Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Renowned Explorers - XCOM for kids

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
From the developers of Reus comes an XCOM like game:

http://www.renownedexplorers.com/

Looks like XCOM gameplay made for 5 year olds.

Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqfB6hu-xTU

3j3nmje.jpg

sptQz2o.png

50SmbX8.png

LV0uOmx.png

Last edited:

Norfleet

I wouldn't judge a game's target audience purely by its art style. Otherwise you'll end up like those people who show Japanese cartoons to kids, thinking "cartoons are for kids".

Gord

Arcane
Came across that game recently, got released about one month ago, I think?
I don't dig the art style much, but the game itself looks as if it could be good fun for some light gaming in between other stuff.
Anyone here playing it?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Well, people on the internet say it's decent but RNG-heavy and hence the difficulty is uneven.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Came across that game recently, got released about one month ago, I think?
I don't dig the art style much, but the game itself looks as if it could be good fun for some light gaming in between other stuff.
Anyone here playing it?
Looks much better than half year ago.

Eyeball

Arcane
X-Com For Kids is fucking bullshit. RE is not just a good game, it's a challenging roguelike with a WAY deeper combat system than NuXcom.

I definitely recommend it.

Gord

Arcane
Can someone compare it to Curious Expedition?
Obviously, RE is out, CE is still in EA/Alpha, so RE is currently the more logical choice, but the somewhat more serious tone of CE makes it look more interesting to me.

Lucky

Arcane
It's also held on to the number five spot on GOG for the last few days, despite not being on sale. It completely pales in comparison to Reus, their previous game, though. That's sold ~800.000 copies on Steam alone.

Aside that, they released some free DLC recently and are going to keep adding smaller bits for the rest of the year.
title_mali.png

Since our release in September we have had a very positive response by a community full of Renowned Explorers. For us developers it's great to be in the forums when people are so appreciative of the game we've been working on so hard. And many of you are helpful in making the community a nice place. This response inspired us to expand upon the game with a new expedition, available now as a one-time free DLC, which is automatically downloaded.

You'll find the Mali Mystery is a level 2 expedition. This means it's available as a choice right after completing your random starter expedition.

Except for this large content boost, we'll be updating the game with smaller updates every two weeks for the rest of 2015. These will focus on balance, but might contain new secrets and adventures too :)

You'll meet new characters and discover fresh adventures and treasures in a set of new environments in Mali.
hyena.gif

On top of this we've added Leaderboards. You'll find them in the main menu. They'll show a list of all your own campaigns, both successful and failed ones. But what is more interesting to aspiring World Famous Explorers is that you can now also compare your best scores with the best scores of your Steam friends. Time to start thinking about your optimal strategy with Ivan!

Now, it's time to start discovering all the new mysteries in Mali. We hope you'll enjoy it! If so, please consider writing a positive review and leaving a comment in the Community Hub. That always helps and shows us we should do this more often ;)

Go find yourself some treasures, explorer!

J1M

Arcane
More like FTL for kids without the charm or quality game design of FTL.

Eyeball

Arcane
....what? How is RE remotely resembling FTL, apart from the fact that both games are iron-man only? There's, like, zero common ground whatsoever.

Archibald

Arcane
It seams that there is some strong desire to label this game "X for kids" based solely on the graphics and some superficial similarity. Codex at its finest.

Renegen

Arcane
Lol you lost in the last fight. The game is supposed to make you rethink all of your decisions because the last fight is so hard... that's what a roguelite is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom