Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What should I smuggle from Japan?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
My friend is going on a business trip to Japan and he's offering to grab something for me, as long as it's not too heavy/large/fragile. I was thinking about grabbing a genuine PC-98 laptop or some other PC, but IIRC these are fragile as fuck and will most likely break on their way to my place. Also, no human trafficking. :(

Now when I think about it, I can't figure out what I can actually get, so if you have any suggestions, I'll gladly hear them out. I was thinking about games/soundtrack CDs that can be easily purchased in Japan but barely available in US/Europe, but as usual, there are some other options that I might've forgotten.

So. Any ideas?

inb4 jap release of Planescape: Torment

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I love you guys. Don't change.
However, I'm more interested in games/various kinds of hardware that's more available in Japan than anywhere else. So far I can only think about getting an Evergrace soundtrack CD to bug eric__s.

As for your suggestions:
Evangelion BluRay.
Never watched and don't plan to. However, it's a good idea, because I can sell it to local weaboos for a huge amount of $$$. Thank you.
Buy some octupus snacks. And ofc buy some sealed used panties in a shop.
They'll be indigestible by the time he returns from the trip.
If you are ZZ get a tanto.

Then use it.
Good to see you again, DDZ. I'd gladly get it, but it's too risky.
Nah.
A catgirl
No cathuman trafficking, unfortunately.
Squid ink?
Good idea to get $$$ from weaboos, zero value to me.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How about japanese sex toys. I'm sure there are people that would buy those. :lol:
Not interested in those, but some people would definitely buy them.

But I think you missed the point. I'm getting stuff for myself, not for sale or other shit.
You want to buy something for yourself, but you don't know what it is, or why you need it. Maybe you should consider rejecting your consumer programming and not buy anything?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
anime pillow:

jamesfrancopillow.jpg

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This from Lost in Translation: "Airsoft MP5 with a Tokyo-Marui tracer adapter, firing plastic phosphor-luminescent BBs"

If you've seen this most awesome movie, you'll know what I mean, but unfortunately I'm having problems finding an image or video of it from the movie, but I did find this:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
My friend is going on a business trip to Japan and he's offering to grab something for me, as long as it's not too heavy/large/fragile. I was thinking about grabbing a genuine PC-98 laptop or some other PC, but IIRC these are fragile as fuck and will most likely break on their way to my place. Also, no human trafficking. :(

Now when I think about it, I can't figure out what I can actually get, so if you have any suggestions, I'll gladly hear them out. I was thinking about games/soundtrack CDs that can be easily purchased in Japan but barely available in US/Europe, but as usual, there are some other options that I might've forgotten.

So. Any ideas?

inb4 jap release of Planescape: Torment

Tasty brand of chocolate. They have really cheap and perfect quality manga in second hand stores. They look flawlessly like new. Samurai sword, that one with real number certified by Japanese government that has been made by a smith with permission as a limited number made per year. Quality Wasabi powder?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom