Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm following the drama on other forums as well and most of the Bethesda defense force droids are now blaming the old Fallout 1,2 fans for writing bad reviews on Metacritic. :lol:

I've seen that too. As if original Fallout fanbase, which are now in their 30s-40s, have nothing better to do than raiding Metacritic user scores.

It's all a conspiracy of the Institute.

deuxhero

Arcane
I meant the 30s-40s age group in general. There's enough people are for some old FO fans to be loons like Star Wars fans and such.

There's probably a decent number of under 30 fans of the first two that liked and played Fallout 1/2 after news of Bethesda acquiring the license put them in the news and hates modern Bethesda (I sympathized with the supposedly "crazy" Fallout fans after seeing, but thankfully not playing due to hardware, how poorly Oblivion turned out after Morrowind).

The normalfags really don't look happy with this garbage though so I doubt any negative reviews are due to people who never liked modern Bethesda.

msxyz

Augur
Its 4.9 on PC now
Todd tards strikes back
It's probably the effect of Metacritic removing a bunch of reviews containing nothing but trash. But even if you remove all the reviews that either score 0 or 10 (or the 10% lowest and highest scoring reviews, as I've seen done in some statistical studies) I bet the average is still somewhere around 5-5,5.

Lhynn

Arcane
Because if this is the last Fallout in my lifetime - I want to go down with the ship. Meanwhile I am disturbed by how much I am enjoying PoE.
Unless you are dying in a couple years youll probably get to see a new fallout game.
Besides, if you really are dying, what the fuck are you doing wasting your time on shit games? there are plenty good ones that will let you die with a smile.

Mychkine

Educated
What is both surprising and refreshing is that mainstream sites like Destructoïd give better rates to AOD than Fallout 4. What's still depressing is that as least 500 times more people will buy and play Fallout 4 than AOD by Christmas. Power of money and advertising for you eh?

Frozen

Arcane
The butthurt of Todd cocksuckers is glorious...some of them are already giving 0 to TW3 in spite :lol:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Steam reviews went to 77% as well.

Another glorious day in this man's army!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Yq7FABq.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm sure Daniel.Vavra won't care when the media ignores the flaws in Kingdom Scam. Make sure to set aside some of that budget to pay them off.

Zerginfestor

Learned
From what I heard, there's rumors of Bethesda already going into "Damage Control" mode and deleting negative reviews on Steam to try to boost it back up. So far I only heard of one folk, though, so it's probably just a hiccup on Steam's part.

gestalt11

Arbiter
From what I heard, there's rumors of Bethesda already going into "Damage Control" mode and deleting negative reviews on Steam to try to boost it back up. So far I only heard of one folk, though, so it's probably just a hiccup on Steam's part.
Steam would have to delete there is no way they gave Bethesda permission to do that, they are not that dumb. And by dumb I don't mean money or greedy etc. You don't give some other company control of your platform.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Steam is full of shitty early-access and indie games whose developers try to silence criticism by deleting negative threads, so I don't think you need Valve's permission for anything.

Beastro

Arcane
:philosoraptor: If it falls below a certain metacritic score does the company flush all the money down the toilet? Or does that only apply when Beth hires outsiders :lol:

They should finally give Obsidian that bonus.

deuxhero

Arcane
Oh make no mistake, I don't expect anything to suddenly happen once it passes those thresholds. I just think it will be something to laugh about.

Lemming42

Arcane
The poetic justice of it scoring 1 less than NV in critic scores would be wonderful.

If the final user score stabilizes at anything above 6, it'll be pretty annoying.

Beastro

Arcane
Oh make no mistake, I don't expect anything to suddenly happen once it passes those thresholds. I just think it will be something to laugh about.

I think the biggest blip will simple be amused posts observing the event.

Black

Arcane
Daniel.Vavra what makes you say that "of course it's not a 4/10 game"? Do 4/10 games don't happen any more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom