Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Moink

Cipher
They put a lot of little details like that, clothes have physics, throwing water at people will put out their torches etc, there's also area's which only small people can go.

Adds to the charm

Zeriel

Arcane
Made a big bertha style female warrior and to my surprise not only the long hairstyles have some physics but the breasts have giggly physics too when swinging a sword or jumping, felt like good old Oblivion when I had my custom followers dress in skimpy clothes and dance for me :D

There's some funny AI behavior tied into that stuff. Ogres and some other monsters will pick up female characters and carry them off, some areas can only be accessed by very short characters, you can carry pawns, etc.

Moink

Cipher
Setting my pawn of fire and then throwing her at the enemy was always fun.

PirateScum

Augur
They put a lot of little details like that, clothes have physics, throwing water at people will put out their torches etc, there's also area's which only small people can go.

What the... I've finished the PS3 version like 4 times and never noticed that last detail. :oops:

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
For anyone interested in performance, my overclocked CoreDuo e7400(3,42 ghz) 4 gb ram and Radeon 7750 allows me to play the game pretty much smoothly on max settings. (Thank god, since I pre-ordered it).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Obligatory

nD2cI6T.gif

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
It will dont worry, am playing on 4600HD cause my 7990 DIED OFF, 1k down the drain, anyway its working quite nicely on HD4600 witch suprised me a lot, they really really did a great job on optimization. Am playing pre release copy...

Reinhardt

Arcane
But i've preordered game to learn how in japanese "WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS". I think, i will use demo version to play.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If it's a matter of a simple sound file switch, I assume someone is going to release the right files anyways so you can have the japanese voices even after they patch it.

Personally I'm going to make my pawn a huge dude with the voice of a female chipmunk, just because I can.

Avellion

Erudite
for those of you who've played the original, normal or hard?
Hard is terribly balanced. And a lot of things will one shot you (but ONLY you since the companions are unaffected). But on the other hand, you level up twice as fast and you get showered in gold so you will always have the best equipment and plenty of buff consumables to boot. So in the end... Hard Mode actually ends up being easier than Normal Mode.

That said, getting instakilled by all the giant monsters kept the tension high in boss fights at all times. So I played on Hard Mode regardless of how poorly designed it was.

Delterius

Arcane
for those of you who've played the original, normal or hard?
Hard is an attempt to keep things fresh for new game +. If you start off on Hard, most things will one shot you (but only you, your pawns won't be) and the economy goes broke. Its far from impossible for an experienced player but not necessarily more fun, even if vanilla becomes easy after a while. I think its just a way for people to grind new characters straight for Dark Arisen.

funkadelik

Arcane
If anyone wants access to Into Free, the original song, just PM me and I will add it to my dropbox for download.

Edit: Also, I fucking hated the song when I originally played it. Woke up drunk one day with Dragon Dogma on the TV just basically looping the song and it grew on me as I was too hungover to turn it off.

Zeriel

Arcane
God, that intro sequence makes me want to blow my brains out when you have to repeat it to change some customization option or whatever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In anticipation of liking the game and the OST, I'm putting the full soundtrack (including Into Free -Dangan-) on my iPod for bicycling around the city. Your thoughts? Good idea or bad idea?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
God, that intro sequence makes me want to blow my brains out when you have to repeat it to change some customization option or whatever.
[Ugly old lady pawn intensifies]

WATCH OUT ARISEN, HARPIES!

I'LL SEAL IT WITH MAGICK!

STRIKE IT'S TAIL.

"This way, ser!"

And to top it all off, this fucking cutscene:

Feel free to switch it out with the cutscene of that one guard getting hilariously eaten through badly clipped models.

I've probably replayed the intro to this game over 20 something times.
:negative:

PirateScum

Augur
In anticipation of liking the game and the OST, I'm putting the full soundtrack (including Into Free -Dangan-) on my iPod for bicycling around the city. Your thoughts? Good idea or bad idea?

Nothing wrong with that, but the OST is nothing to write home about, Dangan grows on you naturally, after you played the game for 60+ hours (before Dark Arisen).

Also if you're a story fag and don't want to miss quests or like gothic lolis, go back to Cassardis (starter villager) after mainquests in 'The Encampment'. It's quite easy to forfeit certain quests by progressing the mq.

Ebonsword

Arcane

Yeah, it is annoying to have to go through all of that again when you realize that you made your Arisen's face look messed up from certain angles or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom