells such as petrify, charm, and freeze - required in the harder difficulty settings, or simply ignite, enflame, poison, and electrify your way through the world - zapping water under-foot to shock, or engulfing the enemy in flames by igniting a near-by oil barrel.

It's all about using the skills at your party's disposal to supplement each of their player-defined roles. Although featuring 12 classes (including a new class, the Inquisitor), Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition is really classless. You can mix and match as you develop your characters, chaining abilities and taking advantage of environmental aspects such as water, ice, oil on the floor, and steam clouds, things like that.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 27.
Check out these AAAwesome console pre-order bonuses! I wonder why the Wasteland 2 Director's Cut didn't need to have this nonsense.

Good trailer. Got the game from Original Sin 2 kickstarter and hope the keys will be delivered on time.

Cadmus

Arcane
I find myself not caring about any of these fucking games all of a sudden.
Can we close the forum down? Fuck it, AoD is here, decline is over, let's pack up and go home.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So that's two 'Designed for gamepads' in 20 seconds and then finish with 'Play on PS4 and Xbox One'.
Should I start saving for a console to play D:OS2, then?

Swen, you wound me :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Haven't played since it first came out where I stopped at the very last area because I hadn't found all the blood stones or whatever. Will probably give it a try with all the new improvements that have been made both in this edition and the interim. It's miles better than the Div 2/DKS and Dragon Commander.

Durante

Learned
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I find myself not caring about any of these fucking games all of a sudden.
Can we close the forum down? Fuck it, AoD is here, decline is over, let's pack up and go home.
AoD is great, but its combat is nothing to write home about compared to D:OS.

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Good trailer. Got the game from Original Sin 2 kickstarter and hope the keys will be delivered on time.
Yeah, it would be neat if they gave us the keys before the release of the Enhanced Edition but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until D:OS2 is finished to unleash all that goodness at the same time (which would be a shame imo).

Korben

Novice
The only thing that turned me off about this game really was the lighthearted story, and it's not Larins fault because that's what they set out to do. So now I'm curious, since they rewrote a bunch of the story, if they took out some of the goofy overtones. At any rate, I'm ready to dive into this shit again.

Desur

Educated
Patron
BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
According to Larian the backers that are to receive D:OS keys will get them as soon as the Larian Vault is ready, from the looks of it sometime later this week (or maybe next), just in time for the EE release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom