Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

So there is a fall sale, and a x-mas sale?

Yeah. Most stores are doing Black Friday sales so it wouldn't be wise to do one now, even though it could be better to just wait until christmas.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
8632 titles on sale, but none of them on my wishlist :(
I hope the Christmas sale treats me better.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Deathtrap is 66% off (action RPG/ tower defense mix), i might actually get this. looks like i would have fun derping it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/310510

also its the first time i see the Secret of Monkey Island remake at 75% less
http://store.steampowered.com/app/32360

Dungeon of the Endless at 66% could end in my library as well
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249050

many other older games at the usual 75-90% discount, but the interesting newer ones are at 30-50%, which i wont bite at for now i suppose

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Are the Monkey Island reamkes worth buying? Never played the originals and only played a bit of Deponia.

its awesome.

i played this as a kid (i think it was my very first game on the Amiga 500), so nostalgia might bias me, but its funny, well written and just a good tale.

worth buying for sure if you have never touched the orignal

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Blackguards Bundle is at -85%. I suppose it is worth it?

Neo Scavenger at -50% and Legend of Grimrock bundle at -80%. This is acceptable.

Coyote

Arcane
Are the Monkey Island reamkes worth buying? Never played the originals and only played a bit of Deponia.

If you've never played the Monkey Island games before, all I can say is buy them. Buy them now. And check out the LucasArts Adventure Pack while you're at it.

(And be sure to take a look at the link Astral Rag posted if you want to play the first one with the much more tasteful original graphics alongside the voice acting added in the Special Edition.)

Anyway, here's what I've found so far:

Aarklash: Legacy is 85% off.
The Age of Decadence is 15% off.
Age of Empires II HD is 80% off
Age of Wonders Classics Pack is 75% off (individual games are also 75% off).
Alice: Madness Returns is 75% off.
Anachronox is 75% off.
Arx Fatalis is 75% off.
Civilization III, IV, and V are 75% off.
Commander Keen [In]Complete (Commander Keen 1-5) is 75% off. Keen Dreams and Commander Keen 6 had different publishers; the former only 25% off, and the latter isn't on Steam.
The Dark Eye Universe Bundle (Blackguards, Blackguards: Untold Legends, Chains of Satinav, and Memoria) is 85% off. Individual games are 66-90% off.
Dark Souls is 75% off.
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin is 50% off.
Darkest Dungeon is 40% off.
Dead State: Reanimated is 66% off.
Deponia: The Complete Journey is 85% off.
Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, and Final DOOM are 75% off. The Doom Classic Collection, which includes those plus Master Levels for DOOM II, is 66% off.
Driftmoon is 80% off.
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy is 75% off
F.E.A.R. Collection is 75% off (individual games are also 75% off except for F.E.A.R. 2 DLC).
Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics are 75% off. The Fallout Classic Collection with all three actually costs more at 50% off at the moment. (Edit: It's been changed to 66% off.)
Frozen Synapse is 90% off.
Gemini Rue is 66% off.
Hard West is 25% off, straight from the 20% off early bird discount earlier today.
Heretic + HeXen Collection is 66% off (Heretic, HeXen, and HeXen II are 75% off and HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel is 50% off.
Jagged Alliance is 75% off and Jagged Alliance 2 is 80% off.
Legends of Eisenwald is 50% off.
LISA and LISA The Joyful are 60% off.
The Long Dark is 45% off.
Lords of Xulima is 40% off.
LucasArts Adventure Pack (LOOM, The Dig, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis) is 75% off. Individual games are also 75% off.
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle is 75% off (individual games are also 75% off).

Mount & Blade Full Collection is 75% off, as are all of the individual games.
NEO Scavenger is 50% off.
Primordia is 66% off.
Realms of Arkania Trilogy Classic Bundle is 75% off, as are each of the games.
Riven is 75% off, a first I think.
Serpent in the Staglands is 35% off.
Shadowrun Triple Pack is 50% off (Returns and Dragonfall are 80% off, Hong Kong is 50% off).
Star Wars Collection is 77% off (individual games are 70% off).
STASIS is 40% off.
The Swapper is 75% off.
Thief Gold, Thief II, Thief: Deadly Shadows are 75% off.
This War of Mine is 66% off.
Tomb Raider Collection is 75% off, as are all the individual components aside from the Tomb Raider 2013 DLC.
The Witcher 3 is 50% off (kind of surprising, I figured they'd stagger the GOG/Steam discounts a bit more).

Most of these are about what they've been in recent sales plus or minus a few percentage points, so I bolded the ones that stood out to me as substantially lower than previous sales. (Commander Keen has hit 75% off before, but not for a couple of years.)

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Yea. Now I got em all. Took em like 2 fucking years to put em on sale. FU Disney.
Plus Endless Legend full DLC pack for 8 jewros.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, Dark Corners of the Earth 75% off for the first time in a long time. Also, Hunted: The Demon's Forge. :cool:

Oh and Terra Nova too, get that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom