Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ruinous Powers (40K CYOA)

lightbane

Arcane
AE

We have to make sure what our favored deity is. We don't want to end up with these "Chaos Undivided" losers, balanced but boring (and weaker). However, wouldn't rip off their hearts to make a bloody sacrifice be something more related to Khorne? I guess it's some sort of elaborate trolling. Also, go for the techpriest, these tentacles mechadendrites will do wonders.

Lastly, I say you don't have to bother with untasteful/extremely graphic violent scenes, these add nothing to the story. Besides, we're The Codex, the den of refined and monocled gentlemen, not a guro/anime fansite.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We don't want to end up with these "Chaos Undivided" losers, balanced but boring (and weaker).
Yeah, we want to go straight for the Devour Soul, all the way. Fuck balance! :roll:

That said, I do vastly prefer Slaanesh over Nurgle, if only for the smell factor.

Inf0mercial

Augur
DC

Either way divided or puts it off, we don't lose a single gods blessing, well we shouldn't. That or we lose both or die.

Baltika9

Arcane
B>C, I want my space AIDS incubator.
C, let's go see Hooker next, good seconds are hard to come by.

E - having a possible way of communicating with this Sorcerer is an ace up our sleeves. No need for anyone else to know. Fuck the gods.

C

Nevill

Arcane
My understanding is that the sorc can contact us through many vessels (presumably, through any of the pirates on board), not through this woman specifically.

Nevill C>A C
Smashing Axe A>C C
Grimgravy C F
Elfberserker B E
Endemic C C
lightbane A E
Inf0mercial D C
Baltika9 B>C C
Jester B E
Undead Phoenix E C
Violet A C
oscar A C
Major Blackheart A D
Comissar Draco A C
Esquilax B C
THe Brazilian Slaughter B C
archaen B C
hello friend D>E C
3man75 A C
ERYFKRAD E D

A - 7 (8)
B - 6
C - 3 (2)
D - 2
E - 2

C - 14
D - 2
E - 3
F - 1

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
AC

We know too little about this sorcerer for it to be more than a gamble. Leaving her alone doesn't sound better either but the sorcerer was giving a strong "with us or against us" vibe.

While I want to understand Hooker more we don't want to support her. She's deeply respected by the troops and actually competent what will make our coup far more difficult than against this hated knucklehead.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A cause we should not go jack of all trades and do support our Patron Deity... then C to have some hot lesbo sex more handle on the crew. Remember its Chaos ship so we have to get good care of ourselves cause none else wil... We should really not talk to Detox it was clear he work for competition, we learned nothing, wasted time and could talk with Tech Priest and Hooker instead.

AC.

Esquilax

Arcane
I am sad that the voting bloc seems to be in favour of abandoning Papa Nurgle's warm, loving embrace, especially when we met such a sweet, loving member of the family who was kind enough to offer us a gift despite the fact that we had never met before. Slaanesh revels in pain and agony, whereas life with Nurgle seems so much brighter. Oh, and Cheesecake, are there any cameras in this room?

I guess the logical move is to see the Sarge, seeing as she seems to have a lot of respect from the men, but isn't as savvy or as dangerous as Tempestus.

BC

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I didn't want to make a choice between the Gods so soon, but if Nurgle followers insist...

1C>A

Cheesecake

Savant
I'm here now! I had my prelims this week so I was busy but now Christmas break's here. Sad to say I've lost interest in this LP and the other one too, so I'm putting them in hiatus 'til I find out what to do with them.

Though I do have some plan for another CYOA.

Cheesecake

Savant
A: Smashing Axe, lightbane, Violet, Major_Blackhart, Commisar Draco, (Nevill), 3man75 (6 (7))
B: Elfbeserker, Baltika9, Jester, Esquilax, The Brazilian Slaughter, archaen (6)
C: Nevill, (Smashing Axe), Grimgravy, Endemic, (Baltika9) (3 (5))
D: Inf0mercial, hello friend (2)
E: Undead Phoenix, (hello friend), ERYFKRAD (2(3))

A:
B:
C: Nevill, Smashing Axe, Endemic, Inf0mercial, Baltika9, Undead Phoenix, Violet, Commisar Draco, Esquilax, The Brazilian Slaughter, archaen, hello friend, 3man75 (13)
D: Major_Blackhart, ERYFKRAD (2)
E: Elfbeserker, lightbane, Jester (3)
F: Grimgravy (1)
G:
H:

A and C

Yesssss.... The Prince of Pleasure coos. Invisible, writhing energy laps at your nerves, shocking your mind with immeasurable pleasure. Far away, you feel heartbreak, and hear distant, mourning wails.

In the puddle of blood, you swear to yourself that you look much more beautiful than before. Distracted, you cut yourself. You feel it. Though still hardened, your hide has softened. You revel in the pain! Playing with your knife, you begin the intricate and perfect heart-ripping ritual.

------

Your immaculate hands are finally clean. Damned blood, how those Khornate brutes appreciate it you'll never know. Unless, of course, you'd like to try some blood rituals. Anyway, you continue your way towards the barracks, passing the combat servitors and smitten wretches, before reaching the blastdoors of the training area. You hear lasfire crackle and sizzle, and thunks as the mercs practice close quarters combat.

The door opens. You enter with a flourish, flooding the air with your dominating presence. The men watch you, agape, and one is knocked onto his ass by an uninterested servitor.

"Get the frak back to training!" bellows a commandeering woman. Sergeant Hooker. Powerfully built, her scars are shown proudly in place of medallions, and her spartan attire reflect her lifestyle and the way she leads her men. She shoots you a stinging glare.

You pass the training mercenaries, equally torn between looking at you or staying focused. They manage to maintain the latter. You meet face to face with the sergeant. You put on your most seductive smile and give her a languid stroke on the cheek. She keeps her tough facade, but you feel her heart racing.

"Yeah? T-The frak do you want?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom