Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Gumblert doesn't like Fallout 2

xemous

Arcane
im trying to play fallout 2

first on a P54C 100MHz 17 CRT and again right after on my P4 2,8 21 SONY GDM5402 CRT with a POWERFIST POWERARMOUR TEKNO CRUSADER

fallout 2 is BORING

Last edited:
Fallout 2 + Restoration Patch picked up for me right when I got access to the Chryslus Highwayman.

Seriously... Give the game a try at least to that turning point.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fallout 2 doesn't hold a flare to Fallout, that's for sure, but in no fukken way is it worse than Fallout Three-Dawg.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Fallout 2 doesn't hold a flare to Fallout
Fuck off with your typical opinion. Quest design and depth in general is much improved.

Depth in general as in talking deathclaws, scientologists, a chess-playing radscorpion, kung-fu town, a magick cheezy poofs lovin' molerat and an actual fucking ghost.
Typical as FUCK. Just LARP you hallucinated all of it if it bothers you to find weird shit in a weird world.

xemous

Arcane
fallout 2 quest design is all over the place (imo)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
heres some great quests

you can help a stupid person find a gold watch by blowing up a rocks at the bottom of an outhouse and returning the watch

another great quest you can kill some rats in a farm to help the farmer phenomenal depth of design

another quest you can pass messages back and forth from a loser farmer to a drunk in a bar

another phenomenal quest of great depth is picking up a book from an outhouse and returning it to some bitch in a bar who loaned it out
Nice handpicking.

Severian Silk

Fallout 2 does drag on a bit, and doesn't have same atmosphere as Fallout. It really doesn't have the strong immediately-post-the-apocalypse feel that Fallout has, but it is set 80 years after the first game, so I suppose that's not surprising. But it's not good either. I, too, would have liked to just see it set in a different part of the country (somewhere up near Boston would have been cool) but at the same basic time as the Fallout, with a few vague references to what's been happening down south
OMG

bloodlover

Arcane
Who is the retard that used an alt to revive a 9yo thread? This is low even for the Codex.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
xemous go fucking play mass effect and leave the good games to others

Severian Silk

Fallout 2 felt kind of cheap and tacky compared to Fallout 1, but it didn't totally suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom