Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Prostitution is literally worse than genocide" - author of Escapist F4 review

ddddddddsftpi0.png
Prostitution, are you kidding, you can't even smoke cigarettes in this game... :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd test this personally, just to be sure. Here is where "Fuckface" gets added: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names?diff=2333811&oldid=2333800

Can you get drunk at least?

We like to call it the Modern Era, but I have a feeling historians will look back on it as the "Increasingly Neurotic Era".
Yeah, cigarettes and cigars are in the "Junk" tab and alcohol is in the "Aid" tab :lol: :lol: :lol:

I read you can actually get addicted to some consumables, where they will give you a benefit while you're under the effects, but you'll get a penalty whenever you're not under the effect.

EDIT: Come to think of it, prostitution without cigarettes would have meant no smoke after sex... where is my role-playing here?!

Last edited:

Avin

Liturgist
Bethesda waste their only chance of turning this game in something reasonable, which was giving it to Obsidian.

I tried FO3 for less than an hour and uninstalled. Fonv was fun. I wasn't a chosen one or a hero, Just some random guy in the wrong place. That was Nice.

Fallout 4 seems more garbage like Fo3.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure I saw bro team loot cigarettes in the stream earlier.
As far as I know the player can't smoke them. Although I also think I saw a video where the player was walking around with a minigun and a cigar in his mouth...?

Faith in humanity is going to be restored?!
2l9gj7k.jpg

Edit: During my photoshoping it went to 5.9(!) for Pc, 6.6 for Playstation and 6.8 :( for Xbox

Last edited:
Forbes: 8.5/10

http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2...iew-look-upon-my-works-ye-mighty-and-despair/

It's happening. Pretty much as I predicted last year.

Jesus Christ look at these choice picks from that same review. Fucking casuals I swear to god:
When Fallout 3 arrived, it was a gigantic leap forward for not just the franchise, but it helped shape the open world sandbox genre that has positively exploded in the marketplace the past few years. Fallout 3 was enormous, beautiful and revolutionary.
There’s next to no aim assist at all making it feel clunkier than any other shooter on the market.

And for all of the complaints he gave it, it ended up with an 8.5??? All of things he complained about and it didn't get lowered to at least 6 or 7?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Jesus Christ look at these choice picks from that same review. Fucking casuals I swear to god:
When Fallout 3 arrived, it was a gigantic leap forward for not just the franchise, but it helped shape the open world sandbox genre that has positively exploded in the marketplace the past few years. Fallout 3 was enormous, beautiful and revolutionary.
There’s next to no aim assist at all making it feel clunkier than any other shooter on the market.

And for all of the complaints he gave it, it ended up with an 8.5??? All of things he complained about and it didn't get lowered to at least 6 or 7?
Yeah, I laughed at the autoaim complaint too. I guess it's a real issue when playing with a gamepad.

Jedi Master Radek , I saw those user scores too, but I think they'll go up a bit in the coming weeks. The party of enraged 'nouveau-grognards' who have played FO3 and can't get the same feels out of FO4 7 years later is more numerous than the party of Bethesda plants and people who were happy enough to post sincere positive player reviews.

I'll leave it 3-4 weeks to see if my expectations from last year are confirmed and then I plan to start a thread about it, but for now it seems I was on the right track with some things I said about the future of AAA games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Alcoholic beverages are in the Aid tab in FO3/NV as well.
If I was stuck in a shithole like post apocalyptic america I would consider any alcohol I find Aid as well. Damn If I was stuck in shithole like modern day America I would consider any alcohol AID.

Yeah, I laughed at the autoaim complaint too. I guess it's a real issue when playing with a gamepad.
My theory about the 8.5 rating in spite of all of his complaints is that he was contractually obligated to give it that score at a minimum and also obligated to praise the story. To me it seems awfully suspicious that somebody can complain about numerous gameplay elements in a Bethesda hiking simulator and simultaneously ignore the garbage writing. I'd like to think he found it slightly above average at best given just how many complaints he had and the fact he called it basically a step backwards at the start of his review.

I read negative reviews and I am in heaven! Most reviewers mention superiority of the New Vegas :)

I pure disappointment by Bethesda making me wish Obsidian took the reigns on this one
Despite being a step up from Fallout 3 and improved in a lot of ways, it really fails to match the game in between the two:Fallout: New Vegas.
It's not a fallout game. simply, it's another shooter. I hope sometime Bethesda would sell this franchise to a company like Obsidian(they are more interested in creating rpg games)
A pure disappointment, more smoke than actual fire or content. The game was sold purely on hype. The game is a departure from the right direction New Vegas carved out of Bethesda bugs and base materia
If you enjoyed New Vegas, DON'T BUY IT.
Please Bethesda, let Obsidian make another Fallout game.

Those reviews are nearly all in a row!

AwesomeButton

Patron
My theory about the 8.5 rating in spite of all of his complaints is that he was contractually obligated to give it that score at a minimum and also obligated to praise the story. To me it seems awfully suspicious that somebody can complain about numerous gameplay elements in a Bethesda hiking simulator and simultaneously ignore the garbage writing. I'd like to think he found it slightly above average at best given just how many complaints he had and the fact he called it basically a step backwards at the start of his review.
I don't know. Forbes are one of the few outlets that I rather doubt are part of the corruption scheme. They are simply rich enough to not care, and they have that Kain guy who has posted a few articles on the subject of corruption in gaming journalism.

Also, I can't think of a review which hasn't liked the main plot, with only one making a sorta negative remark that it's too similar to FO3's main plot.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Nah, need a "Korean protagonist mod" so that you can eat the dog when you're fed up with it :D

Speaking of which, you can't kill ANYONE they don't want you to. It's even worse than Skyrim. How very grim and post apocalyptic.

I don't see why they need the protagonist, they're all invulnerable anyway, the world should be at peace.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
Speaking of which, you can't kill ANYONE they don't want you to. It's even worse than Skyrim. How very grim and post apocalyptic.

I don't see why they need the protagonist, they're all invulnerable anyway, the world should be at peace.

Can you at least kill your wife before going to the vault :rpgcodex:?

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
5.9 user score on metacritic

Huge sigh

I think most of us knew once Fallout went 3D shooter with added console charm this would happen. I was thinking of buying it over Xmas with a 25%-33% sale price. Now - reading all the reviews it breaks my heart that this beloved franchise has been Electronic Arsed.

Daggerfall and Morrowind had a lot of charm and were of interest - but now - look what they have done!

This may have put the final nail in the coffin of first person ARPG like SS2, Ultima Underworld and Arx.

The wheel of time turns full circle and I find myself really enjoying WL2 and PoE.

Looking forward to reading the "I played F4 for 100 hours and it was crap"

We need someone to man up and save this game -

ArchAngel

Arcane
5.9 user score on metacritic

Huge sigh

I think most of us knew once Fallout went 3D shooter with added console charm this would happen. I was thinking of buying it over Xmas with a 25%-33% sale price. Now - reading all the reviews it breaks my heart that this beloved franchise has been Electronic Arsed.

Daggerfall and Morrowind had a lot of charm and were of interest - but now - look what they have done!

This may have put the final nail in the coffin of first person ARPG like SS2, Ultima Underworld and Arx.

The wheel of time turns full circle and I find myself really enjoying WL2 and PoE.

Looking forward to reading the "I played F4 for 100 hours and it was crap"

We need someone to man up and save this game
-
Well Fargo has Van Buren trademark and his engineers looking into using UE4 for BT4. After that? Sky is the limit.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Huh, I was expecting those negative reviews on Metacritic to be based on bugs/visuals. Pleasantly surprised to see they're complaining about the story and characters :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom