Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
TRE Imp side: Currently we have 4-5 active Codexers. A few IRL friends will be joining, 2 I think.

Not too active but doing Flashpoints and filling up the Guild Stronghold could be fun. I did Battle of Ilum and False Emperor last night.

And maybe the Operations pertaining to the main storylines. (Fuck the rest)

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
This game is fucking dead dude,don't even know why I even subed again.No one seems to PVP and no one wants to group group up,most of the people you will find will complete the storyline and they will vanish as quickly as they came.

The only thing that keeps this game afloat are the fucking retards that pay 15 to 30$ on gamble boxes and then they go and cry on forums because they didn't get their favorite toy:lol:

Sometimes I forget that there are a lot of fucking retards out there:lol:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This game is fucking dead dude,don't even know why I even subed again.No one seems to PVP and no one wants to group group up,most of the people you will find will complete the storyline and they will vanish as quickly as they came.

The only thing that keeps this game afloat are the fucking retards that pay 15 to 30$ on gamble boxes and then they go and cry on forums because they didn't get their favorite toy:lol:

People are sticking around for the story, which took Bioware FAR too long to realize considering their selling point was class stories, and because it's a very average, serviceable MMORPG with features people perceive as missing in games these days. Even if said features are really implemented in mediocre fashion, like housing and your ship, etc. I can see it being worth checking out once KotFE is finished and you sub once for everything the game has to offer. God knows you can go through your favorite stories in less than a month if you don't get bogged down by, once again, mediocre dungeons and raiding.

And it's not Wildstar, I guess.

Diablo169

Arcane
Well after all these years i actually finished the Imperial Agent story. Lots of nice twists and turns but the ending was a bit muted. Time to try a different class i guess.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm trying to play the game since I subbed to get all the expansions, seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyways, why the fuck does my companion's health not go bellow 95%, am I supposed to play without them or something? :retarded:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Might as well be an interactive shit movie at this point. Does group content offer any challenge at least?

Deleted member 7219

Might as well be an interactive shit movie at this point. Does group content offer any challenge at least?

The combat was one of the worst things about the game so it's a good thing that it is so easy now.

You can speed run through most quest areas now instead of being stuck for 20 minutes on clearing every room of mobs.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I realized one way to "nerf" Companions without putting them on Passive (because Passive Companions follow you around 5 feet away during battles, which is annoying as fuck)

Disable all their special abilities (right click them). Those abilities (damage and heals) are what make them so fucking OP - they do MORE DAMAGE THAN YOU. (Though tanking is more balanced, and Tank mode has a charge/jump attack and Damage doesnt???)

So if you disable their auto-use of abilities they're relegated to using their weak basic attacks.

However like Matt7895 said, MMO (WoW-style) is shittiest combat ever - this isn't a specific towards SWTOR btw. I played two characters before playing this year... guess what classes? Assassin and Operative.

The only time I'd "nerf" my Companion is if I'm fighting a story mode boss so that I don't kill him in 10 seconds. Course most of the time I don't give a shit, so whatever.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This game is fucking dead dude,don't even know why I even subed again ... The only thing that keeps this game afloat are the fucking retards that pay 15 to 30$

Careful, your box echoes too much

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, I dunno why people sub forever.

I'm just playing the storylines and I don't mind, because I know what to expect and what to do. Gonna do the 5 storylines I have left, do the expansions with one character, then quit and play DOSEE lol.

I played at launch and, yeah, PVP was nothing special, just a novelty at first that turns into a waste of time (I loved stealth-AOE knockbacking people in Huttball as an Assassin but of course that gets old). Endgame PVE I'm not even gonna touch with a stick because I know for sure (1) there are MMOs with better raids, (2) I hate MMO raiding. Lol.

Actually the only PVP I'd play is DAoC style RvR.

Anyways, besides storylines, if there are some Codexers active at the same time, we can dick around in some Flashpoints or something. Wait, I just remembered a (3)... on my first two characters I only did 3 Flashpoints :lol:

Honestly the game has been dead since launch, because it's not a good MMO. It should've just been a single player game. Funny thing is that some of the stories are better than post-BG2 Bioware. Oh well.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
You can add me on Red Eclipse, operative named Lyndril. I'm leveling a consular at the moment though. Not sure how long I'll keep playing this sack of shit game, honestly only forcing myself to try and enjoy it because of money spent.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
You can add me on Red Eclipse, operative named Lyndril. I'm leveling a consular at the moment though. Not sure how long I'll keep playing this sack of shit game, honestly only forcing myself to try and enjoy it because of money spent.
Should've gotten a referral code which gives you a 7 day free subscription brah.

BTW don't play a Consular, it's one of the worst. Play Imp Agent or Sith Warrior. Otherwise you're really going to be wasting your money lol

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Already played though the Imp Agent before 4.0, it was okay, I enjoyed it. I tried to start a sith warrior, but I just can't take Lord Fatass seriously, and I think I won't enjoy the story because of it.

I first played jedi knight, but got tired of the chosen one bullshit and deleted him. Thought that maybe consular's story would be better. I've read that it gets better after act 1, is this true?

I might also try an inquisitor.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Already played though the Imp Agent before 4.0, it was okay, I enjoyed it. I tried to start a sith warrior, but I just can't take Lord Fatass seriously, and I think I won't enjoy the story because of it.

I first played jedi knight, but I got tired of the chosen one bullshit and deleted him. Thought that maybe consular's story would be better. I've read that it gets better after act 1, is this true?

Sith warrior has the best storyline along with Imperial agent.Trust me ,sith warrior is a power trip adventure,nothing stays in your way and you always feel in control.And for a future Kotor(with Gods mercy),I would like to play as a Sith from the begining because I'm fairly sick of the Jedi propaganda.:argh:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Sith warrior has the best storyline along with Imperial agent.Trust me ,sith warrior is a power trip adventure,nothing stays in your way and you always feel in control.And for a future Kotor(with Gods mercy),I would like to play as a Sith from the begining because I'm fairly sick of the Jedi propaganda.:argh:
Alright, I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I tried to start a sith warrior, but I just can't take Lord Fatass seriously, and I think I won't enjoy the story because of it.
He really doesn't play much of a role besides sending you to do things. You spend most of your time interacting with other NPCs. I just finished it actually, and it seemed like there was a bit of C&C. (But probably not lol)

Oh yeah, and the Warrior gets to a lot of sarcastic/dick-ish dialogue options which makes things fun. Well written ones, I mean, as compared to many other classes. Plus it helps that the male VA is good at patronizing people.

I first played jedi knight, but got tired of the chosen one bullshit and deleted him.
Same here.

Thought that maybe consular's story would be better. I've read that it gets better after act 1, is this true?
I've heard the same thing, on the other hand the majority of people say it sucks. I'm actually playing it right now to see if it gets better (as DS). Because the possibility could be that people just get bored during Act 1. To me, Act 1 is pretty meh, but on the other hand you get toe [Force Persuade] everyone which is awesome.

However, I would not recommend gambling on the Consular storyline if you're just making up for money spent.

Just go with what has reliable somewhat-praise, which would be the Sith Warrior (esp. because I just played through it).

No. That's the worst.

It's literally Bioware-stereotype find the four-thingamagigies. There is absolutely no actual political manipulation or shit like that. You just find ways to make urself moar powarful and then fight your rival in an epic kamehameha power struggle.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
There is no way the Jedi Consular will get better with such a lackluster supporting cast behind him.
They have almost no personality. I was pretty shock when a main story quest giver joined me. He was really THAT forgettable.
Consular is the worst of Republic writing, bar none.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The only time I'd "nerf" my Companion is if I'm fighting a story mode boss so that I don't kill him in 10 seconds
It's even more funny if you forget you have turned them to passive, attack the boss and die in 10 seconds. Companions are so OP I forgot I was wearing stuff 20 level below me...
Usually I just set them to heal mode and do all the fighting for bosses, if I get bored I set them to DPS and let them remove trashmobs from the premises.

There is no way the Jedi Consular will get better with such a lackluster supporting cast behind him.
True dat. BH was saved by his quirky companions, but that Consu squad seems like they picked up random bums sitting in front of KFC...
At least they get nice hats. Which now everyone can wear, making them loose even that advantage.

Last edited:

Crazed Weevil

Prophet
If they follow their normal procedure they'll nerf the companions so hard that they'll now be useless...then they'll buff them to too hard, and then nerf them again, etc. They may have them somewhere balanced in time for 5.0 by which time they'll have changed everything again and it'll all be pointless.

I've cancelled my sub for now. I'll come back once they have finished KotFE...one chapter a month and it'll only last about an hour or two...might as well save it up for one month at the end.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have been enjoying this game quite a bit. It is depressing how many of the quests here are more interesting than the majority of Pillars of Eternity content.

:negative:

Vader-Do-Not-Want.jpg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I have been enjoying this game quite a bit. It is depressing how many of the quests here are more interesting than the majority of Pillars of Eternity content.

:negative:

Vader-Do-Not-Want.jpg

This game had decent writers,most of them were freelancers or from other companies other than Bioware,what a fucking surprise:lol:

If the game was solely written by Bioware,you could fuck anyone with a pulse or without:lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom