Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 4 Released

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Happy 70th birthday, Dad!

shadow9d9

Learned
RPS' review was the most disappointing. Almost no mention of actual gameplay. Just graphics, voice acting, and story. And the comments refer to the review and splendid.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Metacritic scores (PC):

Morrowind------89/8.9
Oblivion-------94/8.0
Fallout 3------91/8.0
Skyrim---------94/8.1
Fallout 4------89/5.3

The Witcher 3--93/9.1

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142574-Fallout-4-Character-System-Skills-and-Perks
Joy....no skills...

But that don't matter you see...becasue RPGs is about Playing a Role within a Game....

Nice to see RPG mechanics have been "enhanced" further into tic-tac-toe territory....

I don't know why they need any stats in character creation anyway in Beth games....you end up being a master of everything halfway through each game...just have appearance and (trans)gender, and sexual preference to choose from and then reward the player with enhanced skills after every quest or level up automatically like in many JRPG's(to give the appearance of progress).

khavi

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
This post is the most I can be bothered to care about Fallout 4.

deus101

I don't know why they need any stats in character creation anyway in Beth games....you end up being a master of everything halfway through each game...just have appearance and (trans)gender, and sexual preference to choose from and then reward the player with enhanced skills after every quest or level up automatically like in many JRPG's(to give the appearance of progress).

I remember being able to kill BoS Outcasts the moment I left Megaton... so fuck...why do you even need to be 'Master of Everything'

deus101

On, Metacritic I see Its chock full of complaints about the "Storyline", its like Mass Effect 3 but it still irks me....

I mean, people did not play Doom for the fucking story... And I do not play RPG modules for the quality of the writing.

Narrative in games is meant to relay my place and situation in the game, the goal and big baddie in the game and all the shit I have to go through to reach them that will prompt my descission making.

But NOOOoO! people wanted waifus!

likaq

Arcane
On, Metacritic I see Its chock full of complaints about the "Storyline", its like Mass Effect 3 but it still irks me....

I mean, people did not play Doom for the fucking story... And I do not play RPG modules for the quality of the writing.

Narrative in games is meant to relay my place and situation in the game, the goal and big baddie in the game and all the shit I have to go through to reach them that will prompt my descission making.

But NOOOoO! people wanted waifus!

It doesn't matter that retards are shitting on this pos for wrong reasons, as long as they shit on this abomination i'm happy.
User score 5,2 -> :incline:

deus101

It doesn't matter that retards are shitting on this pos for wrong reasons, as long as they shit on this abomination i'm happy.
User score 5,2 -> :incline:
Yes, but will they learn.

deus101

To be quite honest, I thought I'd buy the damn think having shit expectation about the mechanics but rather enjoy the :pete: hiking simulator(and never let on that I bought it pirated it of course, true for Skyrim not for Bioshock 2 and Infinites :negative:)

So yey, I'm an RPG purist...can't even be tempted by an Obsidians "New Vegas" version of fallout.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
12227553_738104172986152_7458217741119709412_n.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
How the fuck did Oblivion get a 94? Was that because it was the height of the Doritos and Mountain Dew craze?

Deleted member 7219

Yeah, it's a bit shit.

The game looks a lot better than Fallout 3, there isn't a horrible green filter on everything, anti-aliasing is pretty good, textures are better and the lighting system is quite nice.

Everything else is shit. The character level up system. The quests themselves. I just got to the first major settlement and I really can't be fucking bothered. Quest involves getting power armor and pulling a minigun off a Vertbird. This is the second fucking quest in the game.

I've stopped playing, going to play Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void and come back to this crap later.

Fry

Arcane
Reading between the lines in most of the reviews: "Did you want a slightly better looking version of Fallout 3? Here ya go!"

No, thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom