Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I recently got a new job after being unemployed for 3 months, went to Puerto Rico for my honeymoney, played the shit out of Bloodborne, and my new job, boss, and CEO are pretty cool.

So is Fallout 4 complete shit?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Oh god I'm going through this topic.

They somehow made this more retarded than Fallout 3. When I saw those dialog options it reminded me of Mass Effect. Is there some sort of cRPG death cycle that occurs?

Looks like there's not going to be a "Blistering Stupidity of Fallout 4". Unless he changes his mind. But at least there's this: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...nts/14978-Why-The-Fallout-4-Intro-Is-Terrible

Shamus Young is someone whose taste is completely confusing and really hard to pin down, at least to me.

He'll be cruising on about something and I'll be nodding my head in agreement or at the very least understanding, only for him to take a sudden and violent double U-turn before continuing on, and I'm left in the back seat wondering what the fuck just happened.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So I recently got a new job after being unemployed for 3 months, went to Puerto Rico for my honeymoney, played the shit out of Bloodborne, and my new job, boss, and CEO are pretty cool.

So is Fallout 4 complete shit?

Pretty much yes. But it has his moments.

There was one quest where I had to clean up a mine infested with ghouls. Normally you do this like 100 times but this time the atmosphere was great. I don't know. Maybe I'm claustrophobic or some shit. Also there is some attention to details.

But on the other hand, quest recycling has started. The entire base construction stick is retarded. On survival I had to shoot 30 times an asshole in the head. And so on. The game is a mixture of retarded and moments of hope.

I love how the mutants are BTFO all the BoB knights. It's fucking hilarious.

Fairfax

Arcane
Shamus Young is someone whose taste is completely confusing and really hard to pin down, at least to me.

He'll be cruising on about something and I'll be nodding my head in agreement or at the very least understanding, only for him to take a sudden and violent double U-turn before continuing on, and I'm left in the back seat wondering what the fuck just happened.
Pretty much. His FO3 is good, although I later learned he lifted most of it from some famous youtube analysis. He seems to be right most of the time when he's criticizing, but then the things he praises are just as stupid or worse more often than not. I think he tries too hard to have a supposedly different opinion and lets some of his guilty pleasures be exposed in the middle of it. By the time he's done with the ME retrospective I expect him to praise ME3's concepts but criticize the execution or something like that.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
What's with synths going cray-cray and murdering anyone? Did it even go truly cray-cray or was it just a cover for murder?

The simple plan i think of is, it will dampen the institute plan for the surface (replacing entire population to synth?). United Commonwealth will harder to conquer than divided one.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel

I didn't know what to think when you answered our distress call, but I'm damn glad you did. You showed up in the nick of time, and though you didn't get a chance to help fight off the advancing ghouls herds, you showed tremendous courage. While I took down wave after wave of irradiated nightmares, you carefully scoured our makeshift compound for any ammo or valuables, with no sign of fear.

Anyone else would have seen the threat we faced and retreated like a coward, but not you. While I blasted away to protect my brothers and sisters and preserve our mission to save humanity, you helped out by carefully searching all the irradiated bodies for supplies-- supplies that might help us turn the tide of this conflict. Well done!

That's why I immediately recommend you for the rank of Initiate and drafted you for an important mission. I saw something in you that moment: the rare focus to get things done, no matter the odds. And just as I suspected, you acquitted yourself like a battle-hardened soldier.

You showed remarkable discipline and courage standing next to me while synthetic monstrosities blasted me with lasers from all angles. A lesser man would have run screaming, but you stood your ground, ignoring the threat of certain death to carefully pick up and examine everything in the immediate area.

The fact you kept your cool and still managed to carefully loot our fallen enemies without breaking a sweat showed you to be Brotherhood material through and through. Even when you picked up too many laser guns, so many that you could barely move and then spent five minutes carefully discarding individual pieces of garbage from your pockets -- all while I fought our enemies with little hope of survival -- you showed phenomenal fortitude.

If I wasn't so busy fighting to save our lives and protect the future of humanity, I would have stopped to commend you right then and there. I won't make that mistake again.

That's exactly why I wasted no time asking the High Elder to make you a Knight. You had more than proven yourself worthy of our most valuable technology and secrets. That's also why I invited you to our airship, so that I could personally introduce you to the High Elder himself.

111815_airship.jpg

I'll admit I was worried I wouldn't live to see your promotion, especially when our Vertibird barely made it to the Prydwen intact after you took initiative and started firing on heavily armed robots below. I'll be picking rocket shrapnel out of my hide for years to come, and won't forget those that we lost on that perilous flight.

But we made it, and the High Elder himself promoted you to Knight. You might have missed that, since you were so eager to gear up for battle that you ran right past him. I don't think there was a single container left empty after you were done. The High Elder himself asked if you were planning to take on the threats of the Commonwealth all by yourself, what with all the gear you took.

I couldn't have been more proud. You were so eager to suit up in your Power Armor you didn't hear any of my instructions, particularly the part about the suit not having a flap in the back. It took our Scribes quite a while to clean it out, but they were excited to study all the intact bug specimens that managed to pass undigested through you.

By the time you got it back on, I barely had time to remind you about the lack of a flap on the back. I guess your harsh wasteland diet of uncooked bugs and raw meat didn't leave any margin for error. But the Scribes were prepared, and they made short work of your leavings.

I will always regret not telling you then and there how much you meant to me. Even though we had only known each other for a few hours, in that time you demonstrated unforgettable grit and determination. You were more than just a stranger who walked into my life, you were like the son I never had.

That's why it broke my heart to see you accidentally back yourself off the deck of the airship while sorting through some of the excess gear you discarded. I still have the broken hot plate you dropped, and will treasure it always.

Rest in Peace, brother. You were one of the finest soldiers the Brotherhood of Steal has ever seen. If only there were more brave souls like you.

Ad Victoriam!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At least in Mass Effect you can have up to six dialogue options.
From a dozen full sencente dialogue options we went to 6 keywords in Mass Effect. From that we went to 4 words in F4. What's gonna be the next stop? 2? 1?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Unrelated news: 14.5% Fallout 4 players still haven't left the vault.

Fairfax

Arcane
Looks like Bethesda has adopted Biowarean school of dialogue more thoroughly than mere dialogue wheels imply.
Completely so. So far 95% of speech checks have been related to asking for more money, the other 5% were intimidation. Once that dialog started I thought "Well, 3 speech checks? Will it finally branch out and give me some C&C?" But I knew the answer so I had my screenshot key ready.
And its such an awkwardly written response as well. I can hear it in that montone bethesda VA in my head.
See for yourself :lol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-wUXOnqg5NbXdHdDB1YmdyRFE/view?usp=sharing

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally got to the point where I get to know the factions a little more. I am sure the game needs me to pick one in the end but... boy, none of them deserve my membership. Better nuke Boston and be done with it.

- The Broddahood is on a genocidal crusade against anything remotely nonhuman that would make president Eden weep tears of joy. Since Valentine and Hangcock are my bros4life: fuck you Maxon!
- The Railroad is a bunch of terrorists who would probably level a cityblock to liberate a vending machine. I wouldn't even trust them to hold my armed frag grenade. Out.
- The Institute is a bunch of slave owners in their ivory tower, very 'murican, but... they stole mah babbie and killed the semen donor living in my house! Nope.
- The 1-Minute-Men are the biggest tools around. I am surprised Preston hasn't forgotten to breath and survived until today...

Guess I will stick to the militia then. They may be tools, but at least they are MY tools. Welp, time to go back to may plantation and whip some slaves settlers into shape.

Funfact: the game has only sent me black settlers and ghouls so far. Time to trigger Sarkesian and the SJW squad!

"Fallout 4 is a game where the player can build a plantation in Boston and let humans of afroamerican descent work the fields without paying them!"
:mrpresident:

Carceri

Arcane
How did I waste so much time on this game. The discussion on Fallout 4 is just as mediocre and misguided as on any other forum. You pretend to be edgy and counter cultural, but really, graphics, immersion, skill checks, Fallout New Vegas and other casual things end up being the most discussed. You turn a forum that was at it's core to discuss video games without constraint into a circlejerk with the atmosphere of an highschool playground. Which should be disturbing to anyone with stable gaming habits. You, yes you reading this sig, are likely struggling with serious 3D camera or compass quest issues, both most likely, but you have the self righteousness of a Chosen One. The forum is divided between those who fully embrace their degenerate state of gaming habits and promote the most abject form of decline, and those in full denial spewing a distorted pseudo traditionalist doctrine, missing the irony of doing so in their current predicament. The exception of those of you here who still care for your games and benefit from the disposable income of NEET (Or you infinitron for most likely working for RPGWatch, at least I hope for you your boting is actually a job). I can safely say that half of you will end up committing self-ejection at some point, and the other half surviving under heavy triple A administration. Starting with the owner of this place. Dark Underlord I don't give you 5 more years before you end in a Bethesda institution. You will never be happy beyond your console euphoria.
Goodbye.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
How did I waste so much time on this game. The discussion on Fallout 4 is just as mediocre and misguided as on any other forum. You pretend to be edgy and counter cultural, but really, graphics, immersion, skill checks, Fallout New Vegas and other casual things end up being the most discussed. You turn a forum that was at it's core to discuss video games without constraint into a circlejerk with the atmosphere of an highschool playground. Which should be disturbing to anyone with stable gaming habits. You, yes you reading this sig, are likely struggling with serious 3D camera or compass quest issues, both most likely, but you have the self righteousness of a Chosen One. The forum is divided between those who fully embrace their degenerate state of gaming habits and promote the most abject form of decline, and those in full denial spewing a distorted pseudo traditionalist doctrine, missing the irony of doing so in their current predicament. The exception of those of you here who still care for your games and benefit from the disposable income of NEET (Or you infinitron for most likely working for RPGWatch, at least I hope for you your boting is actually a job). I can safely say that half of you will end up committing self-ejection at some point, and the other half surviving under heavy triple A administration. Starting with the owner of this place. Dark Underlord I don't give you 5 more years before you end in a Bethesda institution. You will never be happy beyond your console euphoria.
Goodbye.

LOL for those not getting it:

How did I waste so much time on this place. The discussion on video game is just as mediocre and misguided as on any other forum. Your pretend to be edgy and counter cultural, but really, Witcher 3, Divinity, Pillars, Fallout and other casual games end up being the most discussed. You turn a forum that was at it's core to discuss video games without constraint into a circlejerk with the atmosphere of an highschool playground. Which should be disturbing to anyone with stable mental health. You, yes you reading this sig, are likely struggling with serious mental or familial issues, both most likely, but you have the self righteousness of a Saint. The forum is divided between those who fully embrace their degenerate state of life and promote the most abject form of hedonism, and those in full denial spewing a distorted pseudo traditionalist doctrine, missing the irony of doing so in their current predicament. The exception of those of you here who shill for your own game and benefit from the disposable income of NEET (Or you infinitron for most likely working for a data collection firm, at least I hope for you your boting is actually a job). I can safely say that half of you will end up committing suicide at some point, and the other half surviving under heavy mental medication. Starting with the owner of this place. Dark 'greg martin' Underlord I don't give you 5 more years before you end in a mental institution.You will never be happy beyond your prozac euphoria.
Goodbye.

Oh, and as a sidenote:

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:45 PM - tyrannosaurus rex: I already have 10 alts around that number. Including one that dates back to 2002. Banning me would just be useless for my own sake

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Just installed kill all people mod (no one is essential anymore).

Kurtz on the subject.

rlwjRkd.jpg

Speaking of dialog options:

CHOICE #1

CHOICE #2

CHOICE #3

All dialogues are like that from very start. Only difference is usually one line after and then goes to rest of dialog which is the same.

All charisma checks so far be it yellow red or whatever lead to same thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom