Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

This is interesting. I got a GTX 960 but a crappy i5 750 CPU. I hope I can find a good setting to get above 40 FPS without game looking like crap. Anyone know what kind of graphical settings are most dependant on good CPU?

The i5 750 is still a decent CPU.

Here's a test video using the Witcher 3 and an old GTX 660;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maAucJgUFIc

It performs on par with a stock FX 6300, and only about five fps slower than the modern i3's.

In the video Digital Foundry put out they used an i3 4130 and a 750 ti to surpass both the Xbone and the PS4 in fps and had wiggle room to turn settings up a bit. While your processor is a tad slower (if you haven't overclocked it) than their barebones, your graphics card eats the 750 ti alive. You'll be fine. Turn settings down to high instead of Ultra.

Edit: For that matter 24 inches is about the sweet spot for 1080p. With a 22 inch monitor you could likely get away with 1680 x 1050 or 1680 x 1200 etc and turn the settings all the way up and look good while getting sweet fps. Try it out and see what sticks.

Last edited:
I was hoping they'd learn their lesson with Skyrim and just ditch the RPG elements all together and just make a good FPS shooter with loot and choices. Fingers crossed that they let Arkane make Fallout: Staten Island or something.

Black

Arcane
The shill apologetic nature of the "those bugs are okay, it's okay for bugs to be in bethesda games" was so predictable.

Sykar

Arcane
The shill apologetic nature of the "those bugs are okay, it's okay for bugs to be in bethesda games" was so predictable.

Nothing beats the sheer retardation of the comment "FO 3 was the greatest game of all time" even after you have pointed out the most important of its innumerable flaws which these mouthbreathers dismiss by mere hand waving "I want to shut off my braind during gaming and not think about these complex things".

Retards, retards never change.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
All in this thread are doomed to stay here. Leaving it will result in severe culture shock.
The average gamer is a dumb kid who thinks that a good game is any game he and his dumb friends are excited about because they watched a trailer and it was OMG COOL!

I don't feel any cultural shock when I talk to such people. But neither do I feel like trying to educate them or explain why they wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass. The Codex exists for a reason. We have a fair share of dumbfucks here but those who actually believe that Bethesda, BioWare, Blizzard or any other "AAA" studio still makes (or even tries to make) good games don't come here or at least don't stay for long.

Machocruz

Arcane
What's this? Already 36 reviews on Metacritic but only sitting at 89? It's going to be really interesting to see how they rationalize giving this game GoTY awards when this year there are other AAA games that are superior, higher scoring, and hardkor gaymer approved. It's not like last year when Dragon Age beat out higher scoring games. Bayonetta 2 was a Wii U exclusive, japaction game, which never had a chance, and Dark Souls 2 was a 2hard4plebs jap game that received a lot of backlash from Miyazaki dick suckers Dark Souls fans. This year you have Twitcher 3 "raising the standard for open world RPGs!!!" and "Kojima's swan song. Open world too!" and also the "Hey, us reviewers are hardcore too!" entry with Bloodborne (which can alternatively be used as this year's sacrificial jap game).

Whatever the case, there will be butthurt blood.

EDIT: 91 for Xbone. But no one gives a fuck about that shitcan.

Deleted member 7219

The average gamer is a dumb kid who thinks that a good game is any game he and his dumb friends are excited about because they watched a trailer and it was OMG COOL!

I don't feel any cultural shock when I talk to such people. But neither do I feel like trying to educate them or explain why they wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass. The Codex exists for a reason. We have a fair share of dumbfucks here but those who actually believe that Bethesda, BioWare, Blizzard or any other "AAA" studio still makes (or even tries to make) good games don't come here or at least don't stay for long.

Pfft, Blizzard still makes good games. BioWare plunged unfathomably far into dumbfuckery with Dragon Age: Inquisition, but the Mass Effect series were good games, just not to the Codex taste.

Lucky

Arcane
People are still planning on buying this? Just get the HD remaster of Pathologic instead, a much superior game in every way but gunplay. The translation is fixed now, so there's no excuse for not playing it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People are still planning on buying this? Just get the HD remaster of Pathologic instead, a much superior game in every way but gunplay. The translation is fixed now, so there's no excuse for not playing it.
What about the remade version with more coherent story?

Sykar

Arcane
Pfft, Blizzard still makes good games. BioWare plunged unfathomably far into dumbfuckery with Dragon Age: Inquisition, but the Mass Effect series were good games, just not to the Codex taste.

ME 1 was ok. ME 2 was steaming pile of shite. ME 3 was not much better than ME 2 if you can ignore the ending.

Installing the Yaaarrr! Edition...let the retardation begin!!

May RNGesus have mercy on your poor brain cells.

Okay the video, whatever. But check out the comments. Almost every thread starter (or every other) is someone asking why this got such a high score if there are so many negatives. A wave of apologists are trying to stem the tide but it ain't happening. It's glorious, people.

"This game is a joke. And now Fallout Fanboys are mad for this overrated game, for not getting a 10/10."

"I'm blown away how we build up hype for a game just so a reviewer can follow behind it. ALL THESE PROBLEMS, and it still get a god damn 9 because you felt the need to feed the hype. Do your fucking job, yall have taken games down to a 7 for the EXACT same shit."

"Surprised this got a 9 after he mentioned so many negative things."

"All these noticeable cons and almost gets a 10? Biased?"

"He had some negative points in this video making me think it deserves an 8.0 max...but nope a 9 out of 10...hmm."

"With all the drawbacks you mentioned, how on earth does it deserve a 9?"

Viata

Arcane
It must be good to be Bethesda. You can release an unplayable shit of game full of bugs and what people say: "It's Bethesda, we already expect it to have bugs". Now try to be Obsidian and release their games with bugs as usual to see what happens.

Adon

Arcane
Jim Sterling is an author of this article:

http://www.destructoid.com/videogame-fans-need-to-shut-up-about-everything-164476.phtml

In other words, he is a human trash.

Stuff like that always bugs me. It makes the strawman that being critical of the changes means we don't want any. Especially so in the quote he provides because that NMA poster wasn't as rigid about it as Sterling claims. It's one thing to make a change, and it is another thing to remove or distance them away from core concepts that make the games what they were, gameplay or otherwise. It doesn't help that they have such shitty writers on the Fallout games.

Like, there is a heap-load of problems with these games to justify ripping Bethesda a new asshole. But that's what people like Sterling are like for ya.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom