Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Sannom

Augur
Disagree. The attempt to keep everything balanced made a lot of things boring.
We don't know much, but everything suggests Rich Taylor did a fine job with DS3. Not talking about the game itself, mind you, just that you said stuff would've been cut or delayed to the expansion pack. The fact Rich Taylor has been leading an unannounced project for 3 years now reinforces that.
Isn't Rich Taylor the lead, or at least a very important member of the Armored Warfare team?

Fairfax

Arcane
Isn't Rich Taylor the lead, or at least a very important member of the Armored Warfare team?
Apparently he is, yes. Guess his LinkedIn page is outdated. Anyway, shows he did enough of a good job to lead Obsidian's largest project in years (perhaps ever), even though it's.....that.

Neanderthal

Arcane
To be honest thats one point where I think they really dropped ball, in most games Elves and Dwarves can breed wi Men which makes em just another race o humanity, but in Poe they can't which makes em another species. Yet they've integrated seemingly without a problem or any conflict, whereas most competitive species in nature either wipe each other out or just outbreed the competition. This needs some real explanation, and why did these species integrate wi humans cultures without any fuss or bother? Rings a bit rum in my humble.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The integration with elves happened in Aedyr centuries ago. They can expand on it in future titles, maybe there are still regional rivalries and stuff.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Did I miss something about these adventures? Aren't they just "click button in stronghold to assign unused NPC and receive a few coins a day later"? Nothing to boast about, surely.

Well, people asked Obsidian for "more Stronghold content", and they've now technically fulfilled that promise.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did I miss something about these adventures? Aren't they just "click button in stronghold to assign unused NPC and receive a few coins a day later"? Nothing to boast about, surely.

I think this implies that there will be actual content behind them. None of the stronghold adventures were named before like they were quests or tasks.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
What kind of "content" would you expect in the context of stronghold adventures? More quest description text?

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What kind of "content" would you expect in the context of stronghold adventures? More quest description text?
The logical thing to expect would be quests of a very small scale (so they can develop a sufficient amount of them). I'm asuming this type of adventures wouldn't be like the ones that already are in the game, for the companions you're not using, but for the party to directly intervine.

Edit:

And I'm totally wrong:

Tg34593.png

Not to be too dismisive before knowing anything about it but... what's the fucking point then? This means scripted interactions at best.

Last edited:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So they just gave names to the quests that you send your companions on from the stronghold? I feel like I've just been given the finger.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
That COULD work, should they put at least some effort in it. Like, send several members of your inactive team from the stronghold on a quest and then they will interact with your party at some points of your travels, you get messages, requests, even combats or non-hostive events representing that other party progress. But how, honestly, will do such a thing? Better pull some names out of your ass and use biowhore approach of "Wait 6 hours, receive ten coppers and an iron buckler"

In other words, I will wait for PoE 2 and hope that it'll repeat Baldur's Gate path and will be what BG2 was to BG1 and "makes things right".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I look forward to all the people who demanded more stronghold content getting monkey's paw'd.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I fear that PE2 will go largely in the opposite direction that many people expect (wouldn't be surprised if they go full per-encounters only instead of less of them).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I fear that PE2 will go largely in the opposite direction that many people expect (wouldn't be surprised if they go full per-encounters only instead of less of them).

Perhaps this is for the best. As shown in my large quotes thread, Sawyer promised real strategic gameplay, but the limited capabilities of Obsidian's designers and internal playtesters ended up giving us a different kind of illusion, one that received a negative reaction from both scrubs and grogs. If we can't have it, just remove it, and (here's the important part) make a game with no or almost no "look at how awesome you are" filler battles. Obsidian is so bad at playing games that I'm sure their non-filler will often feel like such to good players.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just like in DA:I, basically.

Or Maybe...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9818
Tim Cain said:
I’m playing World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor because I have to see how the garrison system works. I just wanted to see it to compare it to our stronghold.

421975.jpg

For those who don't know.. this concept of Facebook style auto complete missions failed miserably and Blizzard is dropping them completely..

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
OMG, this second (part of, whatever) expansion is shaping up to be such a pile of shit...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Josh: A lot of people really hate stronghold content.

Forums: Lies! We love stronghold content!

Josh: Okay, here's some stronghold content.

Forums: How dare you, please kill yourself ASAP!

Josh should just stop posting on forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom