Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HOMM 2 vs HOMM 3

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

baturinsky

Arcane
I don't want 6-8 to be like Xeen or Xeen to be like 6-8. They are all interesting and unique in their own rights.

Orzie

Arbiter
I actually thought about a full graphic conversion of MM6 sometime, given that with the development of H3SW we will have a lot of MM6-inspired assets already, disregarding lack of animations for H2 creatures.
That's a shitty example done in 2 minutes, without changed interfaces and textures though.

TkWuzbCXMAM.jpg

However, given that we now have a fully functional location editor from GrayFace, making an expansion for original MM6-8 games seems to be a better deal IMO. Somewhere, sometime...

octavius

Arcane
Patron
One thing I missed in HoMM3 was the Crusaders' bonus against the Undead.
It could make some maps more strategic, when you are fighting on several fronts and you have to decide which armies to send where, and it makes sense to use the Knight troops against Necros.
Also, few things are more satisfying than seeing those Crusaders slice their way through Bone Dragons like a warm knife through butter.

Orzie

Arbiter
The Crusaders were also resistant to Curse, yes - to underline their holy character. We are gonna have it all.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I don't know if anyone is still speaking of HoMM3, but I wondered if mods were compatible with the GOG Complete version ? If so, which one do you guys suggest ?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I don't know if anyone is still speaking of HoMM3, but I wondered if mods were compatible with the GOG Complete version ? If so, which one do you guys suggest ?
Horn of the Abyss is a very good mod that adds a new pirate-themed faction and overhauls the game engine with many useful improvements. I can confirm it's compatible with GOG's HoMM3 Complete.

Orzie

Arbiter
Alive and kicking.

Are you porting just the MP maps? How does the map generator work with the H2 assets?
The maps are fully recreated from scratch, all by hand save the terrains. It's even easier if the map is already *h3m.

It doesn't matter if the asset belongs to H2 or not, it's all about the actual passability of an object.

Dux

Arcane
Why haven't I heard of this until now? Listen, I'm anything but a druggie, but if the HoMM2 aesthetic was a drug, I'd inject. I'd inject.

... What I mean is I'm looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.

Jinn

Arcane
I actually thought about a full graphic conversion of MM6 sometime, given that with the development of H3SW we will have a lot of MM6-inspired assets already, disregarding lack of animations for H2 creatures.
That's a shitty example done in 2 minutes, without changed interfaces and textures though.

TkWuzbCXMAM.jpg

However, given that we now have a fully functional location editor from GrayFace, making an expansion for original MM6-8 games seems to be a better deal IMO. Somewhere, sometime..

Please do this some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom