Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Old school FPS fun...

Rayt

Liturgist
That electro gun is fantastic. if you zap a large pack of enemies with the secondary attack, then press the primary attack button it electrocutes the entire bunch of them and everything that walks near them in the next 5 seconds. Awesome.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I'm pretty typical among FPSers. I've been looking forward to Halo 2, Doom 3, Half-life 2, Far Cry, STALKER, Painkiller, Kreed, Breed, Pariah, UT2k4, and a few others.

However, one that recently caught my attention quite a bit is Hollow. It features emergent gameplay, multiple endings, a strong influence from the works of Franz Kafka. If it's as twisted as I think it will be, I may very well end up buying it.

Btw, anyone played Postal 2 here? Is it worth picking up with the "Share the Pain" addition?

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Azael said:
There's also the minigun/rocket launcher that you get to use against the final boss, fun stuff. I agree on the first weapon, it's very powerful against weak enemies, no need to use the stake gun against the zombies and such, unless you want to pin them to the wal.
It's an overall powerhouse. It is by far the most effective wepon against the axe-fatties, just point it at thier stomach.

Anonymous

Serious Sam 2 (the sequel, not Second Encounter) sounds pretty bad-ass, they have weekly updates about it's progress at http://www.croteam.com

I loved the first Serious Sam games, very good fun (HA! VERY GOOD FUN!), Painkiller sounds pretty cool too.

FPS-wise, this year I really want Stalker, Serious Sam2, Vampire, UT2004, Doom 3, Painkiller (in order of want, but they are all high in want).

Anonymous

Yeah, they rocked. Making a Co-Op game offline (which you can do) and setting it to Serious mode and playing the game solo that way was the best. That way whenever you died, you'd just respawn and could keep going on (although any secret weapons you had found will be gone).

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I never liked playing it online myself. Then it turned into just an average shooter, and not a hardcore FPS due to lack of enemies

Anonymous

Co-Op is single player, but you can have other people join...

And the difficulty ramped the amount of enemies.

Golemer

Novice
After trying out and looking through these games, I think I might just hold 50 bucks for Halo 2.

I don't know why I hold my breath for Bungie, but hopefully they don't push back the release anymore. :?

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Hey, Bungie did create Myth I and II. That's good enough for me. And Halo 1 was pretty awesome, even if Gearbox screwed up the port.

Golemer

Novice
I'd have to agree with you, Halo: Combat Evolved was the shit.

Halo + 2 rooms + 2 Xbox systems + 8 people + pizza = good times.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Didn't like Halo that much. I'm strictly an SP man, and the campaign for Halo had a lot of map repetition.

Spazmo

Erudite
Halo was a blast on Xbox in the cooperative multiplayer mode but was generally poor otherwise. There's lots of good stuff in the game, but the level design is just too bland.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Well, it's definitely not Battlefield Vietnam, but it was nice to have a little freedom of movement in outdoor terrain. I enjoyed the game very much, overall. Of course, Halo fanboys can get annoying too. Just try mentioning how much better Halo is with a keyboard and a mouse and prepare for the approaching apocalypse. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom