Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

wjw

Augur
C - Zayan should keep her energy up for important business. +M
B - Building things. We are good at fighting. Very bad at putting our hands to work.
C - We are an evil overlord. After you kill one of those, they always have a second life. We should work on that skill.
A - Children are the future.

lightbane

Arcane
Welp. The Codex has arrived to a conclusion about what to do now. Hopefully the Adventurers/other enemies will wait for a while before attacking the village in mass numbers.

Also, I believe a good use for the combat golem would be to serve as a fancy training device for the goblins and the twins alike, whenever it is not defending the village/assisting the other golems/accompanying us somewhere else.

A - Children are the future.

Lame. Good Overlords worried about the future invest in immortality, genetic manipulation and mass clonation (or all three at once), for more efficient alternatives than children. Although in our case, it wouldn't surprise me if Angels can live way longer than the average human (provided they're not killed).

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Babies and regenaration doesn't fit well together. If we go for babies then we should have either an early warning system for reaction time or portable summoning circles for quick getaway. I'd prefer we don't go for babies just yet, not until we have a well defended fortress to keep those babies for falling out to wrong hands.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why would one have any bearing on the other? :?

It's not an instantaneous process... though this is Zayan we are talking about.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
We have a timeskip coming so it might be instantaneous from player perspective. Our golems might do a bit of building but that's nowhere near enough secure for me.

All I'm saying that those babies need protection unless we want to hand out our species' strengths and weaknesses on a platter to our enemies. There are other (mad) scientists out there than Zayan.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Betrayal

It does not work. Regardless of what you do, or what Zayan does, it refuses to engage in any sort of exertion. It remains inert, not frigidly stiff, but lazily soft. It is inactive. Passive. Indolent. Slothful. Despite its elegant lines, it is all form and no function. It does not, in the way you desire it to the most, work.

Zayan takes one look at your face and mutters cautiously, with the slightest hint of disappointment creeping into her voice, “This was unexpected. I will… research it. Good night for now, and do not worry, I will keep it a secret from the others.” Then, she creeps out the way she came in, leaving you behind to stare blankly at the one who had failed you when you needed it the most. Your most trusted partner who had been with you since birth. Had all those years of careful preservation and care meant nothing to the traitorous worm?

“At such a young age, boy?” says Barbatos. “You have my sympathies.”

A. If that is how it is, that is how it shall be. It is a shame but it is a shame that you must temporarily accept. Perhaps time will mend matters. In the meantime, you do have many more important things to attend to, such as figuring out how to best survive in this strange new world you have been thrown into. You cannot afford to waste time on your personal issues, and one that does not appear to be life endangering, at that.

B. This is unacceptable. You will not let this stand. Well, you will let it stand again, one way or another, but you will not sit by and allow yourself to be subjected to this indignity. From being blown up to being turned into a monster, then sent all the way to another world, and now this... this ailment, you have been toyed with enough. Complacency shall no longer be the throne you laze upon: a solution to this problem will be your primary goal from now on.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Well, I get your point, but we need more data before doing anytihng else. We don't know if the offspring will have valuable abilities with such diluted blood, how many children will be made from the event, if it will have any telling features, if it will be sentient at all to start (it wouldn't be past Z to create a mindless monster I believe), or if Erd won't be cockblocked at the last moment.

EDIT: Oh gawd, an update right after I post. And as expected it ends poorly. :lol:

Just to know, how "important" will such goal be considered if we choose B? How much will it block us from doing other stuff? Because it is a given the Codex will immediately dogpile on B without hesitation.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Jesus. I thought Wist's death was bad, but this?

The Gods will pay for this treachery! :argh:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbetrayal!

This LP sucks!!
:M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just to know, how "important" will such goal be considered if we choose B? How much will it block us from doing other stuff?

Very important to Erdrick, personally, and it will impact his psyche should you choose to be psychologically affected by this setback. As it is not a goal that can be achieved by just sitting in Grahferde and waiting for the solution to drop in your lap, you will, as the choice suggests, have to be very active in finding the answer. For example, you might want to track down an angel to ask them just what is up with your dong, or visit monster species with powerful aphrodisiacs so Zayan can get a sample, that sort of thing. At points you might find yourself doing much the same things you might be doing otherwise, just with a very different bent to it. :M

lightbane

Arcane
Erd had a very stressful time these days so it's understandable his body is still exhausted and stressed (treave did warn us about that, if I recall correctly). Just let it be and let a few days pass before trying with a "test drive" with his left hand (or right one, if he wants to try something new).:M
Perhaps it's just a matter of time, he's still young even by human standards, so it may be necessary waiting some time until his body is fully mature, be it weeks, months, years or even hundred of years, if he's unlucky. :lol:
Either way, obsessing about it will only make matters worse, to the point of potentially allowing the enemy to catch us with out pants down (in every sense of the word).

Therefore, I say A. Sooner or later Zayan will develop her F.S.E.M. (Forceful Seed Extraction Machine) and by that point it will be Mercant's last of his worries. :P

ScubaV

Prophet
Haha nice one treave! I'm guessing that it's one of two things: 1) while physically mature for a human, Erd is young enough that his angel form is not. Or (and I suspect more likely) 2) he can only be aroused by bloodlust.

Gonna vote A for now. Let Zayan do her thing

Kipeci

Arcane
Very important to Erdrick, personally, and it will impact his psyche should you choose to be psychologically affected by this setback. As it is not a goal that can be achieved by just sitting in Grahferde and waiting for the solution to drop in your lap, you will, as the choice suggests, have to be very active in finding the answer. For example, you might want to track down an angel to ask them just what is up with your dong, or visit monster species with powerful aphrodisiacs so Zayan can get a sample, that sort of thing. At points you might find yourself doing much the same things you might be doing otherwise, just with a very different bent to it. :M
B: An increased fixation on dongs may be suffered to further the cause of the Angel Liberation Front. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Let Zayan do her thing

She has a lot on her plate and your choices generally decide what she prioritizes, so there will be no further advances on her end regarding angel baby making for the foreseeable future should you choose A since you'll be asking her to spend time researching things unrelated to your condition.

ScubaV

Prophet
She has a lot on her plate and your choices generally decide what she prioritizes, so there will be no further advances on her end regarding angel baby making for the foreseeable future should you choose A since you'll be asking her to spend time researching things unrelated to your condition.

Good to know. I might flippity flop then. Well see what other arguments are.

Jester

Arbiter
B

Angel Liberation Front wants you.
Join The Front, Visit exotic places, Meet strange exotic people, THEN KILL THEM.

Look for angel
LV up
Get angel
Profit
Get more angels
Dominate the world with celestial armies

lightbane

Arcane
Well, Erd's fall to the darkness (?) did start by trying to get laid no matter the cost... Then spectacularly backfiring in the most disastrous way possible. So I guess it fits. Unfortunately, we don't know the whereabouts of other Angels except the one that may or may not be at Methuss (a place which we cannot return for the moment), so IMO obsessing about the issue won't help us much. Still, how did Zayan learn that our main character was both an Angel and an unique one to boot? Unless Mercant immediately dropped his fancy clothes upon arriving to Grahferde, she couldn't possibly have enough time to figure out all of this. Granted, perhaps she asked the goblins about the issue, but it's still a bit of a stretch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom