Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Worst CRPG Ever?

Worst CRPG Ever?

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Diablo should definitely on that list.
Even if no sane codexer would consider it as an RPG, i believe it was labelled as such and was a huge commercial success that led into the path of decline.
Your face should be led into the path of my fists.

Jed

Cipher
Worst in this context is gap between expectation and reality. Pillars was expected by many to somewhere between 'great' and 'good for what it is' and we got Banal Shit Boring. It's worth a place on that list, though I don't think it can match the shitness and moment of sharp decline that Oblivion was, for example.
I can recall a time on the Codex when Morrowind was considered a sharp decline.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Guys i know which rpg is worst ever, without loolz... it is this abomination
0kUtI8y.jpg

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Voted dragon age 2 i still have nightmare T_T

Without wishing to undermine felipepepe, Bah, newfags thinking their mediocre action RPGs are the WORST THING EVER!!! :argh:

I wouldn't go as far as to say I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as bad as the hysteria surrounding it implied at the time. It was bioware being bioware, only on the cheap. I managed to finish it, which is more that I can say for some similar games (Witcher(s), looking at you).

Well at least witcher have a great setting and a nice writing... Dragon age 2 was a mess starting by the prologue where if you look at the map they take a road that have totally lack of sense... To totally high school quality written companions featuring:

Isabela: Corset pirate perizoma nimphomaniac
Merril: Retarded elf
Anders: Justice and mage freedoom let's blow up evrything because of.... plot i guess? ((the ending was the most WTF moment i had ever seen))
Fenris: Typical character you can find in pretty much all anime and jrpg... The hate filled dude with white air attempting to be cool in a desperate manner...
Aveline: Doublechinned female fighter...
Bethany: oh i am your sweet sister so kawaii
Carver: Spoled child wanting always attention...

And of course beside Beth and carver they were all to be bisexual because of parity!

Then add recycled areas all over... Full plate knights swooping like ninja jumping from the air doing acrobacy... Darkspawn that seem animated from the first power ranger series..A combat system that were just a fast paced beat em up with levels...Elves in the lore described as actractive to human and turned in sort of anorexic gremlings...I mean.. They could be perfect imps...

Really you are comparing witcher with dragon age 2? XD come on....

Saduj

Arcane

Yeah Restricted Area is pretty horrible. Got it for $2.50 a few years ago and still feel ripped off. Metal Heart is awful too. Pretty rare that I quit games early on but these two were just that bad.

Never played it but I voted for Ultima IX because it seems to fit Felipepepe's criteria best.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Worst in this context is gap between expectation and reality. Pillars was expected by many to somewhere between 'great' and 'good for what it is' and we got Banal Shit Boring. It's worth a place on that list, though I don't think it can match the shitness and moment of sharp decline that Oblivion was, for example.
I can recall a time on the Codex when Morrowind was considered a sharp decline.

It is, by many. whatever you think of it, Oblivion is such a huge drop off in quality.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Well at least witcher have a great setting and a nice writing...
That's true - I really wanted to like it. In fact I played it far more than I wanted to just to experience the plot and because I felt I should like it, even thought it became increasingly tortuous towards the end.

They're not really comparible, and I was being a bit frivolous, but I couldn't think of another action RPG that had such potential and yet underachieved off the top of my head. I still can't actually. The only ones I can think of are other bioware games, and I quite liked some of those. :oops: I suppose Drakensang was similar, but I had some fun with that.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Well at least witcher have a great setting and a nice writing...
That's true - I really wanted to like it. In fact I played it far more than I wanted to just to experience the plot and because I felt I should like it, even thought it became increasingly tortuous towards the end.

They're not really comparible, and I was being a bit frivolous, but I couldn't think of another action RPG that had such potential and yet underachieved off the top of my head. I still can't actually. The only ones I can think of are other bioware games, and I quite liked some of those. :oops: I suppose Drakensang was similar, but I had some fun with that.

Just out of curiosity... What made you dislike witcher? For example a lot of people loved dark souls... i played it arrived after the capra demon in that place full of shaking bridges and things blowing you stuff poisoning you then trashed it... In my case i disliked dark souls not for its difficoulty but in his lack of dialogues and overall narrative even if the game have pretty interesting lore if you search around..

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Just out of curiosity... What made you dislike witcher? For example a lot of people loved dark souls... i played it arrived after the capra demon in that place full of shaking bridges and things blowing you stuff poisoning you then trashed it... In my case i disliked dark souls not for its difficoulty but in his lack of dialogues and overall narrative even if the game have pretty interesting lore if you search around..

I tried to play it through on about three or four occasions and there were two things that kept making me quit - (i) the twitchy combat, and (ii) the fact that a lot of the quests involve a lot of tedious slogging back and fore, spending more time running than actually doing anything. There were a lot of fetch X widgets quests than annoyed me.

Still, I persisted, and on the final occasion I forced myself to play right through to the end as an elf-sympathiser. Then I found myself railroaded into working for the king against my will and quit in disgust as the character I was now forced to play wasn't the one I'd spent most of the game shaping.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you think MM9 or Oblivion is the worst CRPG ever released, then you really haven't played many CRPGs.
If the thread had been about the most disappointing games it would have made more sense. And that is probably true for most of the games on the list.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm being subjective here, of course there are objectively worst RPGs - Metal Heart: Replicant's Rampage, Gorasul, Neverend, Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace, Space Hack, etc... - but you're not a really bad game if you didn't fool hordes of people into playing.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

cmmon if u can get worse then that i havent seen it

i WISH i could find a lets play of metalheart on youtube, i might have to dust off those cds and fire that fker up and show ppl how horrible a game can be

e-

starting at like 350 thats the world map song from gorasul, i think i spent more time listening to that then actually playing that shit game haha

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Still a better story than Twilight DA:I. I mean, you've got some sort of dragon alchemist that raises a kid into an archmage and teaches him magic missile. I'm already more interested in finding out what that's about than riding the bull and getting rid of the green hand of masturbation while holding the mouse button down and sticking in place to watch autoattacks play out (assuming I didn't hold the button down out of range). Etc.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter

Still a better story than Twilight DA:I. I mean, you've got some sort of dragon alchemist that raises a kid into an archmage and teaches him magic missile. I'm already more interested in finding out what that's about than riding the bull and getting rid of the green hand of masturbation while holding the mouse button down and sticking in place to watch autoattacks play out (assuming I didn't hold the button down out of range). Etc.

only da i played was dragon age organs (the first one) and i quit like 3hrs in lol, no idea how bad 2 and 3 are :)

problem with bioware games is they aren't even good for a laugh, they're too cringe cos i know there's tons of supernerds out there jerking it thinking of morrigan(spelling?) or ashley williams, at least with games like gorasul or metalheart or 'no time for dragons(w/e the fk that one was called)' or two worlds i can at least get a laugh out of them

but bioware man they been bringing fagnerd to a whole new level since bg2'

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I see I got a brofist from Giskard. I really hope you're not the same demented dimwit cursed with Modder's Syndrome called Giskard who's notorious in the Elder Scrolls modding community?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom