Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

catfood

AGAIN
The "you're all gonna play it anyway" crowd is like those who claim that no one is 100% hetero and everyone is a little gay inside.

I'll buy it in 2-3 years right before Obsidian's next incline release in the franchise after all of the DLCs are out and a bunch of the "make the game not shit" mods have been finished just to prepare myself for the retcons they're going to have to deal with.

Keldryn

Arcane
What system do you have? An i3 4130 and a 750 ti beat out the console versions and still had wiggle room.

My notebook has a Core 2 Duo processor and a Mobility Radeon 3650 GPU. It was pretty decent when I bought it six years ago. ;)

I also have a desktop system that belonged to my dad, but it is of roughly the same vintage; a slightly faster Core 2 Duo with an nVidia 9600 GT. At least it can run Wasteland 2, Divinity: OS, and PoE, unlike my notebook, which chokes on all of those.

My kids were born in 2010 and 2012, so I have a whole lot less disposable income than I used to. I do make good money, but it's important to me that my wife doesn't have to go back to full time work until both kids are in full-day school.

As much as I'd love a new gaming PC, it's more important that my kids aren't getting dumped off in daycare every day. Oh yeah, and our house needed a new roof last year. ;)

Codexlurker

Savant
I was frightened by the Fallout 3 let's play so I never bought or tried Fallout 3 and I never will. I might torrent Fallout 4 and see if I like it at all. Might buy on sale if it doesn't have any Moira nonsense in it.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Fuck, this game sucks.

Even though Skyrim was flawed and streamlined, I still had fun with it and I don't regret buying it, but I certainly regret buying this shit.

Now, Fallout 4 may one day be worth playing when it's patched and if some amazing mods like Requiem come out but oh boy, fuck this game.

As much as I'd love a new gaming PC, it's more important that my kids aren't getting dumped off in daycare every day. Oh yeah, and our house needed a new roof last year. ;)

Perfectly understandable. I will say you might wanna trawl Ebay occasionally for older cards, just in case. A 5850 isn't considered these much these days...but I won one on a lark for about forty dollars and it is surprisingly capable. With Endless Space and GalCiv III I was actually able to get it to run 4k above 30 FPS at all times (at high, no less), though admittedly those are less demanding titles. Either way if you could find something like that or in its price range that would be a huge buff to you.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, this game sucks.

Even though Skyrim was flawed and streamlined, I still had fun with it and I don't regret buying it, but I certainly regret buying this shit.

Now, Fallout 4 may one day be worth playing when it's patched and if some amazing mods like Requiem come out but oh boy, fuck this game.
You only have yourself to blame :smug:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like I'm going to stick with what I thought when this shit was announced:

BYHqAqP.png

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You only have yourself to blame :smug:

That's true but this is the first a Bethesda game didn't meet my expectations, because my expectations for them have been incredibly low since Oblivion. I'm fairly sure this was the last Bethpizda game I bought when it was new.

Avin

Liturgist
Will wait for Obsidian's Fallout: New Mexico.

Spend my money on this piece of crap won't happen.

Jezal_k23

After playing about an hour of it, I've already had enough. Getting it working was a pain in the ass. It's stuttery as FUCK even at 50+fps, and nothing I did got it working perfect. I managed to, at most, lessen the stuttering somewhat. The UI is some of the worst I've seen and surprisingly it's worse than Skyrim's or FO3's vanilla UIs. The button mapping is awful, and there's no consistency in what button does what. Depending on the interface you're seeing, tab might be the return button, or it might be esc. Tab might also be the key that cycles through menus, you never know. Seems to have been done at random. The "use" button also changes depending on whatever the fuck. Anyway I think that mapping "melee" to the same key as "throw grenade" speaks for itself. I might even play this clunky mess again a few years down the line, when mods have fixed the offensively bad stuff and all patches have been released. I don't know about you guys, but I think this might be Bethesda's worst release yet.

Edit: what the fuck I posted this in the wrong thread, but it can apply here too I guess. FYI I did not buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sjukob

Arcane
So basically, the Codexians are in the process of ripping the game apart down to it's basic elements, all the while tearing it a new asshole? Interesting.

from fallout 4 topic
I can laugh at videos with various fallout 4 flaws, lke dumb AI, glitches etc. but I have to try it myself. I want to base my opinion on actual experience as I've already saw games with flaws yet overall interesting. The reaon that I played Dragon Age: Inquisition - you can't bash the series effectively if you are familiar with its issues only via youtube or streams. Because then criticism turns into dogpiling.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm gonna go for "try-b4-u-buy". *wink wink*

I have a horrendously bad feeling about this game.

RK47 are you going to make videos like you did for Dragon Age: Shitquisition?

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
1. I will buy it and play it to death and agree with all the other posters on the World Wide Web that make it GAME OF THE YEAR.

2. Enjoy seeing a bunch of people in the Codex Steam group also playing it.

3. Later on, I won't start a thread saying Fallout 4 was crap after playing it for 100+ hours.

4. Already settled in my mind it will be a poor RPG but decent game.

Buy it = when on sale - I don't buy games on full price - I aint no retard

I read some reviews about the game - read all the reviews available on the Interweb. Everything.

1. Nearly bought it over the weekend - stayed strong. Very embarrassing. I hated myself. Worse than crapping your pants in school and being sent home.

2. Enjoyed seeing a bunch of people from the Codex group on Steam playing it. Waiting for them to make their case on the forums.

3. 87 to 46 discrepancy on Metacritic between reviewers and users - is that the largest ever - can someone explain it?

4. Already settled on my mind that it won't be any sort of RPG. However, it will be a poor shooter.

5. Trying to figure out how long will it take for the price to drop to about £15.

6. I don't think anyone will be brave enough to start a thread admitting they played Fallout 4 for 100+ hours.

7. Trying to not take it personally. I believed in Bethesda when they were making American Football games back in the day - way back. Why have they done this to me?

Beowulf

Arcane

You can try to rationalize this all you want, you can even pretend that you are bashing it in appropriate thread, posting how you got bored by "repetitive combat", "boring npc's" and whatnot, before you go back to play some more, but you can't deny the fact, that you are perpetuating the Age of Decline by buying such games. No wonder it topped steam charts.

Only one thing left to say:
cTNDGAt.jpg

bananaBaboon

Novice
Nope, I learnt my lesson with Oblivion. Fact is, I won't even bother pirating it. All I need to enjoy this game is the codex LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom