Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

(POLL) Have you played Age of Decadence?

Have you played the game yet?

• Yes - multiple times!

Votes: 66 50.4%
  • I'm playing it right now.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • I've purchased it and will play it as soon as I have time.

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • I'm waiting for the GOTY edition.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • [streetwise] I have "acquired" it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm still on the fence.

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • No and I don't plan on it.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I think it's time for this poll.

valcik

Arcane
Waited for official release, lumbering through Maadoran right now. Gonna outplay the very binary shit out of this gaem, I'm hooked!

:takemymoney:

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
[Word of Honour] I have "acquired" it. Feel guilty but I plan on doing a review on it for Vault BR.
Swore to myself I would play it original, but dollar at 4 reais? Fug that, that makes AoD cost like 100 reais. That's a fuckload of money.
This is what happens when you vote for the left. My country is undergoing a Age of Decadence right now.
We had a choice. Had.

You are a stingy bastard. The game is 55,99 reais on steam. I just checked.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Waiting for complete content dlcs before play~

No DLC but we have some cool updates planned. A sneak peek of the upcoming update:

- Added a conversation with a loremaster in Ganezzar tavern.
- Continued Basil's questline, with extra fights and monetary rewards.
- Added 3 contenders for the arena championship.
- Added more training opportunities, especially when part of a faction.
- Added a talker way past Hermon's gang.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm playing it too much. Today while coming to work I saw a weird guy wearing a hat with a flap all around it for sun protection and I immediately thought he'd come out of the desert looking for artifacts. Then further along I see two aboriginals sitting on a bench annoying a dog that was barking from across the street by imitating it. Ofc I then thought of a combat encounter with them if I told them to stfu.
Might need a bit of a break lol.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i know right my nigga yesterday i was doing some errands and i was just teleporting around town

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

A much appreciated option, that fight can be quite tricky even for moderately combat-capable characters (much easier if you lure them out to one of the shacks and take them out one at a time by abusing nets and funneling them through a choke point, like a doorway).

Lest I forget - could you please consider adding a few alternative solutions here and there? For instance:
- the Arch. The only option here is to *convince* the Oracle to send his followers to their glorious demise. Threatening the Oracle (bodycount check?) or even forcefully pushing him into the portal (strength check) would greatly expand the already existing array of solutions in a logical way.

- is it possible to find Al-Akia without relying on Meru? I can't shake the feeling an option to decipher the coordinates on your own (with Abukar's help, maybe? plus assuming one has the astrolabe in his possession, of course) should definitely be there. It's kind of jarring to obtain the aformentioned coordinates without the game ever acknowledging it in any way (or until a very specific point (much) later on, assuming you've pledged your allegiance to a specific faction).

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
A much appreciated option, that fight can be quite tricky even for moderately combat-capable characters (much easier if you lure them out to one of the shacks and take them out one at a time by abusing nets and funneling them through a choke point, like a doorway).

Lest I forget - could you please consider adding a few alternative solutions here and there? For instance:
- the Arch. The only option here is to *convince* the Oracle to send his followers to their glorious demise. Threatening the Oracle (bodycount check?) or even forecfully pushing him into the portal (strength check) would greatly expand the already existing array of solutions in a logical way.

- is it possible to find Al-Akia without relying on Meru? I can't shake the feeling an option to decipher the coordinates on your own (with Abukar's help, maybe? plus assuming one has the astrolabe in his possession, of course) should definitely be there. It's kind of jarring to obtain the aformentioned coordinates without the game ever acknowledging it in any way (or until a very specific point (much) later on, assuming you've pledged your allegiance to a specific faction).

The arch will be tweaked in November's update :)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've done 3 playthroughs since the game was released.

This is much appreciated. My pure combat character got through no problem, but my hybrid assassin couldn't beat the fight and had to pay, and my non-combat praetor didn't have enough money for me to bother getting past.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom