Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Pretty good ratings.
XCOM2_reviews-250x115.jpg
6tZxOcu.png

Yeah... Even it was labeled as a "game for PC". :?

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Already preordered the digital deluxe version.
Since I am a pretty horrible bastard nice guy, I will name most of my starting squad after Codexers for fun and profit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does not mean it is legal. We don't know how exactly they get these keys.
I read that they might be using stolen credit cards to buy them and then resell them to others. Or use this to launder money.

People on Steam sometimes reported that they lost access to the games bought from these sites.
These sites offer you insurance as well.. that should tell you everything.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Once you activate the key nobody gives a shit where it's from.

Then again, I have been evading public transport fares for 2 years now, and I ride the bus every day. (Seriously, 3$ for a ride? Fuck off.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Once you activate the key nobody gives a shit where it's from.

Then again, I have been evading public transport fares for 2 years now, and I ride the bus every day. (Seriously, 3$ for a ride? Fuck off.)
Yes they do. If they used stolen card and report it, all transactions can be reversed and so can that key you used. Then Steam figures out the key is not valid and removes the game from your account.

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Also, I have yet to run into problems with keys through these type of secondary dealers.
Though I haven't tried that with a new release.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is not often enough that is happens to everyone but I guess it is often enough that these sites sell insurance for 3$ per purchase.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Day 1 purchase. I must say I was afraid that XCOM 2 would turn out to be shitty because it went to a complete different direction (from defenders of the Earth to working as terrorists?) and I wished for Tentaculats to fight in the sequel.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Is there pod activation shit in this one? Don't think I'll bother if there is.

From the streams, it is the same as always.

It is quite different - pods actually exist in the game even before discovered and patrols, instead of being a teleportating spawn point that spawns aliens on discovery.

Well yeah, but it is still pods in essence.

Well yeah, but previously that was the source of many rpoblems and bugs, now it's just enemies hanging out in groups. So what is the problem here? This is not the first or the last game that has enemies forming a unit. It's just called a pod.

Unless the issue here is that pod activation free movement to cover thingy. But that is not pods fault :M

Zetor

Arcane
I seem to remember some advent soldiers running away to activate a neighboring pod in Beagle's stream yesterday.

That said, pods are a symptom of nuXCOM's gameyness (bite-size tactical encounters for the commander on the go). I'm not sure it's possible to remove them at this point without redesigning the game at its core... at least concealment can mess with the system a little, and activating 2 pods at a time doesn't appear to be a guaranteed death sentence either.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Wouldn't it be great if enemies were actually lured by gunfire or something like that, instead of standing like idiots on the other side of the building because we "haven't activated" them yet? ._.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ummm, that's already how it works in the first game. Enemies are able to hear sound and will move towards it, or maybe that's a Long War addition? Either way, a silly statement, considering it already worked that way.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Wouldn't it be great if enemies were actually lured by gunfire or something like that, instead of standing like idiots on the other side of the building because we "haven't activated" them yet? ._.

You mean something closer to this?:

I agree it is still not perfect, but at the same time enemies rushing to the sound of gunfire is a fast receipt for GG - you land, shoot someone, figh tall the aliens 2 turns later.
. Not to mention - in original XCOM they responded to gunfire only from a very short distance. It seems they alter their patrol path towards gunfire in XCOM2 as well, also not within some enormous range, but there it is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Baited hehe. I wonder if that is the AI in work, or just some random thing that happened. I hope the AI will do stuff like that, but yeah...

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Baited hehe. I wonder if that is the AI in work, or just some random thing that happened. I hope the AI will do stuff like that, but yeah...
My guess it was more the "last survivor runs away to alert another pod" maneuver.

Still, I saw in beaglerush videos instances where the last guy ran for help and brought 2 pods with him, because why the fuck not.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice. Those moments are going to be very interesting :)

Edit:

Btw is there a grenadier class?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom