Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

that should be what just normal people should do.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
hB4B98D2E

Probably great food made with care and attention to detail.

ArchAngel

Arcane
it's official: in italy "game x" topics are not really place where you can discuss that said game but only where you can suck its dick. praise is the only thing you can do, otherwise you're wrong.
one of the latest answers i got could be summarized briefly as "f4 is a better game than skyrim, stalker, gta5 and tw3 and beats them on their grounds too", and i'm the bad person who spreads falsehoods if i say otherwise.

i suffer from depression and i'm supposed to desire my own death, but damn, i've never wished i could kill as much as lately.

how's the situation in the rest of the world?
I have been c/p opinions of people from this topic to local forum into the topic about Fo4, and I have been called wrong, hater, troll but the posts are not deleted and I was not banned for it.

Machocruz

Arcane
*disgusts Machocruz on a gut level, intuitively. Therefore there is something objectively foul here*

See, this is about being in on the fad. These games are fashion accessories. A new Bethesda game is the new iPhone, same with Rocsktar (but their games are actually good), as was with CoD, etc. I said that Halo was the trend to do when it got big. There is some weird badge of honor to hop on a bandwagon and say "I'm doing this/that thing ! tee hee" I've been on forums unrelated to gaming where someone has to randomly announce that they'll be playing _______ on such and such a date or occasion, they'll be taking a week off of work, etc. And you can just imagine them with this huge, cheesy, self satisfied grin on their face. It's very strange pack animal behavior to me. What is the point of that sign? Do they think they are cool, a real bro, a snazzy guy, a hep cat? Do they think they are sharing a wink-wink moment with the rest of humanity?* I played Half LIfe 2 and MGS3 back to back for two days straight when they dropped, but no one knew so besides me. And now you guys 100 years later.

The media have been working very hard to make this game a thing, beyond the thing that it was already going to be. (btw, I'm sure some of you have seen the now-famous Wired article about why bugs in Bethesda games are a-ok, not like those other not-Bethesda games) You walk around, shoot people, and talk to people. In a big, fake space. Basic shit, there is no event here. The flaws are real, but the more anyone points them out, the more words the media will spend trying to convince you the game is special** The whole deal with Bethesda, the enthusiasm, the coverage, feels very manufactured, just like it was with Halo, then CoD, and I feel moreso. When you go at them hard in the paint, really challenge their assessment, all these people can say is that it's fun and they can't help it, something about size, and that's supposed to explain the ecstatic response to these games. Such people are useless in a discussion, yet they persist in airing out their Todd stained drawers in your face.

*Most people in the normal world will hardly have any idea of what they're talking about, nor care. Even if your game is the biggest fish in the bowl, it's still in a fish bowl.

**Pun intended. I'm a writer over at Bethesda btw.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Heh, in my native forum even people who's the most fanatic Bethesda fan admit the game is dumbed down in every possible way.

Guess there's still hope in here :smug:

You have a bright future ahead of yourself as a cabana boy.

After my first somewhat positive impresions on the game, shit really turned underwhelming.The quest design is incredibly retarded. I mentioned before how you are asked to break some guy from jail in Diamond City. Well, you just pick the lock on his cell without being detected and he will just leave in front of the guards, fucks given: 0. But the game is plaged by this crap. And the dialog system it's an atrocity. The writing is not worse than F3, but here they killed the little that game offered in the way of alternative outcomes. And ofc, it has the typical beth reactivity.

I ended up siding with the BROs only because Bethesda presented them as the intolerant/racists/whithumans and the Railroad acted like cunts anyway (the minutement must be the most bland faction I met in vydia), would have joined the Institute, but the place killed my FPS. If the game had decent writing I would care for morals, but with the bland crap they offer I don't care. Enter enemy base full of potential friends and allies pew-pew, enter another enemy base full of civilians pew-pew, my companions went around chasing and shooting unarmed folks :lol: Felt like the mutant invasion in V13. They even shoot the gorillas. I hope modders re-sking Maxson as Ben Garrison.

baturinsky

Arcane
Lots of quests have alternative solutions, actually. Usually, it's pass speech check (i.e. hoard enough +cha items) or kill.

In several cases, you do mission for one party against another you are also allied with, and you can choose to sabotage it. I was basically promoted to Paladin of BOS for failing to kill Danse and Royal Prince of Institute for failing to kill a bunch of runaway synths.

This is armor in Bethesda's mind.

z6hHm4J.png

A good reason to stay in PA. I'm pissed that in my complete playthrough I didn't find even a single piece of T-51 wich looks much better than either the T-45 or T-60, and only the helmet of the Enclave armor.

This is armor in Bethesda's mind.

z6hHm4J.png

A good reason to stay in PA. I'm pissed that in my complete playthrough I didn't find even a single piece of T-51 wich looks much better than either the T-45 or T-60, and only the helmet of the Enclave armor.

There's a full set somewhere on charles river

Isn't that randomized? First time I found some parts on a locked container next to a military base, but with the char I actually finished I only found the same generic rusty T-45 crap.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW weight of weapon is used to calculate AP cost in VATS. Guns no longer have one kind of AP cost.

Example.
Pipe revolver.
Standard chamber (and nothing else) you can shoot it 4.5 times (at 5 agility)
Light chamber ~8 times

This goes for every single gun. So light parts aren't that useless as i thought (they have lower damage or stats). For VATS or Crit build they are more important than overall damage.

Suprising to see betsheda doing systemic design to AP cost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom