Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Lionheart Legacy of the Crusader

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I just did everything I could find in Barcelona and then uninstalled the game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I remember blowing all my disposable income on this and MOO3. What a nightmare.
lolmegatron.gif

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I found the Lionfart install on my hdd, well hidden must say.

Constant problem with enemies coming into melee range. Other classes than melee feels clunky and need support of melee mercenary or hired character. I stopped playing melee characters some time ago and prefer ranged ones, or magic.
There is trait removing penalty for range weapons in melee range but still.

As someone mentioned before - it's not that game is h'n's outside the city + sewers, it's overwhelming feel of gave up and being filler for regulars paychecks in near future.
DNF creators and Stalker ShoC devs did that art too but for longer.

I played numerous middleware games, russian rpgs, some garbage stuff but Lionheart combat is bland shit boring.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You need an entire team of designers and content creators to even try to fix this.
Some modders, no matter how crazy, are not enough.

Archibald

Arcane
You need an entire team of designers and content creators to even try to fix this.

Well no need to make it "full length" 80 hours game. But yeah, new assets would be required.

Dragula

Augur
You're a pretty dumb fella, Dragula, aren't you?

There is NO content after Montaillou which barely has anything at all. Save for building half the game there's nothing else to do.

Yes yes you rant and rant a bout how content is missing, but did they ever plan more content? Or was this a failure straight from the planning phase?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes yes you rant and rant a bout how content is missing, but did they ever plan more content? Or was this a failure straight from the planning phase?

Dude, how should I or anyone know? You would assume that they planned SOMETHING unless there was a mischievous plan to lure people with candies to only throw them in the pit afterwards. But who knows, I could see the handsome mustachioed and elite business man above do that and hope they get good reviews given the ability of gaming journalists to only play the beginning of games.

Regardless, the point is there is no content to fix or restore in the game which is what modders usually do.

Dragula

Augur
Quick cash grab has always been a strategy used no matter what type of media, so it is a possibility that they had no idea what to do after the first city.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Summary of game
1 hour of exploring a city and discovering interesting NPCs followed by really bad combat for 20-30 hours straight.
ending in a diplomacy check or potion chugging exercise vs the last boss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom