Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Brothers Pre-Release Thread

Dyskolos

Cipher
Each update it only grows tougher and tougher not to dip into this past a few experimental hours. This and Underrail.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hope you do get a gog release since I dont support Early Access nor have that Steam DRM on my gaming PC... Wouldnt like to have to pirate a game froma developer I rather support

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I guess you don't watch DVDs or Netflix either then? Your principles seem to extend only as far as your personal preferences, which is to say, not far enough to make sure you support the developer. Fuck off.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Stop your trolling herr doktor, I am saying that if the game is only available on Steam then either I wont get to play it or have to resort to pirate it. Since I have over 80 games in my gog account I am willing to pay and want to support a good developer but not if it forces me to do sonething I have held off for the last 10 years which is install Steam on my gaming machine.
If you find that to be offensive frankly I dont give a fuck, the message was a suggestion to the developer so child please with your moralizing

Archibald

Arcane
Sounds retarded to give a cut of the profit to Steam if you are not even using it.

Edit: Or can you buy directly from them?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
All I know is that after a long hiatus, I reinstalled Battle Brothers yesterday and HOLY FUCK, the game looks a lot more polished than I remember.

I wonder if it will be on Steam sales...

Cromwell

Arcane
So from what I gather in this thread the EA version is highly playable and it would not be a bad idea to start playing? Or should I really wait for final release?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We need some potato posters to get into an honour fight so I can raffle away 7 copies of battle brothers on the outcome.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So from what I gather in this thread the EA version is highly playable and it would not be a bad idea to start playing? Or should I really wait for final release?

It is highly playable, although there is no over-arching storyline.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit, I met some goblins early game and they just fucking murdered my squad. What's with those to-hit chances? =O

So...goblin2stronk?

oscar

Arcane
Yeah goblins are lethal. Weaker and puny rated bands regularly wipe out a third to half my squads.

Going in with an early game squad is suicide. Only advice I have is night time and dogs. But really they're not worth it until you have a terminator squad assembled.

Feels a little unusual for guys universally such wimps in fantasy. They're far better than human militia and often much more painful to deal with than orc young. It's a surprise they haven't overrun the over factions.

I might considering nerfing their melee equipment a little. The pike user is frequently capable of one-hitting lightly armoured guys while their falchions are quite solid as well. I often find myself dipping into their equipment after a battle.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Hey now Cromwell, what matters is that you're a Patron of :incline:. Hope you like the game.

Because if you don't like it you have shit taste +M

Yeah goblins are lethal. Weaker and puny rated bands regularly wipe out a third to half my squads.

Going in with an early game squad is suicide. Only advice I have is night time and dogs. But really they're not worth it until you have a terminator squad assembled.

Feels a little unusual for guys universally such wimps in fantasy. They're far better than human militia and often much more painful to deal with than orc young. It's a surprise they haven't overrun the over factions.

I might considering nerfing their melee equipment a little. The pike user is frequently capable of one-hitting lightly armoured guys while their falchions are quite solid as well. I often find myself dipping into their equipment after a battle.

Mmm...so it's not just me. Thanks for the advice, but the alternative to getting slaughtered was abandoning an early game caravan to its fate...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
hohoho...

i7kj938.png

Ent

Savant
So I am no the only one getting slaughtered by goblins at the start? Most of my guys were almost dead trying to close the distance and the rest got killed when the melee goblins pulled out throwing weapons.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm distributing them throughout december to various codexers and non-codexers with a history of enjoying similar games.

roshan

Arcane
OK, some reports about the game (I don't know if this has already been pointed out, so here goes):

- When I click and drag the screen to look around, if the mouse passes through an interface element, the click and drag is interrupted. This should not be the case.
- Also, usually in games, dragging the screen is done through the right mouse button, not the left.
- No ability to scroll the screen by moving the mouse pointer to the sides? Please implement this, it should be (and usually is) a given for 2D isometric games that are not locked on a single character.

Game seems awesome so far, but I'm missing some of the stuff I've read about in the updates!

rapsdjff

Lucky

Arcane
OK, some reports about the game (I don't know if this has already been pointed out, so here goes):

- When I click and drag the screen to look around, if the mouse passes through an interface element, the click and drag is interrupted. This should not be the case.
- Also, usually in games, dragging the screen is done through the right mouse button, not the left.
- No ability to scroll the screen by moving the mouse pointer to the sides? Please implement this, it should be (and usually is) a given for 2D isometric games that are not locked on a single character.

Game seems awesome so far, but I'm missing some of the stuff I've read about in the updates!

rapsdjff

The stuff they talk about in the progress reports is part of the next big update and not in the game yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom